Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
15-12-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
Ugh! Fecal vomiting! That's something that I wish I hadn't learned about!

Gotta read more about it ...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
15-12-2014, 04:55 AM
(15-12-2014 04:54 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Ugh! Fecal vomiting! That's something that I wish I hadn't learned about!

Gotta read more about it ...

I'm sure WebMD has an article or two on it. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-12-2014, 05:09 AM
(15-12-2014 04:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  On the contrary, to defecate is quite human.

To defecate is human, to projectile vomit divine...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
15-12-2014, 05:20 AM
(15-12-2014 04:39 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 04:12 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You do not get to redefine morality as you want. That's not morality. Morality is about distinguishing what is right and wrong. And I just gave you an example of how you can reach that conclusion without a God.

You did no such thing.

You should read the part you quoted again then.

(15-12-2014 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, just when we all thought we had seen the bar lowered as far as it can go...

[Image: kirk-camerons-saving-christmas.png]

Egor walks in and trips over it...

Is that an actual movie?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
15-12-2014, 05:20 AM
(15-12-2014 05:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 04:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  On the contrary, to defecate is quite human.

To defecate is human, to projectile vomit divine...

[Image: 8sxTW4.gif]

On January 8, 1992, George H. W. Bush was attending a state event for 135 diplomats held at the home of the Japanese Prime Minister, near the end of the President's 12-day trade-oriented trip through Asia. Earlier that day Bush had played a doubles tennis match in which the Emperor of Japan Akihito and his son the Crown Prince Naruhito beat Bush and his partner, a former U.S. ambassador to Japan. Bush had always been "a pretty competitive guy and almost killed himself trying to cover for his lousy doubles partner" on the court.

Bush later made comments to the press that he had a 24 hour flu bug.

In Japan, even several years later, Bush was best remembered for this event. According to the Encyclopedia of political communication, "The incident caused a wave of late night television jokes and ridicule in the international community, even coining Bushu-suru which literally means 'to do the Bush thing'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W...g_incident

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-12-2014, 05:26 AM
(15-12-2014 05:20 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, just when we all thought we had seen the bar lowered as far as it can go...

[Image: kirk-camerons-saving-christmas.png]

Egor walks in and trips over it...

Is that an actual movie?

Oh sweet-baby-jeebus I am not making that one up. It holds the distinction for being the lowest rated movie on IMDB in it's history. It currently hold a 1.5 stars (lowest possible is 1 star), but it was at 1.3 earlier. It also has a 0% freshness score on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kirk_cam...christmas/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4009460/

Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas Voted Worst Movie Ever at IMDB - TIME.com

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-12-2014, 06:32 AM
(15-12-2014 03:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Morality must have a base of authority.

If atheism is true, the only possible moral system is that "might makes right."

Right, we don't see that in the real world, do we?

[Image: crusades.jpg]

Fortunately us primates figured out that theocracies were not all that great.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-12-2014, 06:42 AM
(15-12-2014 03:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Morality must have a base of authority.

If atheism is true, the only possible moral system is that "might makes right."

Morality is the attempt to answer the is-ought question. For a particular situation (is) what should the proper reaction be (ought). As Hume pointed out, there is no rational way to get from any particular 'is' to any particular 'ought'. However more recent thought has considered that the problem can be resolved by adding a second 'is'. This secondary 'is' involves a statement of goals or direction which, along with the primary situational is, can lead to a logical 'ought'.

Adding god into the mix doesn't change this, it merely provides the secondary 'is' for the religious to cling to in order to achieve their 'ought'. In specific, while the first 'is' will be something like "this person is stealing", the 'ought' of "they are bad and shouldn't be allowed to do that" comes not innately but by the secondary 'is' of wanting to please god (who has said stealing is bad). Why the person wants to please god (gaining heaven, avoiding hell, just because they love god) is entirely irrelevant to the point. That second 'is' (pleasing god) is entirely subjective. As a result, religious morality is subjective to the person wanting to do what they think their god tells them to do.

For secular people, there is no god to please, and thus that particular secondary 'is' does not exist. Instead it has to be replaced by some other 'is'. Humanists replace an untouchable, invisible, inaudible god with a set of principles based on the idea that human health and happiness are the goals of the moral system, and that society should thus be constructed through the veil of ignorance.

