Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
15-12-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(15-12-2014 02:42 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm going to answer you as if atheism were true.

(15-12-2014 02:04 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  My life is full and in no need of supernatural fantasies.

In other words as a biological organism you are in stasis.

Quote: I love deeply and care greatly for those around me.

That's just biochemistry speaking. You are merely stimulated to act a certain way. You have no feelings

Quote:If you don't think that is enough that is your problem not mine. You know nothing about me and yet you have the audacity to try and tell me how to live my life? Pitiful, truly pitiful.

This is what I get for arguing with a guy who hears voices in his head.

By what standard are you judging? No God = No right or wrong and certainly no pitiful or not pitiful. You have a genetic defect that is now appealing to supernatural fantasies that you claim you don't need. Something is not working in your program.

Quote:Religious fanaticism in this world has left a wake of blood and misery for thousands of years with the promise of a heavenly paradise. What you and others like you fail to see is that this life, here, now is all there is.

Right, so it doesn't matter who is killed, who lives, or in what manner they live or die. This life is it. This life ends. We deteriorate and cease to exist. Therefore, what occurs during our lives is meaningless. It is mearly our environment. We merely seek staisis.

Quote:[your fear mongering lessens us all]

Lessens us all from what? Evolution is blind. We merely evolve, not to anything good or bad, we simply adapt better or worse to our environment. There is nothing the human race is advancing toward. We will eventually be extinct. Before that we will all blink out of consciousness and die and deteriorate. There is nothing to be made less. You are not thinking properly. You are defective and unable to fully adapt to the reality of your environment.

Quote:All you have done here is deliver a message of inadequacy through hateful words. So much for leading by example, failing miserably at living up to the very standard you profess to follow.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

Again, by what standard are you judging? You indicate it's wrong to hate. Without God there is no moral position. Hate is simply a way to acheive stasis and domination. You also seem to be appealing to a Christian ethic in order to condemn my behavior, but both your behavior and mine is blind stimulus and response. Our consciousness is merely the epiphenomenon of our neural activity which is being stimulated by internal and external environmental changes.

Hell, I'm better at atheism than you are. You ought to brush up on your act, Full Circle. [Image: sadsad.gif]

This is what I should expect for arguing with a guy who acknowledges he hears voices in his head.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
15-12-2014, 12:14 PM
The score thus far, in case anyone is watching, or cares, is Mathilda's gramma, 1, and the OP, 0. This could wind up being a shutout by a decedent. Stay tuned.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
15-12-2014, 12:23 PM
(15-12-2014 07:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The problem is Gordon, the Bible has been translated and altered so many times within its lifetime, and all by people with different agendas. And if that wasn't bad enough the First Council of Nicaea where Bishops of the time convened to edit the Bible and choose what was and was not Canon happened 325 years after the supposed date of the birth of Jesus.

A typical Muslim argument for why Islam is better than Christianity is that the Koran is unaltered and needs to be read and understood in the original language. Yet language evolves over time, which is why we now have Latin and Italian for example.

By reinterpreting the Bible you are just exacerbating the problem.

Whereas my granny wrote her divinely inspired manuscripts in English within living memory and the originals still survive so it must be nearer The Truth.

You're absolutely right. That's why I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a synthesis of the four NT Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. It doesn't matter if the NT Gospels were written 2000 years ago or 20 years ago. Once you examine them critically, you realize they are internally verifying.

And they have to be, because unlike the letters in the NT, no one knows who wrote the Gospels. They are anonymous documents. What makes them amazing is what they say, so they stand the test of time regardless. Their validity is prima facie. They do what they say they do.

But even that is irrelevant, because I am acting as a modern source of verification. I have been guided by the Holy Spirit to synthesize the Gospels into one Gospel, and therefore, each and ever verse of it is an original--again. What do that call that...I have a power of attorney, if you will, to write the Gospel message.

And I can already hear your rebuttal: "Prove it!"

The proof is in the pudding. If you read the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ and you come away feeling a connection with the risen Jesus Christ, then it has worked. If you don't, then it hasn't worked.

