Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
15-12-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(15-12-2014 12:43 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ... God says, "You choose. Make it whatever you want. I'll stand behind you. Just write the damn thing and stick to it!"

Funny dude, god. Always picks as spokesmen the most deranged minds he can find, the people least likely to so much as attract an audience, let alone persuade an audience. People without a molecule of credibility. These are who he appoints to convey the most important message he wants mankind to heed. "... damn thing ..." indeed; condemned in advance by the very god that demands it.

Well, you'll be a dutiful pious drudge and write your tract and it'll be indistinguishable from the millions of tracts that preceded it, and the millions that will follow, unremarkable and inane, unread and forgotten. You'll die having achieved no purpose, no meaning except a few moments of light amusement for a few.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
15-12-2014, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 02:47 AM by Gordon.)
I'm going to answer you as if atheism were true.

(15-12-2014 02:04 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  My life is full and in no need of supernatural fantasies.

In other words as a biological organism you are in stasis.

Quote: I love deeply and care greatly for those around me.

That's just biochemistry speaking. You are merely stimulated to act a certain way. You have no feelings

Quote:If you don't think that is enough that is your problem not mine. You know nothing about me and yet you have the audacity to try and tell me how to live my life? Pitiful, truly pitiful.

By what standard are you judging? No God = No right or wrong and certainly no pitiful or not pitiful. You have a genetic defect that is now appealing to supernatural fantasies that you claim you don't need. Something is not working in your program.

Quote:Religious fanaticism in this world has left a wake of blood and misery for thousands of years with the promise of a heavenly paradise. What you and others like you fail to see is that this life, here, now is all there is.

Right, so it doesn't matter who is killed, who lives, or in what manner they live or die. This life is it. This life ends. We deteriorate and cease to exist. Therefore, what occurs during our lives is meaningless. It is mearly our environment. We merely seek staisis.

Quote:[your fear mongering lessens us all]

Lessens us all from what? Evolution is blind. We merely evolve, not to anything good or bad, we simply adapt better or worse to our environment. There is nothing the human race is advancing toward. We will eventually be extinct. Before that we will all blink out of consciousness and die and deteriorate. There is nothing to be made less. You are not thinking properly. You are defective and unable to fully adapt to the reality of your environment.

Quote:All you have done here is deliver a message of inadequacy through hateful words. So much for leading by example, failing miserably at living up to the very standard you profess to follow.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

Again, by what standard are you judging? You indicate it's wrong to hate. Without God there is no moral position. Hate is simply a way to acheive stasis and domination. You also seem to be appealing to a Christian ethic in order to condemn my behavior, but both your behavior and mine is blind stimulus and response. Our consciousness is merely the epiphenomenon of our neural activity which is being stimulated by internal and external environmental changes.

Hell, I'm better at atheism than you are. You ought to brush up on your act, Full Circle. [Image: sadsad.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 02:49 AM
Gordon, we have not met before but I feel that we are kindred spirits.

I have been on this forum for a year now and respect and understand the Atheist faith and this has allowed me to be tolerated. I used to practise the Golden Dawn system of Occult Magick. After an intense session of performing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram I literally see beautiful golden sparks in the air to either side of me and I believe that these are the shadows of angels making themselves apparent in our reality. I have the ability to dream lucidly and astrally project at will. This allows me to move throughout time and space largely at will although sometimes the visions are fogged if the future is in flux. My favourite tarot deck is the Cosmic tarot. It just speaks to me like no other deck. I first learnt to read the Tarot back in 1994 but I have transcended symbolism and positions. I have recognised that tarot is a means to speak to your subconscious and the rules and patterns to lay down the cards are guides to get you started. I now perform free-style tarot reading, interpreting them for each situation. I can also perform rudimentary dowsing with a crystal on a string but I am not as fluid as I would like. I also dabble in the runes, tapping into my Germanic heritage but this is also not as strong for me.

