Atheist to Believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 09:47 PM
RE: Atheist to Believer
(12-01-2014 09:39 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 02:04 PM)RRex Wrote:  I did not say god broke my mind. It happened. It was a negative reaction to a medication. "God" had nothing to do with it.

I labeled nothing a miracle.

Don't worry Rrex, there is a purpose behind what happened to you. Already you noticed a change and are seeking answers. That is step one to finding the TRUTH..

Good luck getting a solid conversation out of Rrex - he's bolted.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 10:01 PM
(12-01-2014 09:47 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 09:39 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Don't worry Rrex, there is a purpose behind what happened to you. Already you noticed a change and are seeking answers. That is step one to finding the TRUTH..

Good luck getting a solid conversation out of Rrex - he's bolted.
That is ok as I listen to everyone.. I had an experience of the sort back in 1994 and still have trouble explaining it. But nothing compared to the one I had in 2007, that is the one that woke me up.. Been researching ever since..
12-01-2014, 10:28 PM
(12-01-2014 09:34 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 01:21 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  The options beyond organized religion look just as vapid.

Errors ? You should elaborate. If you are speaking of so called "contradictions" then your stance not on solid ground.

[Image: orly-thumb.jpg]

Quote: I noticed that you quoted someone else's opinion..

Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-01-2014, 10:47 PM
(12-01-2014 10:01 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 09:47 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Good luck getting a solid conversation out of Rrex - he's bolted.
That is ok as I listen to everyone.. I had an experience of the sort back in 1994 and still have trouble explaining it. But nothing compared to the one I had in 2007, that is the one that woke me up.. Been researching ever since..

OH, goodie....the next wave of trolls has hit the gates... Hobo

...and I was just enjoying the nice little spate of quietude...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-01-2014, 11:06 PM
(12-01-2014 10:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:01 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  That is ok as I listen to everyone.. I had an experience of the sort back in 1994 and still have trouble explaining it. But nothing compared to the one I had in 2007, that is the one that woke me up.. Been researching ever since..

OH, goodie....the next wave of trolls has hit the gates... Hobo

...and I was just enjoying the nice little spate of quietude...

Interesting how people revert to "name calling" when they don't agree with another.. just goes to show what kind of society we live in. If it make you feel better, feel free to continue with the name calling.. just goes to make my point
13-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Someone has a psychotic 'break" and becomes convinced there's a "Supreme Being?"

Well, shit, that tears it! MUST be true!! Sign me up!!!

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
13-01-2014, 02:24 AM
(12-01-2014 11:06 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Interesting how people revert to "name calling" when they don't agree with another.. just goes to show what kind of society we live in. If it make you feel better, feel free to continue with the name calling.. just goes to make my point

The "A" team don't get involved with the conversation until the new members have stuck around long enough to say something interesting.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
13-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Too bad I'm a nice person, because I could start a religion and make millions--the gullibility kills me.

And makes me sad.
13-01-2014, 09:51 AM
(12-01-2014 12:31 PM)RRex Wrote:  In 2008 I suffered a psychotic break. I saw, heard, and smelled a number of things as a result. This altered perception of the world resulted in my switch from rabid atheism to a belief in some sort of intelligent design. Some of my experiences could only have been engineered by a superior, all-powerful entity, particularly the voice in my head.

While I now suffer residual negative effects from this experience I still believe our lives are directed by something much bigger than ourselves and that everyone would benefit from a week of living in the psychotic state. I imagine it may be likened to alternate realities experienced through illegal drugs, although I, in no way, advocate their use.

That being said, I encourage those who don't believe to look past the rigid dogma of organized religion to see the bigger picture. This experience we're having isn't random. Proof of a creator is all around us. Look at the design of your hand. This in itself is proof that we are subjects of a consummate engineer.

I did, and suffered no such delusion. EVERYTHING you "experience" is completely in your brain, and explained by Neuro-science. The "design" of my hand is 100% secondary to Evolution. You are the victim of "confirmation bias". The "voice in your head" is COMPLETELY *in* your head. Go learn some Neuro-science.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-01-2014, 09:59 AM
(12-01-2014 12:31 PM)RRex Wrote:  In 2008 I suffered a psychotic break. I saw, heard, and smelled a number of things as a result. This altered perception of the world resulted in my switch from rabid atheism to a belief in some sort of intelligent design. Some of my experiences could only have been engineered by a superior, all-powerful entity, particularly the voice in my head.

While I now suffer residual negative effects from this experience I still believe our lives are directed by something much bigger than ourselves and that everyone would benefit from a week of living in the psychotic state. I imagine it may be likened to alternate realities experienced through illegal drugs, although I, in no way, advocate their use.

That being said, I encourage those who don't believe to look past the rigid dogma of organized religion to see the bigger picture. This experience we're having isn't random. Proof of a creator is all around us. Look at the design of your hand. This in itself is proof that we are subjects of a consummate engineer.

The funny thing is, the hand is pretty damn inefficient; certainly not the work of a 'consummate engineer'.

(12-01-2014 02:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Abilify or Seroquil. I recommend those. Both if necessary (as I suspect they are)

Also throw some Hydroxyzine Pamoate in there. Helps get it moving.

Hey, Morgan, how's about we just throw in some Hydrogen Peroxide in there too.
That should make his troubles go away pretty damn quick if ingested at the right dosage.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.