Atheist tells high schoolers God is evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2011, 05:11 AM
RE: Atheist tells high schoolers God is evil
(06-08-2011 07:32 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Monkey.

If a man from Sarnia, Ontario blows up a building in Detroit with a bomb strapped to his back, he's a Canadian suicide bomber, or, put another way, he is a suicide bomber who is Canadian. If someone says, "there's no such thing as Canadian suicide bombers," they'd be incorrect. In fact, you'd be incorrect to say that there can never be an X from cultural group Z, because anyone can be or do anything.

It's not the same thing. Canada is an existing "thing".
Atheist suicide bomber doesn't make sense in that they aren't a group of people!
You can't kill something in the name of nothing!
Atheist doesn't mean that you "believe" there is no god (because believing in this sense could be interpreted at not 100% sure), it means without a god, meaning in your world it doesn't exist. So if something doesn't exist how could you kill in the name of it???
This statement would only be true if some people had a proven god and some don't. And only you who is against the god you'd do an act against it.
But since I know evolution and science I "know" there is no god for anyone it wouldn't make sense.
Atheist the world itself is used as a means of grouping people in the same way as muslims, christians or even republicans, communists, canadian, pink people, green people whatever and it is NOT.
It is used wrong, many atheists have absolutely nothing in common.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM

RE: Atheist tells high schoolers God is evil
(06-08-2011 07:32 AM)Ghost Wrote:  To do something in the name of something is to do something to advance something. Stalin attacked religion in order to eliminate it. He did it in the name of Atheism. The Viet Cong may have done things in the name of Atheism, I'd need an expert to tell me that, but they for sure were doing it in the name of North Vietnam, or something to that effect. Were they Atheists? Yes. So they were Atheist suicide bombers.

The bottom line is, the statement, there's no such thing as and/or there can never be Atheist suicide bombers is demonstrably false. That's one thing. Can people do things in the name of Atheism? Of course they can.

I believe you are referring to anti-theism, which is not simply atheism. Yes, there may be atheist suicide bombers. If they do it in the name of no god, to get rid of religion, then they do it in the name of anti-theism. If they do it in the name of something else, then you've covered that already.

Atheism is not "for" anything, while anti-theism is.
Quote this message in a reply