My grandmother used to be a spiritualist and a faith healer. She would lay hands on the sick and heal them. There are many eye witness accounts of her healing people. She was very powerful and could summon up many positive energies at will to imbue the ambience of a room. Most of the time she would perform spirit writing. She died in December 1992. She always said that 72 was a good age to make and that's the age at which she died. I can see how living through the war she would have been happy knowing that she would make 72 but for us she died too soon. Our family have kept many boxes of lined A4 paper on which she wrote in long hand. I have started scanning the documents but it is a long time consuming process that will take me many years. I am still trying to find optical character recognition software that will accurately recognise her hand writing.

The point of all this though is that you are wrong. She wrote that the flood of inspiration hitting the Earth would end by the last Millenium with only a few particles left in the New Age of Aquarius. This would lead to many false prophets who would receive part of the divine inspiration but not fully understand the larger picture. She was clearly talking about people like you. If you read her divinely inspired writings as I have you would see the truth in it. Many Atheist have been convinced after reading her documents but we have to be careful with them because the paper is fragile which is why we are in a process of scanning them.

I myself am torn. I am next in line to be the High Preistess and I want to shirk my divine responsibility. I want my own career in science and technology and I use my knowledge to convince myself more than anything, but secretly I recognise that these are false religions. This can make me very angry at life and with God. I try to convince myself that God does not exist and in a way it does not. If God is everything then God is no one particular thing, therefore God is nothing. But my grandmother's teachings explain how our feeble human minds cannot comprehend the true nature of the Universe because our perceptions are rooted to a small grain of sand on a turbulent weather beaten beach. How can we contemplate God as being a small part of the grain of sand when God is the beach?

We don't have a name for my grandmother's teachings. We just refer to it as The Truth. Some converts have called it Veritas but I personally consider that to be ostentatious and pretentious. I feel that you have sensed the truth and are grasping around trying to find a form form for it but you came too late to receive the full divine inspiration. You should discard Verdicanism and join us. It will all make sense once you do. We are the Keepers of the Full Truth.

Join us.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
15-12-2014, 02:55 AM
(15-12-2014 02:15 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 12:43 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ... God says, "You choose. Make it whatever you want. I'll stand behind you. Just write the damn thing and stick to it!"

Funny dude, god. Always picks as spokesmen the most deranged minds he can find, the people least likely to so much as attract an audience, let alone persuade an audience. People without a molecule of credibility. These are who he appoints to convey the most important message he wants mankind to heed. "... damn thing ..." indeed; condemned in advance by the very god that demands it.

Well, you'll be a dutiful pious drudge and write your tract and it'll be indistinguishable from the millions of tracts that preceded it, and the millions that will follow, unremarkable and inane, unread and forgotten. You'll die having achieved no purpose, no meaning except a few moments of light amusement for a few.

But if it weren't for ineffectual low-lifes like me, who would come and talk to you? William Lane Craig sure isn't going to come and talk to you. Even your gods: Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins wouldn't give you the time of day. Just me. Christians come in here, but they are defeated and sent away whining almost immediately. But I'm a brick wall, sent by God, because, apparently, He's still chasing after you. Bechased
15-12-2014, 03:14 AM
(15-12-2014 02:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Gordon, we have not met before but I feel that we are kindred spirits.

I have been on this forum for a year now and respect and understand the Atheist faith and this has allowed me to be tolerated. I used to practise the Golden Dawn system of Occult Magick.

Interesting. That's where the Rider-Waite tarot deck originated. Yes

Quote:After an intense session of performing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram I literally see beautiful golden sparks in the air to either side of me and I believe that these are the shadows of angels making themselves apparent in our reality.

That sounds very beautiful.

Quote: I have the ability to dream lucidly and astrally project at will. This allows me to move throughout time and space largely at will although sometimes the visions are fogged if the future is in flux.

Kudos. That's a great talent.

Quote:My favourite tarot deck is the Cosmic tarot. It just speaks to me like no other deck. I first learnt to read the Tarot back in 1994 but I have transcended symbolism and positions. I have recognised that tarot is a means to speak to your subconscious and the rules and patterns to lay down the cards are guides to get you started.

I certainly believe tarot is a very good tool for that. I personally use it as a prophetic device. While I am shuffling the deck, I pray that God will give me the cards for the querent's question at hand, and I believe He does.

