Atheist student sues school over prayer banner. WINS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Atheist student sues school over prayer banner. WINS!
and furthermore about the banner, i think that the religious should stand up to
it as well, and shouldnt disrespect the constitution, A document which even I,
a non american, hold in very high esteem. I even wish that egypt would make a
new constitution thats copy pasted from it instead of the stupid Quran
constitution we currently have
Its not offensive because its religion or whatever, its offensive because it
disrespects the constitution, one the closest things to a holy text in the world.
not holy because of revelation or some other B.S., because its a magnificent human achievment and is one of the closest attempts at achieving the just city and state.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I was reading the comments and continuing to realize the growing stupidity of our nation. I'm tired of this nation for 'them' and want a nation for U.S.

Of course if it had anything to do with Allah the Christians would complain that its a couple thousand miles away from the world trade center and that they should remove it. These people just want a nation for themselves. They constantly hate us.

Malcolm Alexander

Richard Notizia Federal law does not specifically stop States from openly pracitsing a religion. YOU read the Constitution. Federal law prevents CONGRESS from establishing a religion.
The Constitution is in place to STOP State interference in the free practice of religion. It has been twisted by ignorant liberals and atheists to remove Christianity from the public sphere.

Michael Donnelly

Atheism is a religion and is the religion of choice of the current administration and supreme court. We no longer have any God Fearing politicians or judges and so goes our nation into destruction.

Jennifer Joy Logan

Really? why are atheist so afraid of prayer? If they believe in nothing, then they should not be afraid of those of us of faith, excercising our rights!

I took all those comments from that article.

I know this will be the fall of our country if it doesnt get resolved. The religious need to constantly hate to make themselves feel better. Whether it was because of gender or sexuality, race or culture, or even other religions. They are a force we need gone from our government. They don't care about your rights as long as they get preferential treatment. They don't care about intelligence as long as you believe in Jesus. They are a backward society we can't reason with and those of us that change hopefully will grow.

I have no understanding why they don't want to be fair. No idea why they can't grasp their mind around it. If this continues all I can see is more stupidity from them in our future. Are they going to continue talking down on our fellow americans? Will they abandon rational thought and fulfill the agenda of their own? Will they discriminate against crippled people next?

I'm joking about the last one but I believe we have stunted our growth in believing in nothing rather than believing in humanity. Instead of helping we are isolating.

We are all individuals but we are all human. All they see is that they are God's children and everyone else is an abomination.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 5 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I started reading the comments below the article. Bad choice.

The amount of sheer ignorance in the comments is incredibly frustrating. People keep saying things like "Nowhere in the Constitution does it say 'separation of church and state.'"

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

If people would bother to crack a history book maybe they would understand that establishment of religion is referring to any government endorsement of a particular religion or group of religions. In 1791 establishment of religion was a specific term used to describe a state religion.
[+] 3 users Like Ben's post
13-01-2012, 02:07 PM
(12-01-2012 02:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Bradley said the student who filed a lawsuit is being used as a pawn by the American Civil Liberties Union.

LMAO!

The establishment clause makes it clear that proselytizing in public schools is not okay, and court interpretation of this clause throughout history has always fallen on the side of the ACLU's lawsuit in this case. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, and this claim that the "ACLU is using someone to promote an agenda" (I'm paraphrasing the above quote) is childish. It's like saying "you may have been right, but you were such a prick about it".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
17-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeh i read about this recently
Such a shame that she's getting so many death threats from "moderate christians". Good set of morals there christians SMH
17-01-2012, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 01:15 PM by houseofcantor.)
Taking a moral stand contrary to current ethical standard is evil.

That's my position. I can defend evil. Tradition dictates defense of good; it's just time for some new traditions.

