Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 11:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Do you all really want me to prophesy in this forum? I wouldn't have thought that would be something atheists wanted to hear. No

Only if prophesy = fortune telling and it has to be timely, something we can corroborate within say a month or two. It can’t sound like a fortune cookie either, has to be specific and can be confirmed objectively. Nebulous statements won’t cut it and if you use the word “vapors” in any of the prophesies you must self-ban. Yes

This is so exciting! Popcorn

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-12-2014, 11:39 AM
(16-12-2014 11:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Do you all really want me to prophesy in this forum? I wouldn't have thought that would be something atheists wanted to hear. No

This is laughable at best, and I cannot read anything you post without cracking up at the absolute hopelessness of you and your state of mind. You are a self absorbed and damaged individual who embodies what all you believers stereotype atheists as: angry, self hating, depressed, no purpose...

Get help please as I would not want anyone I care about to bump into you on the street you twisted jackass. It makes perfect sense that you describe psycotic religiosity yet do not think you suffer from this dangerous mental condition. So very sad on so many levels.

If you can tell me the difference between your experiences and what I might find walking through the halls of a mental institution, I will reconsider my view. Until then, make yourself at home in craytown.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
16-12-2014, 11:47 AM
(16-12-2014 11:27 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Every post you've made convinces me that's exactly what you'd do. Or hijack and steer a loaded airliner into a skyscraper because your god said to do so.

Haven't done it yet. 50 years hijack clean! Thumbsup

Quote:How do you differentiate between directives from this voice that has accompanied you since age 9 that you must heed, and directives you won't heed?

I can tell the difference between God and Satan. (I should say the modalities of the Holy Spirit and Satan--nevermind it's complicated).

Quote:If your response is that you don't differentiate: you heed it faithfully at all times because it would never direct you to do anything "wrong", does that mean you're able to forecast what a god will tell you to do? You make the statement about bathing because, I suppose, your god hasn't made such a directive. What if it did?

Then I'd join the ranks of people who have command hallucinations telling them not to bathe. Just like you would.

Quote:Meanwhile we observe someone who self-confesses to following voices in his head. That makes me nervous.

I don't hear voices in my head. No

Look, God is there for everyone, not just me. I think the skill of prophecy, whether one is doing it directly or using a device like tarot cards, is that they are able to differentiate thoughts that come into their mind.

I know when God is speaking to me. I know when Satan is speaking to me. I know when I'm talking to myself. I can differentiate them. If I'm wrong about all of that, and God has left me to be completely deceived, or insane, well then, there's nothing I can say about that.

What I can say is that I live my life at a pretty high level of functioning. So...make of that what you will. Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 11:55 AM
(16-12-2014 11:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Only if prophesy = fortune telling and it has to be timely, something we can corroborate within say a month or two. It can’t sound like a fortune cookie either, has to be specific and can be confirmed objectively. Nebulous statements won’t cut it and if you use the word “vapors” in any of the prophesies you must self-ban. Yes

Wouldn't that just be precognition? Precognition doesn't prove the existence of God or that God was the one communicating it. Precognition and telepathy seem to be properties of mind, but we can't derive anything else from that, not theologically anyway.

I have had many instances of precognition. But I don't even consider that part of my religious experience or relationship with God. I mean, I already know the mind is not generated from the brain. I know that from my paramecium studies and my own experiences and observations of others, thought experiments and logic as well. That being the case, I find precognition and telepathy to be amazing, but then I find the wave/particle function of quantum mechanics to be equally amazing. For that matter, I find gravity to be equally amazing.

Other than God having created all of that when He created the cosmos, however, I don't consider that part of my "religious" experience. If you do, then go research it.

I will prophesy, if when someone asks, I feel God has a message for them. Otherwise I won't. In other words, I'm not going to tell you what God is telling me right at this moment.
16-12-2014, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:55 PM by Vosur.)
And I must say, I would respect the wishes of the admin and the owner of this forum on that. I'm not sure Stark Raving or The Thinking Atheist wants religious types coming in here prophesying, and frankly, I wouldn't blame them. I don't allow atheist derision of God in my forum; I wouldn't think an atheist would want prophesying in his forum.

