Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 12:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
Quote: You need to be charismatic and influential. You are nether.

When I post in a forum like this, or in a FB group, I have to be very careful that I don't get overwhelmed. I can't comment on other posts, because they immediately blow up with comments. I can't post more than one post in any of the groups I'm a member in. Only one at a time in one group only. Otherwise I can't handle the traffic and I end up having to ignore vast amounts of responses.

Do you ever have that problem when you write an OP? No
Tis easy to do.
If I go to a Christian site and start talking about evolution or making claims that god cannot exist because he cannot create a rock that even he cannot carry.

Tis easy.

The hard thing is to garner people's respect, to get them to look up to you, to trust you. to want to follow you.
You achieve that then you can be the next Joseph Smith.
A guy so endearing, so charismatic that he has convinced people that he can stick his face in a hat with some stones and get the word of god.

(16-12-2014 12:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Right now, all I care about is doing the best job I can with the two books I must write in my life:

The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ
Veridicanism: A Systematic Theology

If I do that, and I know all about writing and publishing, so if I do that to the very best of my ability, I think that will be success. Then I just have to die and get out of the way of it.
There is no point in writing your books if no-one has any interest to read them. You need to incentive's people to read them. It seems you want to be a martyr. Oh well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2014, 12:28 AM
(15-12-2014 05:52 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This guy already claimed to be Christ:

Greetings Atheists, I Am Christ

So sorry, he called shotgun for the crazy seat first!

Excellent! This means, using Gordon's very own standards, that my Nan's teachings are more "internally verifying" than Gordon's because she wrote and predicted this kind of stuff.

This should convince Gordon!
16-12-2014, 12:28 AM
(16-12-2014 12:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 10:10 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You don't know what I do for a living, do you? You also don't know how much about yourself you're revealing when you make statements like that.

Of course I do, you self-absorbed little narcissist. YOU fucking told us the last time you were here. You're far worse off than I ever thought.
With very little effort I could even tell you where, address, and unit.

And I work a little and volunteer in a large hospital now, that's how I know. I also watch TV medical shows, you idiot.
AND, despite your pejorative implication, I've always been very open about my brief sojourn in a mental health unit, and the reason for it, a number of years ago.

See! I knew it. I couldn't care less. But I'm not going to be the one pushing you over the edge, so as before, I'm not going to respond to you until you can control your behavior. You've never been able to take the heat, but you can't stay away from it either, which is sad. Bye-bye. [Image: byebye.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 12:35 AM
I just wanna know where did Egor get a picture of himself with his head buried in the sand.

What's next a picture with his head up his butt?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-12-2014, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 01:00 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-12-2014 12:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You blithering idiot.

When I post in a forum like this, or in a FB group, I have to be very careful that I don't get overwhelmed. I can't comment on other posts, because they immediately blow up with comments.

Ahh, such wisdom. You're SOOOO wise and SOOO overwhelmingly important. Please shield us from your light, O Great prophet. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

You're so utterly ignorant of the issues, and so totally absorbed in your own self-importance you could even begin to respond to the question of Jebus' historicity.
So you call names. So mature for someone your age. Are you 60 yet ?
Still reinventing yourself and your pathetic little 2 person cult-church.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-12-2014, 12:38 AM
(16-12-2014 12:24 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Tis easy to do.
If I go to a Christian site and start talking about evolution or making claims that god cannot exist because he cannot create a rock that even he cannot carry.
Tis easy.

See, you don't get it. But it doesn't really matter. I'm not charismatic and that was your point. You win. Yes

Quote:You achieve that then you can be the next Joseph Smith.
A guy so endearing, so charismatic that he has convinced people that he can stick his face in a hat with some stones and get the word of god.

I'm not a leader. I'm no good at it. I'm a writer. Besides, there's lots of people to sell the con. I want the real thing.

Quote:There is no point in writing your books if no-one has any interest to read them. You need to incentive's people to read them. It seems you want to be a martyr. Oh well.

