Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 07:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nuh-uh. The bird is the word.

Thumbsup Yes! What I really like about that video of the Trashmen is that while Tony Anderson looks insane, you see right at the end as he's going around in a circle, that he knows how to switch the microphone in his hands. Meaning he's not at all confused.

They should show that video in psychology classes, because the uneducated and inexperienced often think they know what mental illness is, but they don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2014, 10:56 AM
(15-12-2014 11:24 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I think I have something special that other people don't have and that is that I don't really have faith in God. I know God is there. I know it. I know more about God than most people, definitely more than any other people I have ever met. I talk to God daily and He talks to me.

Did god/jesus/whatever talk to Paul? If not, what do you think happened to Paul (assuming anything did)? If yes, did Paul get the message right?

Quote:I could prophesy for you right now.

Please do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't think you're psychotic, either. (Something isn't right, and I have a guess.... )

Lacking insight and delusional, however. Still shocked you missed the depression/chronic illness link with KC. I had warning bells going off (and still my concern is not completely alleviated) - it helps that he has protective mechanisms in place - family, religious belief, etc. I've barely interacted with the guy - but then my background is more triage and assessing risk.

I don't agree with your assessment equating atheism and mental illness because of the rates of depression. Correlation does not equal causation. You're being intellectually dishonest and intentionally obtuse. Atheist deconverts are more likely to feel isolated from friends, family and community and lose their support systems- isolation is the risk factor for major depressive episodes and suicide, not the atheism itself.

Way past my bedtime, and the melatonin is making things hazy. Good day/night/morning.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
16-12-2014, 11:07 AM
(16-12-2014 09:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The thing I absolutely love about you Gordon is that ultimately you're going to lose.
You might be one of the craziest motherfuckers out there but at the end of the day it's all meaningless. We're still atheists and you're still batshit cray-cray. And when you die nobody will care about Verublahblahism and absolutely nothing will come of it.

But that's just it, Earmuffs, I don't lose. If I write the two books I've previously mentioned, if I use all the skills I've gained in the area of writing and publishing to do so. Then I won.

I won because I did the will of God. How many people get to die that way? How many people get to say I sought God and I found Him, and He told me what He created me for, and I was able to accomplish that?

If that's not winning--whatever could be?

What happens to my work after I'm dead...how could I care about that? You have an over-inflated view of the importance of this world compared to our existence on the astral plane.

Quote:Nobody will read your books and nobody will follow your word/teachings and your made up religion will wither and die. This will mean that your whole life, the only one life you have, would have been completely wasted on a pointless and fruitless endeavor.

Kind of like when Jesus died on the cross. And yet, 2000 years later he has a fan. Whodathunkit.

Quote:You're wasting your life Gordon and this is exactly why I like you. Because ultimately you lose. Atheism will continue to rise, religion will continue to fall and the homo's will continue to butt fuck eachother. Game over, we win. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

And the homos will continue to buttfuck each other? That's you're goal in life? And I'm the one who's losing? Amazing. Facepalm
16-12-2014, 11:16 AM
(15-12-2014 10:50 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 08:04 PM)Free Wrote:  What is it that you hope to accomplish here on an atheist forum? Why do you come here?

That's a fair question. I'm here to show you that atheism isn't the way. There's a better way. I think when I lay out the systematic theology of Veridicanism, you will see that. Until then, I just want to show you how stupid it is to be an atheist. [Image: pickteeth.gif]

You somehow think it is stupid that we refuse to believe in something that has absolutely no evidence to support it's existence?

Let me say something to you.

The day you were born was the most natural and most honest state of existence you ever had. You did not come into this world with beliefs in anything at all. You were completely innocent.

Then, as time went on, someone presented to you a book called the bible, and a few other books, and from there you formulated a belief system that was not natural to your original state of existence that you had on the day you were born.

On the day you were born, you had no beliefs in any gods at all. That is exactly the natural state of atheism. You were BORN that way, but because of beliefs and teachings from others, you have strayed away from your most natural and most honest state of existence.

And it all started with a singular book.

So now you live your life according to what you believe, as opposed to what you were born to be.