Quote:I now perform free-style tarot reading, interpreting them for each situation. I can also perform rudimentary dowsing with a crystal on a string but I am not as fluid as I would like. I also dabble in the runes, tapping into my Germanic heritage but this is also not as strong for me.

My grandmother used to be a spiritualist and a faith healer. She would lay hands on the sick and heal them. There are many eye witness accounts of her healing people. She was very powerful and could summon up many positive energies at will to imbue the ambience of a room. Most of the time she would perform spirit writing. She died in December 1992. She always said that 72 was a good age to make and that's the age at which she died. I can see how living through the war she would have been happy knowing that she would make 72 but for us she died too soon. Our family have kept many boxes of lined A4 paper on which she wrote in long hand. I have started scanning the documents but it is a long time consuming process that will take me many years. I am still trying to find optical character recognition software that will accurately recognise her hand writing.

The point of all this though is that you are wrong.

I must be psychic, because I just knew that last line was coming. So much for "kindred spirits" And yet, you probably still expect me to keep reading what you wrote. Drinking Beverage

Quote:She wrote that the flood of inspiration hitting the Earth would end by the last Millenium with only a few particles left in the New Age of Aquarius. This would lead to many false prophets who would receive part of the divine inspiration but not fully understand the larger picture. She was clearly talking about people like you. If you read her divinely inspired writings as I have you would see the truth in it. Many Atheist have been convinced after reading her documents but we have to be careful with them because the paper is fragile which is why we are in a process of scanning them.

Popcorn

Quote:I myself am torn. I am next in line to be the High Preistess and I want to shirk my divine responsibility. I want my own career in science and technology and I use my knowledge to convince myself more than anything, but secretly I recognise that these are false religions. This can make me very angry at life and with God. I try to convince myself that God does not exist and in a way it does not. If God is everything then God is no one particular thing, therefore God is nothing. But my grandmother's teachings explain how our feeble human minds cannot comprehend the true nature of the Universe because our perceptions are rooted to a small grain of sand on a turbulent weather beaten beach. How can we contemplate God as being a small part of the grain of sand when God is the beach?

We don't have a name for my grandmother's teachings. We just refer to it as The Truth. Some converts have called it Veritas but I personally consider that to be ostentatious and pretentious. I feel that you have sensed the truth and are grasping around trying to find a form form for it but you came too late to receive the full divine inspiration. You should discard Verdicanism and join us. It will all make sense once you do. We are the Keepers of the Full Truth.

Join us.

Well, if I'm a false prophet, or if God has abandon me to unalterable ignorance, then my fate is sealed. I hope you publish your Grandmother's writings someday; I think her work would make for fascinating reading. Yes
15-12-2014, 03:28 AM
I like the Rider-Waite deck, it was my first ever deck. I bought loads more, mainly for the artwork but the only one that really spoke to me was the Cosmic deck.

Well maybe wrong is too harsh a word but you must admit that you are still following a leader who ushered in the previous astrological age no? You say yourself that Veridican is still slowly evolving. This is consistent with my grandmother's spirit writing which foretold that the divine inspiration would be drying up as the new age came in. Ask yourself this, doesn't it feel like we have reached peak-everything in the mass unconscious? Music is just a rehash of what came before, the same stories are being told, the same philosophies are being created. There isn't really anything new.
15-12-2014, 03:38 AM
Hi there Pumpkin, I think this "drive" you have to get your new religion out there and followed is nothing more than a tax dodge.
Do you have L.Ron envy?
15-12-2014, 03:40 AM
(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm going to answer you as if atheism were true.

I've often heard this "if Atheism is true" and honestly I find the wording a bit weird. Atheism is the position on a single claim, "God exists", to which we answer "no" (I'm being synthetic here to avoid making the post too long). Can we prove it? No, and we don't have to. The burden of proof is not on us.

(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  That's just biochemistry speaking. You are merely stimulated to act a certain way. You have no feelings

We all are biological organisms, you included. Until you can prove that a soul exists, what reason is there to believe there is one?