It’s unclear when or if the school will remove the banner. is exactly how much good is done by the rhetoric.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
27-01-2012, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 02:55 PM by savagelive215.)
If i may lay my opinion on this matter.. Has anyone listened to this crap and sat back and looked at yourselves. That girl is an abomination to humanity.. Your going to make a big deal about a prayer some little 7th grader made when he was in school and it bothered her so much she had to go to court and get 13,000 and scholarships. How about since she was so appalled by it she donates her money and donates her scholarships. hahaha i cant do anything but laugh at such a petty little person over a prayer, if you dont like it dont look at it.. If i go to the store and I dont like mushrooms, am i going to sue the super market because i had to look at mushrooms when i go shopping I mean come one . And people wonder why is our countrys so messed up, because we give merit to crap like this. Why not spend your time and effort figuring out how to create jobs or shrink our debt.. Instead she costs everyone reading this money to bring this case to court. Whos paying her scholarships and court money.. We are....
My question to GERMANYT is, There is different religions, different races, different ideals that everyone share.. Lets assume your German and dont like jews do you eradicate them like the prayer in the school because your child is impressionable and you dont want them around to corrupt her mind.. I hope your in awe reading this because im in awe reading these forums glorifying an idiot... Maybe you should try being a good parent and teach her the American way which is freedom of speech and religion. Each person is able to have there own opinion. You should teach her that some people worship a god and as an atheist we dont.. Simple.. But no instead you complain.. Boy o boy it is so unbelievable that someone would put a banner up saying to repect your neighbor, its such a derogatory statement that i just cant bear to go on with life until i have it taken down..
27-01-2012, 03:07 PM
(27-01-2012 02:43 PM)savagelive215 Wrote:  If i may lay my opinion on this matter.. Has anyone listened to this crap and sat back and looked at yourselves. That girl is an abomination to humanity.. Your going to make a big deal about a prayer some little 7th grader made when he was in school and it bothered her so much she had to go to court and get 13,000 and scholarships. How about since she was so appalled by it she donates her money and donates her scholarships. hahaha i cant do anything but laugh at such a petty little person over a prayer, if you dont like it dont look at it.. If i go to the store and I dont like mushrooms, am i going to sue the super market because i had to look at mushrooms when i go shopping I mean come one . And people wonder why is our countrys so messed up, because we give merit to crap like this. Why not spend your time and effort figuring out how to create jobs or shrink our debt.. Instead she costs everyone reading this money to bring this case to court. Whos paying her scholarships and court money.. We are....
My question to GERMANYT is, There is different religions, different races, different ideals that everyone share.. Lets assume your German and dont like jews do you eradicate them like the prayer in the school because your child is impressionable and you dont want them around to corrupt her mind.. I hope your in awe reading this because im in awe reading these forums glorifying an idiot... Maybe you should try being a good parent and teach her the American way which is freedom of speech and religion. Each person is able to have there own opinion. You should teach her that some people worship a god and as an atheist we dont.. Simple.. But no instead you complain.. Boy o boy it is so unbelievable that someone would put a banner up saying to repect your neighbor, its such a derogatory statement that i just cant bear to go on with life until i have it taken down..

You don't understand the principle involved. The principle is the separation of church and state. The government cannot be involved in promoting any religious view. The school is a public (government) school.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2012, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 03:20 PM by germanyt.)
(27-01-2012 02:43 PM)savagelive215 Wrote:  If i may lay my opinion on this matter.. Has anyone listened to this crap and sat back and looked at yourselves. That girl is an abomination to humanity.. Your going to make a big deal about a prayer some little 7th grader made when he was in school and it bothered her so much she had to go to court and get 13,000 and scholarships. How about since she was so appalled by it she donates her money and donates her scholarships. hahaha i cant do anything but laugh at such a petty little person over a prayer, if you dont like it dont look at it.. If i go to the store and I dont like mushrooms, am i going to sue the super market because i had to look at mushrooms when i go shopping I mean come one . And people wonder why is our countrys so messed up, because we give merit to crap like this. Why not spend your time and effort figuring out how to create jobs or shrink our debt.. Instead she costs everyone reading this money to bring this case to court. Whos paying her scholarships and court money.. We are....

WAT? You clearly don't understand the Constitution and how separation of church and state works. This public, state funded school was breaking the law by endorsing a specific religion. If someone doesn't fight to maintain church-state separation then before you know it there will be crucifixes on the White House lawn. And don't suggest that I"m exaggerating. Have you ever heard Gingrich or Santorum speak.

As for the ridiculous comment about Jews or mushrooms. No one is forcing me to shop at the mushroom store. If I'm offended by mushrooms then I won't buy groceries there. I have no choice but to send my daughter to school. If I'm forced by state law to send my daughter to a state funded school then there damn well better not be any religious symoblism there. However harmless you feel it might be. Also, to eradicate Jews would be heinous and a violation of individual liberties and human rights (yeah i said it) that we have wholly agreed every living person has. I'm shocked that you would draw such a comparison.

Let a banner with a prayer and this hang in a private school. It would actually be legal there but I'm sure you'd have Christians throwing fits about it.
[Image: cresentmoon__9412.jpg]

And I don't complain for me. I complain for the kids that are indoctrinated into religion. My work puts up Xmas trees and porcelain nativity scenes everywhere. I don't complain about that because I'm an adult who knows better.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
27-01-2012, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 03:21 PM by houseofcantor.)
Somebody needs a foot up the ass... Angel
(27-01-2012 02:43 PM)savagelive215 Wrote:  That girl is an abomination to humanity..

We're kin, fool.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post