Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
15-12-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(15-12-2014 05:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This guy already claimed to be Christ:

Greetings Atheists, I Am Christ

So sorry, he called shotgun for the crazy seat first!

No. I watched five or six minutes of that video, and I'm not like that. First off, I don't think I'm Jesus Christ or the reincarnation of Christ. I follow the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Second, I didn't invent a Gospel. I synthesized the four Gospels of the NT and the Gospel of Thomas into one Gospel story. I'm just a writer and editor who believes God gave him the authority to do that. I have faith that he didn't let me fuck it up.

Third. I'm not narcissistic. If you ever e-mail me and we have an honest discussion, then you will see I'm not rude or condescending or close-minded. I'm eager to know what you know.

But I am very smart, and I'm educated. I'm not bragging--that's a fact, and on top of that I'm OCD as hell and a control freak. Which means I have very little tolerance for games or idiots or people who want to be considered equal but don't want to do the work to bring themselves up to the playing field level. They just want equality granted to them. Ain't gonna happen. I'm German--what can I say? Sue me. [Image: dontknow1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2014, 10:50 PM
(15-12-2014 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  What is it that you hope to accomplish here on an atheist forum? Why do you come here?

That's a fair question. I'm here to show you that atheism isn't the way. There's a better way. I think when I lay out the systematic theology of Veridicanism, you will see that. Until then, I just want to show you how stupid it is to be an atheist. [Image: pickteeth.gif]
15-12-2014, 10:56 PM
(15-12-2014 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 10:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  3) because he's an attention whore and he's crazier than bat shit

Don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. Tongue

(15-12-2014 10:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  4) three tolerations and he's out

Think he's already had more than 3 incarnations here. He typically unregisters the previous one and identifies himself so he's technically not in violation of the sockpuppet rule. Stark ain't gonna ban him. Ed is ... curious.

So Girly, if I correctly hear what you're sayin' Ed is divided between theism and atheism...bi-curious if you will. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 11:05 PM
(15-12-2014 07:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "What spiritual gifts do Veridicans endorse?"

From my Bobist perspective a far more interesting and relevant question is what sacraments do Veridicans support? Cause Bob supports like all of them. Different ones entail different spiritual gifts.

Everything is based on the Gospel. Whatever is endorsed in the Gospel, we do. We may not do it as well, or even be capable of some of it, but these gifts fall into the following categories:

Astrological interpretations

Prophecy

Magick and incantations

Spirit communications

Conjuring and exorcisms

Dream interpretation

Revelation of the Gospel message

Or at least these are the ones that will be addressed in the "official" Veridican theology. Whatever Jesus didn't prohibit, we can do, but whatever that is, it would probably fall into one of those categories.

Someone might say that we don't do healings--yeah we do, but those fall under magick.

(15-12-2014 09:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  nah, I think when he's being polite the GordionEdKnot is genuinely interested in feedback on his rather, shall we say unique, metaphysics. No more bizarre than say "Yes Virginia, there is a God and it is us." Big Grin Egor usually doesn't stay polite for very long 'cause we kinda beat the shit outta and ridicule him from the gitgo 'cause well, he deserves it. But he's getting better at the whole water off a duck's back shit.

I'm under the impression we can all take it and give it in here. I'm under the impression we've all accepted the heat in the kitchen, so to speak. I know I have. And at least the communication is frank. At least people say what they really think and feel. After 20 years of this, I think I can say I find that a good place to be.

Quote:4) The forums that will tolerate Edward are few and far between. We are one of those. We are both special. Big Grin

That's a fact. On Facebook there are more free speech religious groups now, but a long time ago when I first started out in here, this was the only group that would have me as I am.

(15-12-2014 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think he's already had more than 3 incarnations here. He typically unregisters the previous one and identifies himself so he's technically not in violation of the sockpuppet rule. Stark ain't gonna ban him. Ed is ... curious.