For those not familiar with the concept, the veil of ignorance is a thought experiment. Suppose that, before you are born, you have complete authority over the rules of the world. After you are done setting these rules, you will be born into the world. Before you are born, however, you cannot know anything about yourself. Location, gender, hair color, sexuality, physical conditions, mental conditions, social circumstances, family circumstances, nothing. Given such a situation, what should the rules be, keeping in mind that health and happiness are the twin goals? Such a system is subjective (as all moral systems are) but leads to a coherent and useful result.
15-12-2014, 06:48 AM
(14-12-2014 12:26 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Before my next temper tantrum? What do you call this? And I know atheists and atheism inside and out. In fact, I doubt there is any theistic apologist who knows them like I do.

That's a low bar to pass. Apologists are more interested in talking at us rather than talking to us. Case in point: you.

Quote:It's like addicts. They all start with different personalities, but end up, eventually with the same one. It's a type of demon possession really. Atheism becomes possession eventually as well.

That's because you overly focused on the one trait we have in common, not buying your bullshit. You could care less about who we are individually.

Quote:That would serve no one. Not you, not me, not God.

Of course not, sane people aren't as entertaining.

Quote:Like my mentor, I haven’t come to bring peace but rather a sword. Run now while you can. Just close this whole forum down, go home and repent. Do you still consider yourself a Christian KC?

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to you, too.

It's funny, most Christians are very uncomfortable with that line from Jesus. It's all same in the end though, the cherries picked derive from the same bush as the ones discarded.

Quote:No you couldn’t . They wouldn’t let you stay in the group. Christians can’t stand up to scrutiny. That’s what you atheists rely on. That’s why most of you are anti-religionists and not really atheists. You see the bullshit of the Church, and you rebel against it, but then you walk out into nothingness. You don’t realize they stole Christ from you; and you don’t realize that by walking away into pseudo-atheism you sealed the deal for them. They put you up on the roof of a building, screamed at you to jump --and then you did it.

Nah dude, it's the pushy people like you that keep us far away. Nobody enjoys forced feeding sessions.

Quote:Of course. I’ve watched this derangement for 20 years. The longer one is an atheist, eventually, bit by bit, they lose their humanity. It’s a demonic effect. It’s a spiritual and mental disease.

I wouldn't blame you for thinking that if the only perspective you can receive is in that box you've been hiding under with narrow peepholes forcing you to view things from the same angle each time.

Quote:Now, that’s assuming one is an actual atheist and not just an anti-religionist. That’s assuming they really have stopped believing in God and don’t just front like they have, all the while yelling at God when they’re alone in their car, driving down the freeway.

You're adorable, struggling to understand how people can move beyond invisible friends. It's like listening to a child's interpretation of how babies are made.

Quote:Bullshit. God gives us a purpose here on earth. I’ll be dead soon enough. Until then, I’ll do what he created me for. As an atheist, I’m surprised you don’t go put your sperm in a freezer and take a handful of pills. What the hell else is there to do? Right? Life has no purpose. It has no meaning, not if God isn’t there. You just go from one painful tragedy to the next. You just keep waiting for the next shoe to drop, and it always does, doesn’t it? Now, personally, I’d rather you put the pill bottle down and face the truth: Just because you don’t want God to exist doesn’t stop the fact that He does.

Awwww you're just as cute as ever. I just want to pinch your cheek. *pinches cheek*

I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did I would say you were a projector in your past life. You a fan of power point presentations? Big Grin

So how long are you booking your visit with us this time around?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
15-12-2014, 06:57 AM
(15-12-2014 03:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  If atheism is true, the only possible moral system is that "might makes right."

While that's certainly an option for atheists, I have yet to meet one that uses that as the basis for their morality. Reason can be a wonderful thing. You should try it sometime.

Quote:If God exists, then if God tells us something is wrong, it is wrong, because He's the author of everything, including what is right and wrong.

You really don't see the irony of saying that atheists rely on "might makes right" and then immediately go on to explain that it is the basis for morality in your view do you?

"Might makes right" is the bottom line of most theistic moral definitions. It's dressed up in different language but that's what it often boils down to.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post