Atheist that believes in god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Atheist that believes in god?
(10-06-2014 07:04 PM)sporehux Wrote:  We have Atheist apologetics now ?

Debates are not meaningless, atheists arise more from deconverted theists then mere circumstance.
It may be years post debate when reason rallies.

This guy is in that bullshit denial zone and needs to research more then his own ideals.

Lol.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 07:54 PM
That guy's an idiot.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-06-2014, 08:00 PM
(10-06-2014 06:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 04:52 PM)Rockingrandma Wrote:  http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/10...?hpt=hp_t2

This made my head hurt to read it. I don't feel you can have it both ways. I'm sure it would make a whole lot of sense to a believer.

He said he believes in a "spiritual reality" and a creator.

I have experienced a "spiritual reality" with an assist from pharmacology and I AM the creator. Tongue

#sigh
10-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Hey, did I ever tell you guys I'm a pacifist who's taken part in three wars?

And that I'm a mother with no children?

And an employee who has no job?
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
10-06-2014, 08:06 PM
(10-06-2014 06:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I skimmed the article before my iPad crashed.

I don't know tho. I read parts as I skimmed that the writer believes evolution...et al. They also mentioned that what you believe or don't, depends largely on where you were born, influences and parents. In that respect I do agree.

For year's even after I was an atheist, I continued to pray -- not to god or even the universe -- just to anything...to feel not so completely alone maybe.

Now at times when I meditate I get the same feelings. The clarity or confirmation bias...whatever.

I do kinda get it tho.

I think the reason you kinda get it is because he's a damn good bullshitter. The ability to be a great bullshitter starts with knowing your audience and telling them what they want to hear, interspersed with your own ideology. He talks about natural selection, psychology, chemistry, then he says "I also believe that a spiritual reality hovering over, in and through me calls me to love, trust and hear the voice of my creator."

He's grinning saying "Look! I know science! I'm not like those stupid backwater young earthers!" What you don't hear is the mental "Praise God!" after.

So not everything he's saying is dumb. It makes sense. Go and watch a Charles Manson interview. If you relax and don't immediately put your guard up because it's Charlie Manson, what he says makes a lot of sense too. This guy makes just enough sense to pull you in, then tone down his bullshit so you don't realize you're being spoon fed his excrement.
[+] 5 users Like Rockingrandma's post
10-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Many Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Christians inherited their faith because of where they were born. If you are an atheist, you hold those beliefs because of a book or two you read, or who your parents were and the century in which you were born.

Don’t delude yourself: There are no ultimate reasons for anything, just circumstances.

This guy is a fucking idiot. I'm am atheist because The Emperor Has No Fucking Clothes.

Xtian Apologist in Sheeple's clothing.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-06-2014, 09:12 PM
(10-06-2014 04:52 PM)Rockingrandma Wrote:  http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/10...?hpt=hp_t2

This made my head hurt to read it. I don't feel you can have it both ways. I'm sure it would make a whole lot of sense to a believer.

I agree with you. Most believers are very far in understanding atheism.
10-06-2014, 09:14 PM
(10-06-2014 08:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 06:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He said he believes in a "spiritual reality" and a creator.

I have experienced a "spiritual reality" with an assist from pharmacology and I AM the creator. Tongue

K then. I believe in you. That would be the Girly Cosmological Argument.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2014, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 09:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-06-2014 08:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Many Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Christians inherited their faith because of where they were born. If you are an atheist, you hold those beliefs because of a book or two you read, or who your parents were and the century in which you were born.

Don’t delude yourself: There are no ultimate reasons for anything, just circumstances.

This guy is a fucking idiot. I'm am atheist because The Emperor Has No Fucking Clothes.

Xtian Apologist in Sheeple's clothing.

Agree. "Two books" ??
Facepalm

Edit : Wait. I take that back. If the two books were the Old Testament and the New Testament, then I could see that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
What writhing excremental foolishness did I just witness. How exactly does one write an entire book on a subject and get wrong the entire content of the subject? How do you write a book on something you don't even know the definition of or what it's stance is?

That man is a blithering idiot.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post