(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  By what standard are you judging? No God = No right or wrong and certainly no pitiful or not pitiful. You have a genetic defect that is now appealing to supernatural fantasies that you claim you don't need. Something is not working in your program.

God is not needed for morality. I can still act moral without having a God telling me what to do. Education is needed for being a productive member of society, also empathy and common sense.

(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Right, so it doesn't matter who is killed, who lives, or in what manner they live or die. This life is it. This life ends. We deteriorate and cease to exist. Therefore, what occurs during our lives is meaningless. It is mearly our environment. We merely seek staisis.

I don't know how you reached that conclusion in your first line but that is not an obvious consequence of what FC said. Precisely because we might have only this life, it does matter who is killed or in what manner they die. You cannot come back from death, that's why we consider murder to be such a reprehensible act. We don't like it, we don't like dying, no-one does.

(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Lessens us all from what? Evolution is blind. We merely evolve, not to anything good or bad, we simply adapt better or worse to our environment. There is nothing the human race is advancing toward. We will eventually be extinct. Before that we will all blink out of consciousness and die and deteriorate. There is nothing to be made less. You are not thinking properly. You are defective and unable to fully adapt to the reality of your environment.

"Merely"... So you don't find it awesomely fascinating that we evolved so much to be able to create technology, the same technology you're using right now? All a lion does is eat, sleep, have sex, some fighting, and that's pretty much it.

We do much more than that, we make movies, poetry, novels, medicines, surgeons, food, clothes, heating systems, cars, etc, and you call that "merely evolve"?

True, nothing is inherently good or bad in evolution however, we evolved our brain, I'd say that is good for us, isn't it?

(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Again, by what standard are you judging? You indicate it's wrong to hate. Without God there is no moral position. Hate is simply a way to acheive stasis and domination. You also seem to be appealing to a Christian ethic in order to condemn my behavior, but both your behavior and mine is blind stimulus and response. Our consciousness is merely the epiphenomenon of our neural activity which is being stimulated by internal and external environmental changes.

Again, we don't need God to act morally. Of course we can "judge" actions. If your behavior is dangerous to society, then we can see that that behavior is "wrong", because it doesn't bring anything positive, at best, and at worst it actively disrupts other people's lives and so on.

Examples: A bank is being robbed.

I think that's wrong. Those robbing there are stealing money that other people worked hard for and they are putting the lives of those that work there in danger. Those are certainly things I don't want to happen.

Are they making us progress? No. Are they productive actions? No. Are they disruptive or dangerous to society and its members? Yes. That's why I consider them to be wrong.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
15-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Kirk, is that you? Your movie fails dismally, so you come on atheist pages now and try another fruitless tactic?

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
15-12-2014, 03:45 AM
(15-12-2014 03:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I like the Rider-Waite deck, it was my first ever deck. I bought loads more, mainly for the artwork but the only one that really spoke to me was the Cosmic deck.

Well maybe wrong is too harsh a word but you must admit that you are still following a leader who ushered in the previous astrological age no? You say yourself that Veridican is still slowly evolving. This is consistent with my grandmother's spirit writing which foretold that the divine inspiration would be drying up as the new age came in. Ask yourself this, doesn't it feel like we have reached peak-everything in the mass unconscious? Music is just a rehash of what came before, the same stories are being told, the same philosophies are being created. There isn't really anything new.

Jesus Christ has been locked up in the Christian religion for 2000 years. I don't know why God did that. I know that we were told it in the Gospel when Jesus said on the cross, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me." In other words, God changed His mind at that point. What Christ was going to do in the world was never done. And I think we can see that if we look at history from the First Century until now.

Veridicanism will liberate Jesus Christ. This is the Second Coming. When you come to see what I have seen, you will be amazed at the power, glory, freedom, and life that Jesus Christ can give to those who put their faith in him.

It's all for a reason: the Church is declinging for a reason. The internet was born for this reason. The publishing industry has been open to all for this reason.

Within a couple of years, the systematic theology of Veridicanism will be published. Early next year, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ will be re-published, and then I will start evangelizing. For now, I combat atheism.