Or, if the theology of Veridicanism seems true to you, since I invented it, then you might also conclude I had Holy Spirit authority to synthesize the Gospels.

Trust me, I fully realize while I am alive I may be the greatest impediment to Veridicanism. Just as a dominant parent will keep a child in the background until that parent finally dies. What I can do until I die is to keep trying to show people Jesus Christ and not myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 12:32 PM
(15-12-2014 12:23 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Or, if the theology of Veridicanism seems true to you, since I invented it, then you might also conclude I had Holy Spirit authority to synthesize the Gospels.

Laugh out load

[Image: deep-end.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-12-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 12:49 PM by pablo.)
(15-12-2014 12:23 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 07:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The problem is Gordon, the Bible has been translated and altered so many times within its lifetime, and all by people with different agendas. And if that wasn't bad enough the First Council of Nicaea where Bishops of the time convened to edit the Bible and choose what was and was not Canon happened 325 years after the supposed date of the birth of Jesus.

A typical Muslim argument for why Islam is better than Christianity is that the Koran is unaltered and needs to be read and understood in the original language. Yet language evolves over time, which is why we now have Latin and Italian for example.

By reinterpreting the Bible you are just exacerbating the problem.

Whereas my granny wrote her divinely inspired manuscripts in English within living memory and the originals still survive so it must be nearer The Truth.

You're absolutely right. That's why I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a synthesis of the four NT Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. It doesn't matter if the NT Gospels were written 2000 years ago or 20 years ago. Once you examine them critically, you realize they are internally verifying.

And they have to be, because unlike the letters in the NT, no one knows who wrote the Gospels. They are anonymous documents. What makes them amazing is what they say, so they stand the test of time regardless. Their validity is prima facie. They do what they say they do.

But even that is irrelevant, because I am acting as a modern source of verification. I have been guided by the Holy Spirit to synthesize the Gospels into one Gospel, and therefore, each and ever verse of it is an original--again. What do that call that...I have a power of attorney, if you will, to write the Gospel message.

And I can already hear your rebuttal: "Prove it!"

The proof is in the pudding. If you read the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ and you come away feeling a connection with the risen Jesus Christ, then it has worked. If you don't, then it hasn't worked.

Or, if the theology of Veridicanism seems true to you, since I invented it, then you might also conclude I had Holy Spirit authority to synthesize the Gospels.

Trust me, I fully realize while I am alive I may be the greatest impediment to Veridicanism. Just as a dominant parent will keep a child in the background until that parent finally dies. What I can do until I die is to keep trying to show people Jesus Christ and not myself.

You are one seriously messed up little pumpkin.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish by spewing this vomit here?
How about you go to your own forum and discuss this fantasy with all of your followers?
Run along now little fella.
Oh yea, take this with you too.[Image: funny-anti-religious_zpsac1bc0db.png]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Hey pablo,

How 'bout you go fuck yourself and stop hangin around reading my shit. There are other posts you can bomb; you don't need to be getting all up in this one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 01:05 PM
(15-12-2014 12:58 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Hey pablo,

How 'bout you go fuck yourself and stop hangin around reading my shit. There are other posts you can bomb; you don't need to be getting all up in this one.

Aww, don't be that way pumpkin.
See, when you come to an atheist forum and start telling everyone how wrong they are, they may tend to fuck with you a bit.
Btw,you got my membership done yet? You're pretty damn slow with that shit.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
15-12-2014, 01:29 PM
The word "shit"/posts ratio seems to be slightly worrying for this thread. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
15-12-2014, 01:33 PM
(15-12-2014 12:23 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But even that is irrelevant, because I am acting as a modern source of verification. I have been guided by the Holy Spirit to synthesize the Gospels into one Gospel, and therefore, each and ever verse of it is an original--again. What do that call that...I have a power of attorney, if you will, to write the Gospel message.

May this holy spirit you speak of guide you to the nearest mental institution.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
15-12-2014, 01:53 PM
(15-12-2014 12:58 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Hey pablo,

You're going to end up just like last time. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man