Atheist the new Villain in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2010, 11:44 AM
RE: Atheist the new Villain in movies
Nice to see Ted McGinnley working again.

He's a fine actor.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2010, 09:47 AM

(20-09-2010 03:15 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  Is it just me, or did the atheist bear a striking resemblance to Alec Baldwin in both appearance and diction?

Wasn't Christ born in spring or summer or something? And isn't Christmas based off of pagan rituals that occurred on December 25th?

Turns out it is a baldwin but not Alex lol

video of The Young Turks take on this movie
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 01:43 AM
My favorite comment : "The unintentionally funniest movie of the´╗┐ year." -HK271184
04-11-2010, 04:34 AM
Just point out that Jesus "bears false witness" to christians.
In the movie a man is given the option to kill a drunkard that crashed his car and killed his sister.
Jesus encourages him and then says it was an illusion , and a test.The man is an atheist , fails Jesus's test and becomes a Christian.
So yeah , Jesus lied. This is the man , that was not the man Smile) lol
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM

(21-09-2010 04:06 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Jesus was real, I just don't think he was anything special.
See:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

for some evidence to the contrary.
04-11-2010, 05:00 PM

And to think, especially with the "Jesus Never Existed" link, the majority of the world population, live and worship a lie.

WOW! It's like a franchise of the gullible. Confused
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
(04-11-2010 03:08 PM)2buckchuck Wrote:  
(21-09-2010 04:06 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Jesus was real, I just don't think he was anything special.
See:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

for some evidence to the contrary.
I think he was real. He had a huge following, and was executed by the Roman government because he was dangerous to them.

I dunno, I haven't read about him in the textbooks in awhile.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Of course there was a Jesus or two or more, but I don't think there was a 'Jesus of Nasareth'. We don't even know if there was a Nazareth.Smile Probably not.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-11-2010, 01:59 AM
(04-11-2010 09:58 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  [
I think he was real. He had a huge following, and was executed by the Roman government because he was dangerous to them.

I was told by a friend of mine who took a course in religious history that the Romans, who kept very detailed records, have no record of anyone who could have been remotely Jesus being crucified or executed in any other way. In fact the Romans didn't like crucifing people for a number of reasons and didn't do nearly as much of it as we belive they did. (Historians are aware of this). Why are there no surviving documents of the Romans executing Jesus? Most likely because it never happened. If such a document existed, every christian church in the world would have a photo copy of it on display.
06-11-2010, 11:21 AM
(05-11-2010 01:59 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(04-11-2010 09:58 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  [

I was told by a friend of mine who took a course in religious history that the Romans, who kept very detailed records, have no record of anyone who could have been remotely Jesus being crucified or executed in any other way. In fact the Romans didn't like crucifing people for a number of reasons and didn't do nearly as much of it as we belive they did. (Historians are aware of this). Why are there no surviving documents of the Romans executing Jesus? Most likely because it never happened. If such a document existed, every christian church in the world would have a photo copy of it on display.

Would it be possible that the story of Jesus is based on an earlier pagan myth , or as mono-theism suggests , a mix of pagan myths ?

The Black Sea was a lake at first and due to various natural "calamities" it became connected with the ocean. Some suggest this is were the flood myth comes from. Oral traditions due decay in time I suppose ?!