But, if anyone really wants something like that, just send a message through my website [Link removed]
16-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Gordon, punkin, you were asked this...

Quote:
How do you differentiate between directives from this voice that has accompanied you since age 9 that you must heed, and directives you won't heed?

You replied you can tell the difference between god and satan.
You completely ignored the 'how' part, saying it's complicated.
That's very convenient for you, you are a delusional, lying, punk.
Go fuck yourself in the ass with a porcupine.
16-12-2014, 12:06 PM
(16-12-2014 11:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  And I must say, I would respect the wishes of the admin and the owner of this forum on that. I'm not sure Stark Raving or The Thinking Atheist wants religious types coming in here prophesying, and frankly, I wouldn't blame them. I don't allow atheist derision of God in my forum; I wouldn't think an atheist would want prophesying in his forum.

But, if anyone really wants something like that, just send a message through my website http://veridican.com

Knock yourself out Ed. All I ask is that you keep it contained. You've always been respectful in the past by not spamming. So long as it's in a relevant thread, feel free to be the prophet you believe you are.

Has it been so long that you don't even know me anymore?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-12-2014, 12:06 PM
But if I don't take pictures of my shit, how are my friends gonna know how big it was?

I mean I guess I could just describe it, but you know the saying, seeing is believing!
16-12-2014, 12:11 PM
(16-12-2014 11:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 11:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Only if prophesy = fortune telling and it has to be timely, something we can corroborate within say a month or two. It can’t sound like a fortune cookie either, has to be specific and can be confirmed objectively. Nebulous statements won’t cut it and if you use the word “vapors” in any of the prophesies you must self-ban. Yes

Wouldn't that just be precognition? Precognition doesn't prove the existence of God or that God was the one communicating it. Precognition and telepathy seem to be properties of mind, but we can't derive anything else from that, not theologically anyway.

I have had many instances of precognition. But I don't even consider that part of my religious experience or relationship with God. I mean, I already know the mind is not generated from the brain. I know that from my paramecium studies and my own experiences and observations of others, thought experiments and logic as well. That being the case, I find precognition and telepathy to be amazing, but then I find the wave/particle function of quantum mechanics to be equally amazing. For that matter, I find gravity to be equally amazing.

Other than God having created all of that when He created the cosmos, however, I don't consider that part of my "religious" experience. If you do, then go research it.

I will prophesy, if when someone asks, I feel God has a message for them. Otherwise I won't. In other words, I'm not going to tell you what God is telling me right at this moment.

Don't you think it would be a much more productive use of your time to get on a Christian forum and convince them you're hearing from god?

At least they believe in god, everything you're asserting is a non-starter, you don't have any evidence that a god exists or that YOUR particular god exists.

What makes your particular brand of theism so much better? What really differentiates it? All I see is more presuppositional, evidence-free god claims.

Maybe you can get your deity to register on my deity tester 2.0, just turn the little cardboard disc 90 degrees while under video surveillance. So far Christians scoff at this, but I have faith someone's deity actually has the power to turn a little cardboard disk 90 degrees. My only recourse is to assume a deity can't move a little cardboard disk, quite a trivial task really.

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-12-2014, 12:11 PM
(16-12-2014 12:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Knock yourself out Ed. All I ask is that you keep it contained. You've always been respectful in the past by not spamming. So long as it's in a relevant thread, feel free to be the prophet you believe you are.

Has it been so long that you don't even know me anymore?

Yeah, I know you. Of course I know you. I remember all the way back. I wouldn't be in this forum if it wasn't for you. I would be banned if not for you. I was just respecting your silence. [Image: hug1.gif]

Now I gotta run. Literally, it's time for my jogging/old-man taekwondo work out. Smile