That's not my part of the deal. That's God's CreateSpace, Kindle, Amazon.com, once you put your book up there, it's there forever. It never goes out of print. I already know I will never sell enough books to come close to equaling what I make at my job. So, I have no marketing concerns at all. My job is to write the books--and to do it well. That's it.[Image: writing_thinking.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 12:46 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-12-2014 12:28 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 12:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Of course I do, you self-absorbed little narcissist. YOU fucking told us the last time you were here. You're far worse off than I ever thought.
With very little effort I could even tell you where, address, and unit.

And I work a little and volunteer in a large hospital now, that's how I know. I also watch TV medical shows, you idiot.
AND, despite your pejorative implication, I've always been very open about my brief sojourn in a mental health unit, and the reason for it, a number of years ago.

See! I knew it. I couldn't care less. But I'm not going to be the one pushing you over the edge, so as before, I'm not going to respond to you until you can control your behavior. You've never been able to take the heat, but you can't stay away from it either, which is sad. Bye-bye. [Image: byebye.gif]

I'm not the one who got pushed over the edge and wrote the "Ode to Bucky Ball", you fucking fool.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Bucky-Ball
And anyone who pretended to be a writer knows, if you "couldn't care less" that means you DO care, (double negative).
Maybe someday Grampa Gordo will go get himself a real education.
It's "I could care less". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-12-2014, 12:46 AM
(15-12-2014 10:28 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I have done original research regarding consciousness and can scientifically demonstrate that consciousness does not come from the brain.

Tell us! I have some experience of Computational Neuroscience and could get a paper published if you really can demonstrate this. I've been to conferences with some scientists in the field of Artificial consciousness.

You will need to demonstrate that something else other than neurons has the ability to perform computation to the same extent that the brain does and has the same level of connectivity. I know that some people have used immune systems as inspiration for computational models, but these act more like genetic algorithms.

Your computational model needs perform the following functions in order to convince people.
  • Classical conditioning
  • Competition (winnter-takes-alls)
  • Auto-associative Memory
  • Temporal sequence learning
  • High level modulation (e.g. has a gain control)

We will also need to refer to scientific literature to demonstrate physical mechanisms that can be tested to perform the above functions.

You also need to anticipate and counter certain objections such as why anethesia works and explain neurodegenerative diseases and many thousands of lesion studies (i.e. most of the field of neuroscience).

This is the Holy Grail and why I was originally sceptical of my Nan's teachings. I'm so excited!
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-12-2014, 12:50 AM
(15-12-2014 11:24 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I think I have something special that other people don't have and that is that I don't really have faith in God. I know God is there. I know it.

I think I have something special that other people don't have and that is that I don't really have faith in Jibbers. I know Jibbers is there. I know it.

[Image: jibbers_sticker_peel_large.png?1591]

REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-12-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 12:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-12-2014 12:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 10:28 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I have done original research regarding consciousness and can scientifically demonstrate that consciousness does not come from the brain.

Tell us! I have some experience of Computational Neuroscience and could get a paper published if you really can demonstrate this. I've been to conferences with some scientists in the field of Artificial consciousness.

You will need to demonstrate that something else other than neurons has the ability to perform computation to the same extent that the brain does and has the same level of connectivity. I know that some people have used immune systems as inspiration for computational models, but these act more like genetic algorithms.

Your computational model needs perform the following functions in order to convince people.
  • Classical conditioning
  • Competition (winnter-takes-alls)
  • Auto-associative Memory
  • Temporal sequence learning
  • High level modulation (e.g. has a gain control)

We will also need to refer to scientific literature to demonstrate physical mechanisms that can be tested to perform the above functions.

You also need to anticipate and counter certain objections such as why anethesia works and explain neurodegenerative diseases and many thousands of lesion studies (i.e. most of the field of neuroscience).

This is the Holy Grail and why I was originally sceptical of my Nan's teachings. I'm so excited!

Why. He has a paramecium lab in his very own basement.
No really he does. Really.
Yet somehow the Nobel committee, and the ENTIRE scientific establishment has passed poor widdow Gordo and his monumental discovery by.
Grampa Gordo told us all about Pete the Paramecium and how he hooked him up.
No really. You scoff.
Someday you poor idiots will wish you had bowed before this great new prophet.