Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 11:47 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I know when God is speaking to me. I know when Satan is speaking to me.
I know when I’m talking to myself. I can differentiate them. If I’m wrong about all of that, and God has left me to be completely deceived, or insane, well then, there’s nothing I can say about that.
That is truly frightning.

(16-12-2014 11:47 AM)Gordon Wrote:  What I can say is that I live my life at a pretty high level of functioning. So...make of that what you will. Smartass

I’m sure you do live at a high level of fuctioning but that doesn’t preclude schizophrenia, psychopathy or delusional disorders.

"People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.”

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide...l-disorder

Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
16-12-2014, 12:33 PM
A treasure trove of lunacy and entertainment!

Another year has come and gone and so we have the opportunity to review how the world’s leading psychics fared in their predictions for the year 2014.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/201...edictions/

Excerpts:

Brazil wins 2014 World Soccer. (No, Germany won. Brazil was crushed by Germany 7-1 and didn’t make the final.)

Most improbably, the 2014 elections see Texas turning blue.

A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found. (Did not happen)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
16-12-2014, 12:38 PM
(16-12-2014 11:47 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ... I can tell the difference between God and Satan ... I know when God is speaking to me. I know when Satan is speaking to me. I don't hear voices in my head.

Speaks the man wearing a plaid shirt, discussing wearing a plaid shirt, "I don't wear plaid shirts".

Well, without being able to tell us how you can tell the difference, you give us no confidence whatsoever that this recent religiously inspired event isn't the type of thing we may someday read in the newspapers about you.

Basic courtesy is already something you're numb to:

Quote:... Just like you would.

I'm surprised someone age 50 hasn't yet learned not presuming to tell others what they'd do or think, but then it's not surprising coming from someone with delusions of grandeur.

Anyone rude enough to tell me he knows better than I do what I think is next going to tell me he knows whether I should live or die by his hand, since his grandeur gives him that righteous confidence. People on "God's Mission" give me the willies.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
16-12-2014, 12:54 PM
(16-12-2014 11:18 AM)Gordon Wrote:  What I do know is that I have only considered the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas to be inspired by God for the purpose of telling the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. And even at that, as you know, I believe the synthesis I've been directed to write solidifies those separate books into one cohesive picture.

Neat trick given how contradictory they are. Why those 5 and not the others? Why should anybody think that your new "gospel" is any better given that god supposedly inspired all the others as well? If they got it wrong why would you fare better?

You've posted a lot but still haven't actually defined what you believe. I'm just trying to get a handle on that.

Quote:So, what does God say? Right now? He says, Yes, Paul did His will (God's will). But God wants me to ask you this question: "Where were you when Paul was preaching?" And then I'm just supposed to leave it at that.

Yeah, yeah, Job 38. It wasn't an answer then and has no meaning now. Paul, if he existed and if he did any of the things ascribed to him, was apparently delusional. I think you would have liked him.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Gordon Wrote:However, in the case of mental illness, it's a poorer prognosis if a person has no religious belief, and obviously you agree with that, because you just counted it as one of KC's coping skills.

I doubt many would agree with that. The fact that KC uses it as a coping mechanism is a single data point. Other people use other coping mechanisms. As was already said, the social interaction often associated with religion seems to be the important factor for people who do use religion, the mythology and woo is not.

Quote:I already know the mind is not generated from the brain. I know that from my paramecium studies and my own experiences and observations of others, thought experiments and logic as well.

You have made that claim more than once now. Where is your research posted and peer reviewed?

Quote:I will prophesy, if when someone asks, I feel God has a message for them. Otherwise I won't. In other words, I'm not going to tell you what God is telling me right at this moment.

Nice evasion.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-12-2014, 01:34 PM
(16-12-2014 12:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  What do you think success is--dickhead? Drinking Beverage

Ummm ... not being a dickhead maybe?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-12-2014, 01:45 PM
(16-12-2014 01:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I thought you said "bye bye". Oh well. You can't stay away from me can you ?

#sigh
16-12-2014, 01:56 PM
(16-12-2014 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 11:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's turtles all the way down the line Ed.

I couldn’t understand what he was saying so I looked up the lyrics,

“Sturgill says most people don’t get what this song is about: “it’s about drugs”

Au contraire mon ami. It's about love's the only thing that ever saved my life. Big Grin

#sigh
16-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
I already know the mind is not generated from the brain.

Are you saying the mind has no physical source?
That it is a supernatural entity?
If so, how can you say you know this without any evidence whatsoever?
There is currently no reliable way to test the supernatural if it even exists at all.
Are you trying to say the mind is a soul?
If so, is the mind then eternal?
Do you then remember what it was like before you were born?

Wanting, or believing something is true doesn't make it true.
Your dishonesty is stunning.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Unsure

Blink

Facepalm

I just don't understand how people can get so far off the path of reality....truly frightening in a way.....when they assert with absolute conviction...god talks to me...mhmm I bet he does...when people think the voices in their head are of a divine nature, and of course, whatever the voices dictate one must do as it is god speaking to you.......yeah.

Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post