You were born with a lack of beliefs because that IS your natural state of existence.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
16-12-2014, 11:18 AM
(16-12-2014 10:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 11:24 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I think I have something special that other people don't have and that is that I don't really have faith in God. I know God is there. I know it. I know more about God than most people, definitely more than any other people I have ever met. I talk to God daily and He talks to me.

Did god/jesus/whatever talk to Paul? If not, what do you think happened to Paul (assuming anything did)? If yes, did Paul get the message right?

Quote:I could prophesy for you right now.

Please do.

I don't know if Jesus talked to Paul. I wasn't there. I'm not even sure that the Gospel Paul preaches is the same Gospel I believe in. There is some controversy that the synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) were written to keep people like Paul from making shit up. I don't know if that's true.

What I do know is that I have only considered the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas to be inspired by God for the purpose of telling the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. And even at that, as you know, I believe the synthesis I've been directed to write solidifies those separate books into one cohesive picture.

So, what does God say? Right now? He says, Yes, Paul did His will (God's will). But God wants me to ask you this question: "Where were you when Paul was preaching?" And then I'm just supposed to leave it at that.

Thumbsup
16-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Do you all really want me to prophesy in this forum? I wouldn't have thought that would be something atheists wanted to hear. No
16-12-2014, 11:24 AM
(16-12-2014 11:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Do you all really want me to prophesy in this forum? I wouldn't have thought that would be something atheists wanted to hear. No

Why not? You've done nothing but spew pure bullshit since your return. You seem to think anything you say means something here.
Really you're just a mildly amusing chew toy.
16-12-2014, 11:27 AM
(16-12-2014 10:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ... If I'm deluded and so I stop taking baths because I'm sure God wants me to avoid bathing, then I'm mentally ill.

Every post you've made convinces me that's exactly what you'd do. Or hijack and steer a loaded airliner into a skyscraper because your god said to do so.

How do you differentiate between directives from this voice that has accompanied you since age 9 that you must heed, and directives you won't heed?

If your response is that you don't differentiate: you heed it faithfully at all times because it would never direct you to do anything "wrong", does that mean you're able to forecast what a god will tell you to do? You make the statement about bathing because, I suppose, your god hasn't made such a directive. What if it did?

Maybe it has and you've declined. If so, how did you get to the decision to decline? You know better than your own god what's best? That's a colossal hubris.

Meanwhile we observe someone who self-confesses to following voices in his head. That makes me nervous.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
16-12-2014, 11:33 AM
(16-12-2014 11:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't think you're psychotic, either. (Something isn't right, and I have a guess.... )

Lacking insight and delusional, however.

Well, I can't answer to the delusional (How could I?), but lacking insight for sure. We always need more of that.

Quote:Still shocked you missed the depression/chronic illness link with KC.

I just came back. I have no idea what's going on with KC.

Quote:I had warning bells going off (and still my concern is not completely alleviated) - it helps that he has protective mechanisms in place - family, religious belief, etc. I've barely interacted with the guy - but then my background is more triage and assessing risk.

Okay, well this is the internet, but I'll assume then that you're a registered nurse, yes?

Quote:I don't agree with your assessment equating atheism and mental illness because of the rates of depression. Correlation does not equal causation. You're being intellectually dishonest and intentionally obtuse.

I don't remember ever making that statement. If I did, I was wrong. I don't think atheists are any more depressed than any other group. However, in the case of mental illness, it's a poorer prognosis if a person has no religious belief, and obviously you agree with that, because you just counted it as one of KC's coping skills.

Quote:Atheist deconverts are more likely to feel isolated from friends, family and community and lose their support systems- isolation is the risk factor for major depressive episodes and suicide, not the atheism itself.

I agree. But also they have to contend with the inherent hopelessness, meaninglessness, and dehumanizing aspects of atheistic beliefs. In other words, in their time of despair, they don't believe they can turn inward and upward to anything greater than themselves. That is also a form of isolation, a spiritual isolation, and it's one less support they have. That's my theory anyway.

Quote:Way past my bedtime, and the melatonin is making things hazy. Good day/night/morning.

Good Night. [Image: sleep.gif]