Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 03:46 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 01:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 01:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I absolutely believe you, but I do need to check one thing in case I get fooled again.

How do you know that you are not schizophrenic?

I don't have the signs or symptoms of schizophrenia, or any psychosis for that matter.

And you'd know it. People like that can't keep their thoughts together. They can't write coherently. They write in online groups just like they talk: tangential, paranoid, hyper-religious, flights of ideas--and that's assuming they make any sense at all.

No matter how much atheists want it not to be so, it is considered, in every corner of the world, to be more mentally healthy to have some kind of religious beliefs. In terms of mental health, and how people get along in life, being an atheist has a much poorer prognosis.

But that only goes so far. I'm obsessed with my religious ideas. It's true. But some people are that way. Some great people were that way (Joan of Arc, Francis of Assisi, Gandhi, and let's not forget Jesus of Nazareth).

I'm never going to be shit. I've spent most of my life wanting to be something or someone I'm not. I know all of that is true. I know when my books are done, if two people read them while I'm alive, that would be a miracle. But it doesn't change anything. I still have to do it.

And I come here because in here is a group of people who like to talk about religion, and sometimes they're clever and funny--like BB was with the "It's alive" video. And sometimes they're not. Sometimes they post cool music, like Girlyman with the Maryln Manson video. Sometimes they don't.

You guys are the only ones talking about the stuff I'm obsessed with. I hate the Church, and so do you. We just have different ways of expressing it.

Now. I have to go to bed. Hasta Luego.

[Image: carryon.gif]

You know we can take everything you've ever posted and replace God/Jesus with Jibbers/Uniciorn/FSM and it makes just as much sense, right?

That aught to tell you something. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-12-2014, 03:56 AM
(16-12-2014 12:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's "I could care less". Tongue

A bit off topic, but the original expression is "I couldn't care less". Now you'll find also the other one being used, and thanks to fast communication like internet is also quite understood, but it's a sort of Americanism. I think it's pretty much used in the US. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
16-12-2014, 04:03 AM
(16-12-2014 01:48 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I don't have the signs or symptoms of schizophrenia, or any psychosis for that matter.

And you'd know it. People like that can't keep their thoughts together. They can't write coherently. They write in online groups just like they talk: tangential, paranoid, hyper-religious, flights of ideas--and that's assuming they make any sense at all.

There are plenty of people like you.
You have delusions of grandeur.
This type of person either thinks they are god or Jesus, or thinks that they are on a special mission for god.

You convince yourself that you talk coherently and yet some people on this forum flock to your posts as they get a wiff of crazy and think its fun to poke sticks at the crazy guy. Just as they have done for other crazies that have visited us.

Of course, in your head, you rationalise it as if what you have to say is divinely prophetic, captivating and mesmerising, that the masses can't help but flock to your threads. It's just more evidence of your mental issues.

I'm convinced that nothing I can say via the internet can be of any help to you. That the more attention you get, the more it exacerbates your illness.

I have no doubt that you are genuinely convinced of your special place, your special mission, that god talks to you all the time and your are faithfully doing his bidding.

With that in mind, I will no longer contribute to the problem.
I wish you well Edger Gordon.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-12-2014, 04:22 AM
(16-12-2014 12:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 11:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The Gospels are derivative. The Code of Hammurabi encoded The Word like some 1700 B.C. The Word is what matters, not who the fuck said it.

because I'm sure "mums" only the word when you keep your boss' wife company while he's gone, she O.Ds on your crack and you have to give her an adrenaline shot.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
16-12-2014, 04:47 AM
(16-12-2014 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You know we can take everything you've ever posted and replace God/Jesus with Jibbers/Uniciorn/FSM and it makes just as much sense, right?

Don't forget my nan!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
16-12-2014, 04:54 AM
(16-12-2014 03:56 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 12:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's "I could care less". Tongue

A bit off topic, but the original expression is "I couldn't care less". Now you'll find also the other one being used, and thanks to fast communication like internet is also quite understood, but it's a sort of Americanism. I think it's pretty much used in the US. Big Grin

Yes, as a Brit "I could care less" sounds really odd and is recognised as an Americanism, like you do care quite a bit and it is therefore possible to care less.

"I could not care less" on the other hand means I don't care in the slightest and therefore it is not possible for me to care any less.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-12-2014, 05:21 AM
(16-12-2014 04:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You know we can take everything you've ever posted and replace God/Jesus with Jibbers/Uniciorn/FSM and it makes just as much sense, right?

Don't forget my nan!

I just didn't want to steal your thunder Mathilda.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-12-2014, 05:30 AM
(16-12-2014 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That aught to tell you something. Consider
*ought

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
16-12-2014, 06:34 AM
(16-12-2014 05:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That aught to tell you something. Consider
*ought

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 5ce.jpg]

16-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Damn. Looks like I missed the party?
Is the troll gone?