Atheist vs. Christian ''fund raiser''

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Atheist vs. Christian ''fund raiser''
(17-09-2014 06:20 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:18 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  True, in some cases, I'm always a bit skeptical. But, if you look at the people going up the escalators, and just looking back, etc...their expressions looked genuine. I mean, to me anyway. Unsure

I actually posted before I got to the reactions part. They did seem real, but ya know.

are you an atheist? just curious. welcome to the site, btw.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 06:39 AM
(17-09-2014 06:13 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Good video though, some people can be such fucking cunts.

I really hope that people like you get the chance to live up to your hatred and outrage one day, you probably already have gotten the chance and just passed it by because it's easier to call imperfect people cunts online than in person. Dodgy

You're mistaking talking about people to other people and talking directly too people.

If I was talking to my friends about these people I would say the exact same thing.
And just for your information I would gladly call those people cunts to their faces.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-09-2014, 06:42 AM
I enjoyed the video - I'd be interested to see what would happen if this experiment had been held in Alabama though...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
18-09-2014, 07:49 AM
(18-09-2014 06:42 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I enjoyed the video - I'd be interested to see what would happen if this experiment had been held in Alabama though...

I think they still lynch atheists there.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Probably...

It just strikes me that this was done in LA as I understand it and if it were to happen in the bible belt, I guess their results would be different...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
18-09-2014, 08:21 AM
I liked the video, but I am very skeptical on whether or not it was staged, especially because of the existence of a handheld camera. Not that hidden cameras mean a legitimate video, but at least it means people know they are not being filmed. I tend to not trust people who know they are being filmed.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
18-09-2014, 09:28 AM
(17-09-2014 05:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Very interesting video I ran across today...if you have a few minutes, it's worth watching. Amazing how atheists are discriminated against and looked down upon by so many.

Interesting.
Having watched quite a few videos by Jaclyn Glenn, I would think that this one is on the up and up an not staged. Definitely edited to convey the mood of the people she was experiencing but I doubt it's fabricated or staged.

If it was done in a southern city, there most likely would have been a few people shaking their heads saying "well bless their hearts" which is slang for "you're an idiot, I want nothing to do with you". There would have been people arguing, people offering to pray for them, people trying to convince them they are wrong, etc.....and not one mention of the children's hospital.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
18-09-2014, 10:07 AM
(17-09-2014 06:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:20 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  I actually posted before I got to the reactions part. They did seem real, but ya know.

are you an atheist? just curious. welcome to the site, btw.

Not telling Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Li_Holodomer's post
18-09-2014, 05:18 PM
(18-09-2014 06:42 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I enjoyed the video - I'd be interested to see what would happen if this experiment had been held in Alabama though...

yea, that would have been interesting.
(18-09-2014 07:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I think they still lynch atheists there.

Drinking Beverage
Gasp

(18-09-2014 08:21 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Probably...

It just strikes me that this was done in LA as I understand it and if it were to happen in the bible belt, I guess their results would be different...
they probably would have been, and then we'd get to see 'real christians' in action. Yes

(18-09-2014 08:21 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I liked the video, but I am very skeptical on whether or not it was staged, especially because of the existence of a handheld camera. Not that hidden cameras mean a legitimate video, but at least it means people know they are not being filmed. I tend to not trust people who know they are being filmed.
i was skeptical at first, but...if you see some of the passerbys...the ones on the escalator looking back and such, doesn't look contrived. but i hear you.

(18-09-2014 10:07 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  are you an atheist? just curious. welcome to the site, btw.

Not telling Big Grin

Consider Big Grin hmmm................................

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
18-09-2014, 05:44 PM
This video really wanted to make me cry. Well, It made me feel really bad anyway. I am too emotionally dead right now...I mean tired from work. To cry...no energy.

Why does the world care more about Jesus being on someones billboard then helping the actual sick children?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