Yeah, if I had my way, I wish I could have the one I very first started with, but I don't remember what it was. I've never needed to be or wanted to be a sock puppet in here. What would be the point of that? And now that there are those Facebook groups, there's no need to really worry about being banned. But I am not participating in those groups at this time. There's no need to. This group is great--so far. Yes
15-12-2014, 11:07 PM
(15-12-2014 10:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So Girly, if I correctly hear what you're sayin' Ed is divided between theism and atheism...bi-curious if you will. Consider

More like I am us and we is me. ... bitches. Tongue

(15-12-2014 10:50 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  What is it that you hope to accomplish here on an atheist forum? Why do you come here?

That's a fair question. I'm here to show you that atheism isn't the way. There's a better way.

My own personal Jesus.

#sigh
15-12-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 11:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-12-2014 11:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Everything is based on the Gospel. Whatever is endorsed in the Gospel, we do.

The Gospels are derivative. The Code of Hammurabi encoded The Word like some 1700 B.C. The Word is what matters, not who the fuck said it.

#sigh
15-12-2014, 11:24 PM
(15-12-2014 10:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So Girly, if I correctly hear what you're sayin' Ed is divided between theism and atheism...bi-curious if you will. Consider

I understand you might suspect that: that I'm considering atheism. Because I hang out in here. But you should know that's not the case.

I think I have something special that other people don't have and that is that I don't really have faith in God. I know God is there. I know it. I know more about God than most people, definitely more than any other people I have ever met. I talk to God daily and He talks to me. I could prophesy for you right now. You could wake me up at three in the morning and while I'm still rubbing my eyes, I could prophesy. And I've been that way for 21 years.

So, I don't have a crisis of faith. I don't even have faith in that sense. I do have problems with God. I have really deep existential issues that He and I address almost daily, and have for at least 40 years. I struggle greatly with not measuring up to what He designed me for. I wonder if He will truly overlook my sin on Judgment Day. I wonder if the love I have for Jesus Christ is adequate, or if I'm defective and only think I love Him. After all, if I loved Him, wouldn't I be more like him? And yet I want to be, and find that I can't, and I find my ability to change decreasing rapidly with age. These are the things God and I talk about.

And He sits up there and blows it all off, like, "Eh, don't worry about it. You're doing fine. Keep doing what you're doing." It's like what He wants and what I want aren't the same things. He just wants the relationship. I want to be successful in my service to Him.

And He can be an asshole, but then He shows such great mercy and restraint. And then he shows me everything; the whole cosmos.

It's not whether God exists. That's not even an appropriate question. It really isn't. God is the only thing that exists. We are just modalities of Him. That's why Jesus never debated it.

Now, do you really think I am dealing with some kind of latent atheism? Seriously? Facepalm
15-12-2014, 11:30 PM
(15-12-2014 11:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 11:05 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Everything is based on the Gospel. Whatever is endorsed in the Gospel, we do.

The Gospels are derivative. The Code of Hammurabi encoded The Word like some 1700 B.C. The Word is what matters, not who the fuck said it.

Jesus is the Word. When you are in Christ, you come to realize there is no law. It evaporates. The Code of Hammurabi is just a legal code.

In Christ, you can never say ahead of time what is right or wrong. Jesus' morality is based on a live connection with God. And if there isn't that, then none of it works. This is what's behind the riddle of "if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out...," or "If you look at a woman with lust you've committed adultery already." that whole riddle.
15-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Anyone else feel like Gordon talks to himself and his neighbor who can hear him through the thin walls of the apartment building is fucking with him?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
15-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Quote:Bullshit. God gives us a purpose here on earth. I’ll be dead soon enough. Until then, I’ll do what he created me for. As an atheist, I’m surprised you don’t go put your sperm in a freezer and take a handful of pills. What the hell else is there to do? Right? Life has no purpose. It has no meaning, not if God isn’t there. You just go from one painful tragedy to the next. You just keep waiting for the next shoe to drop, and it always does, doesn’t it? Now, personally, I’d rather you put the pill bottle down and face the truth: Just because you don’t want God to exist doesn’t stop the fact that He does.

God is really the only thing in this wide world that gives your life meaning? This might be the madness talking, but that sounds very empty and sad.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post