Atheist vs. Christian ''fund raiser''

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Atheist vs. Christian ''fund raiser''
(19-09-2014 07:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Besides, it is not a formal, rigorous, controlled study; it is not presented as 'proof'.

Thank you, that's exactly my point. I think she's great and I enjoy her viewpoints and funny videos, but this effort just didn't mean anything, so why do it? If you can poke holes in its legitimacy then it can't be held up as legitimate. I don't doubt for a second they were honest in their findings, because I have listened to her enough to know her integrity, but the video shouldn't be getting the support it has on the atheism Facebook pages. To me, the reaction it's getting is no different than when Christians lap up a Ray Comfort video, preaching to the choir. We are all supposed to be for scrutiny because we are all for science, yes?

But I am not poking fun at its legitimacy. It is evidence of attitudes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Sure, but again, editing could play a huge role in the "evidence." We could go round and round about it and that's counterproductive. I just felt like Christians could rip it apart so I felt it wasn't as productive as it could have been or as so many atheists felt it was.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Pisses me off the way they were treated... but raised TWICE AS MUCH! IN YOUR FACE ASSHOLES!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
19-09-2014, 11:26 PM
(19-09-2014 09:33 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Pisses me off the way they were treated... but raised TWICE AS MUCH! IN YOUR FACE ASSHOLES!

that was pretty much my take. Yes I didn't read into it too much, it wasn't meant to be more than what was portrayed.

To those who thought it was a 'spoof?' What do you mean...a spoof? Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user