Atheist to Believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Atheist to Believer
And maybe something for the anger. Add that to the list hobbit.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Depakote
12-01-2014, 02:10 PM
(12-01-2014 02:01 PM)RRex Wrote:  1. I've read hundreds of science books. They have yet to explain the complexity of life.

2. I did not say I believe in a god. God implies religious intent. I am not religious and I do not believe this superior being exists to be worshipped.

1. And you don't think science offers any explanation of the complexity of life? Uh, ok. whatever you say.

2. Then what's the point. it makes no difference if this superior being exists or not - though you have offered no proof that it does.
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
(12-01-2014 02:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Abilify or Seroquil. I recommend those. Both if necessary (as I suspect they are)

Also throw some Hydroxyzine Pamoate in there. Helps get it moving.

Never tried Abilify but Seroquel knocks me out proper and is more effective for sleep for me than anything else. I'm gonna have to try me some of that Hydroxyzine. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-01-2014, 02:17 PM
(12-01-2014 02:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Abilify or Seroquil. I recommend those. Both if necessary (as I suspect they are)

Also throw some Hydroxyzine Pamoate in there. Helps get it moving.

Never tried Abilify but Seroquel knocks me out proper and is more effective for sleep for me than anything else. I'm gonna have to try me some of that Hydroxyzine. Big Grin

It's an allergy pill, but apparently it helps the medication into the blood stream. It's odd I know, but for one of the guys I look after it really makes a difference.

Please see a doctor first Girly. Lol.
12-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I wasn't being snarky and I'm not trying to be rude.

You made a post stating your personal experience and using one of the oldest and tired arguments (from design) as proof of a creator. Many of us have given a good deal of thought to these things and it gets rather old.

I for one, am sorry that you suffered from a psychotic break (as you call it) but anything thought of while suffering a mental break would be even less reliable in my estimation.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-01-2014, 02:33 PM
(12-01-2014 02:17 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Please see a doctor first Girly. Lol.

Bah. Find something that works and then tell the Doc and ask him to write a script. Tongue That's how I discovered the wonder of Seroquel for sleep (which acts like an antihistamine in the low doses used for sleep). And AllDayChemist's got it cheap. Everything from AllDayChemist makes it through US Customs. But since it's closely related to Meclizine for which I already have a script and is not as effective as Seroquel I probably won't bother.

12-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Well be careful! I'd hate for something to happen to you Sad
12-01-2014, 02:36 PM
(12-01-2014 02:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well be careful! I'd hate for something to happen to you Sad

Ain't my first rodeo. Girly's been at this a long time. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-01-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 04:31 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
What exactly were you on RRex? How much? For how long? Was there a change in prescription all of a sudden? How long ago did this happen?

There are a good amount of meds that can bring on psychosis. It doesn't end quickly, either. I'm talking a few years before the major side-effects wear off.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your experience is invalid. I believe it's your truth. What I'm getting to is that for your mind to recover from the psychosis, it takes longer than in the movies. Your brain did a hard reset, and it's going to affect you. From what you said, you went from atheist to theist. I'd call that a big change, a big effect on your cognition.

I just want you to be aware that things may change. You might go from theist to atheist at another stage in your recovery. Whatever happens through this, don't judge yourself - the brain can sometimes be a scary place, and like a dark alley, it's best not to go alone.

Best of luck in your recovery,

CTS

Also, welcome to the forum.

EDIT - so it happened in 2008.

I guess another question would be this: why come onto the forum five years later? Was it because you challenged yourself to go back to being an atheist and couldn't "do it"? Well that also could do with cognitive rewiring. Don't forget about outside influences. The mind is very fragile when recovering from psychosis. It's very impressionable like that of a child and will cling very quick.

My guess is with the experience your agenda here isn't to reclaim atheism, but tell a story of your reconversion and while you're at it try to score points with your personal confirmation bias. It happens. It won't go far, but hey - we don't cater solely to atheists here. Keep in mind if you don't play nice here that you also shouldn't expect niceties in return.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post