Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-12-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(14-12-2014 05:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year. As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that, and I may want to call you demon-possessed, but that doesn't make it so. What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist. The Church made me a Veridican. God uses the Church, and always has, but Christianity isn't the way. The life and teachings of Jesus are the way. And Christianity has very little to do with that. No

Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy

Wait a minute, wasn't there astrology, too?

So you are saying: "More Jesus, less religion"?

No, it just means he's stopped taking his meds and is in the middle of a manic period.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 05:37 PM
(14-12-2014 04:23 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 04:15 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You can't know how every atheist arrived at their own conclusion.

Yeah, like what's he talking about?

I became an atheist because of the excellent atheist food and atheist clothing.

Drinking Beverage

I like atheist shoes. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-12-2014, 05:39 PM
(14-12-2014 03:30 PM)tear151 Wrote:  For the sake of all involved I feel you should know this is being documented on his own forum.

http://veridican.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=71

For all three of them to read.
(Is he still into astrology like he was the last time he flip-flopped ?)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-12-2014, 05:48 PM
(14-12-2014 04:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Come on you guys, aren't you paying attention? Gordon has been personally "visited" by Jesus. Sheesh.

Something to do with a comely black girl named Shekhinah who likes to sit on laps, a TransAm and one massive thigh. ... wait, I might be thinking of someone else. ... so confused. Hobo

[Image: F1large.png]

#sigh
14-12-2014, 05:55 PM
(14-12-2014 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I like atheist shoes. Yes

No soles?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
14-12-2014, 06:04 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year.
Wow 20 years you must have have a massive following. How many members are there now?
Still 2?

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians
...Sooo... you are a christian since you are a follower of Jesus...That is the definition of a christian you know.

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that,
Well you are a christian as you are a follower of christ. You ain't that unique you know.

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  but that doesn't make it so.
In your case it does...follower of Jesus and all that...

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy
Not a christian yet you use the christian guide book....interesting...

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
14-12-2014, 06:11 PM
That's funny, because I recall the Bible outlawing astrology and such "magic." Guess it depends on how you want it to be.

Oh, wait...
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Well actually.... Unsure I have my own religion too, wanna join?

As I strive to understand how people can believe in astonishing things with little credible evidence, I have come up with a scenario...I call it the church of the purple unicorn...bare with me..

Lets say i approach you, we have been friends/co-workers for a long while, and I am visibly excited. I tell you how I was invited to a meeting, a group called CPU, and they showed me some exciting things, and I wanted to invite you to the next meeting. (no it isnt AMWAY ) So I convince you to come, and you meet a nice group of uber friendly people who give you hearty handshakes and beaming smiles. Once all the pleasantries die down, and some food has been demolished, they start telling you about how an archaeologist had discovered an ancient text in a cave, and it described a purple unicorn that flew across the sky, and farted rainbow sprinkles, bestowing wishes for all those who truly believed. he did this until the non believers found him, and killed him, but as the believers stood weeping around his body, it started to glow, and *gasp* rise into the air, and with a whinny and a toss of his tail, he rose into the sky and as he disappeared he said, I will return, and bring you to paradise. These 12 believers were astonished and told everyone the story, they gained followers here and there....people are always drawn to smiles and excitement, and will pretty much believe anything, or pretend to, so they can be part of the group.

Now years later, this secret group has decided to spread the good word to the world, and you can get in on the ground floor! With much fanfare and drama, they whip aside a vibrant purple silk curtain and show you a golden telescope, they reverently beckon you to look into it..."look, and you can see him for yourself"...you look incredulously into it, but alas, dont see anything but the sky. You tell them you dont see anything, they give each other knowing looks and say "ahhh he only shows himself to those who truly believe, think hard about your belief, suspend your doubt, look again" then you get a gathering of folk behind you, slapping you on the back and nodding their heads....you look through the glass again...and even though you dont see anything, you start to think, there must be something to this...maybe I am just not ready yet....but you turn and gasp aloud "oh my unicorn! I see him, and he is glorious!". they all circle you and much merriment happens. They give you a copy of the BOOK OF UNICORN to cherish and study. Be strong, the non believers will question your faith, they are the enemy, and strive to steer you off the course of true enlightenment.

--------------------------------

Now this was totally pulled out of my ( i ) obviously, but there is a valid point I think. Is this how people get sucked into these belief systems? psychologically I mean.. I understand the desire for fellowship, to belong to a group, to be part of something bigger than you....your thoughts? Why do people profess to believe such astonishing things.....with zero proof besides a book and some philosophy of those who were also members of the group? I have always wondered this, I have never felt the need to be in a group, a huge need for belief in something in order to be able to face our basic human fear of death..and the unknown...death will come, and then I will be in final rest as my body rots and my consciousness fails with my last breath...I dont need to clutch a belief of golden roads and condos on the beach in paradise, or 72 virgins if I die as a martyr for Muhammad, or any other reward for believing something that seems so astonishingly hard to believe. The fact that the book is loosely tied to actual historical timelines is just an attempt to make it sound believable.

[Image: 6fmkn4.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
14-12-2014, 06:18 PM
(14-12-2014 06:11 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That's funny, because I recall the Bible outlawing astrology and such "magic." Guess it depends on how you want it to be.

Oh, wait...

Ah but you see silly atheist scum, The bible is a christian book and therefore completely wrong. Veridickism has the answers in the veridican gospel. It was created after careful reading of the bible, deciding it was wrong and re writing it in essentially the same way so it was correct by putting a word with the letter "V" in it in front of the word "gospel". (Because the letter v is cool.) This new one is totally not christian in anyway despite being about Jesus and so it is totally cool with magic and shit. Free psychic reading anyone?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
14-12-2014, 06:25 PM
(14-12-2014 06:18 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Ah but you see silly atheist scum, The bible is a christian book and therefore completely wrong. Veridickism has the answers in the veridican gospel.... (setting my stupid atheist brain right)...

I was so wrong. I guess I'll go jump off a cliff.

Weeping