Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(16-12-2014 12:11 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Don't you think it would be a much more productive use of your time to get on a Christian forum and convince them you're hearing from god?

No way, they'd ban me immediately. They wouldn't even let me join. I get kicked out of those groups instantly. If you think you can shred Christianity, you should really watch someone like me at work.

Besides, atheists forums like this one, are where the front lines are. Christian groups are cemeteries

Quote:At least they believe in god, everything you're asserting is a non-starter, you don't have any evidence that a god exists or that YOUR particular god exists.

Atheism doesn't work on evidence. It doesn't work. There's tons of evidence for the existence of God. Atheists just say they want evidence, but they don't. They want to deny the implications of the evidence, that's all they're about. An atheist will never give up atheism because of evidence.

Quote:What makes your particular brand of theism so much better? What really differentiates it? All I see is more presuppositional, evidence-free god claims.

You ain't seen nothin yet.

Quote:Maybe you can get your deity to register on my deity tester 2.0, just turn the little cardboard disc 90 degrees while under video surveillance. So far Christians scoff at this, but I have faith someone's deity actually has the power to turn a little cardboard disk 90 degrees. My only recourse is to assume a deity can't move a little cardboard disk, quite a trivial task really.

That would be proof of psychokinesis, not God. Psychokinesis wouldn't convince me that God exists, and I'm prone to believe in him. It would never convince you. No
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2014, 02:33 PM
(16-12-2014 12:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A treasure trove of lunacy and entertainment!

Another year has come and gone and so we have the opportunity to review how the world’s leading psychics fared in their predictions for the year 2014.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/201...edictions/

Excerpts:

Brazil wins 2014 World Soccer. (No, Germany won. Brazil was crushed by Germany 7-1 and didn’t make the final.)

Most improbably, the 2014 elections see Texas turning blue.

A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found. (Did not happen)

Fuck you. I'm not defending psychics for you. Most psychics are cons. Especially professional psychics. You can't tell the difference, can you? [Image: sadsad.gif]
16-12-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 02:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-12-2014 02:00 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I just don't understand how people can get so far off the path of reality....truly frightening in a way.....when they assert with absolute conviction...god talks to me...mhmm I bet he does.

He does talk to me. God is Freud's Id. To his credit the bastard only comes out when I drink my gin. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2014, 02:35 PM
(16-12-2014 12:38 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 11:47 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ... I can tell the difference between God and Satan ... I know when God is speaking to me. I know when Satan is speaking to me. I don't hear voices in my head.

Speaks the man wearing a plaid shirt, discussing wearing a plaid shirt, "I don't wear plaid shirts".

Well, without being able to tell us how you can tell the difference, you give us no confidence whatsoever that this recent religiously inspired event isn't the type of thing we may someday read in the newspapers about you.

Basic courtesy is already something you're numb to:

Quote:... Just like you would.

I'm surprised someone age 50 hasn't yet learned not presuming to tell others what they'd do or think, but then it's not surprising coming from someone with delusions of grandeur.

Anyone rude enough to tell me he knows better than I do what I think is next going to tell me he knows whether I should live or die by his hand, since his grandeur gives him that righteous confidence. People on "God's Mission" give me the willies.

What if someone kills you just because they don't like you? [Image: ak47.gif]
16-12-2014, 02:36 PM
(16-12-2014 02:27 PM)Gordon Wrote:  There's tons of evidence for the existence of God. Atheists just say they want evidence, but they don't. They want to deny the implications of the evidence, that's all they're about. An atheist will never give up atheism because of evidence.

If there is evidence of god then faith isn't needed, no faith, no entry into heaven.

Popcorn

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-12-2014, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 02:41 PM by Full Circle.)
(16-12-2014 02:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 12:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A treasure trove of lunacy and entertainment!

Another year has come and gone and so we have the opportunity to review how the world’s leading psychics fared in their predictions for the year 2014.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/201...edictions/

Excerpts:

Brazil wins 2014 World Soccer. (No, Germany won. Brazil was crushed by Germany 7-1 and didn’t make the final.)

Most improbably, the 2014 elections see Texas turning blue.

A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found. (Did not happen)

Fuck you. I'm not defending psychics for you. Most psychics are cons. Especially professional psychics. You can't tell the difference, can you? [Image: sadsad.gif]

I'm crushed.
The funny thing is that wasn't even directed at you.

I find it particularly interesting that the one thing that gets your ire up the most is making fun of psychics, now that's fucked up.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
16-12-2014, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:55 PM by Vosur.)
(16-12-2014 12:54 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Neat trick given how contradictory they are. Why those 5 and not the others? Why should anybody think that your new "gospel" is any better given that god supposedly inspired all the others as well? If they got it wrong why would you fare better?

They didn't get it wrong. That's what was needed then. And guess what? They're not contradictory anymore. Smartass

Quote:You've posted a lot but still haven't actually defined what you believe. I'm just trying to get a handle on that.

[Link removed]

Quote:Yeah, yeah, Job 38. It wasn't an answer then and has no meaning now. Paul, if he existed and if he did any of the things ascribed to him, was apparently delusional. I think you would have liked him.

Why don't you answer God's fucking question to you? That's why idiot atheists like yourself don't get any evidence. It's wasted on you. Hobo
16-12-2014, 02:41 PM
(16-12-2014 02:35 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 12:38 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Speaks the man wearing a plaid shirt, discussing wearing a plaid shirt, "I don't wear plaid shirts".

Well, without being able to tell us how you can tell the difference, you give us no confidence whatsoever that this recent religiously inspired event isn't the type of thing we may someday read in the newspapers about you.

Basic courtesy is already something you're numb to:

I'm surprised someone age 50 hasn't yet learned not presuming to tell others what they'd do or think, but then it's not surprising coming from someone with delusions of grandeur.

Anyone rude enough to tell me he knows better than I do what I think is next going to tell me he knows whether I should live or die by his hand, since his grandeur gives him that righteous confidence. People on "God's Mission" give me the willies.

What if someone kills you just because they don't like you? [Image: ak47.gif]

Any comment on My Post?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
16-12-2014, 02:44 PM
(16-12-2014 02:27 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
Quote:Maybe you can get your deity to register on my deity tester 2.0, just turn the little cardboard disc 90 degrees while under video surveillance. So far Christians scoff at this, but I have faith someone's deity actually has the power to turn a little cardboard disk 90 degrees. My only recourse is to assume a deity can't move a little cardboard disk, quite a trivial task really.

That would be proof of psychokinesis, not God. Psychokinesis wouldn't convince me that God exists, and I'm prone to believe in him. It would never convince you. No

The cardboard disc turning 90 degrees on its own would be a gigantic step up in quality from the usual "evidence" of the supernatural we're presented with. Alas, we're stuck with prophets and The Q.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
16-12-2014, 02:45 PM
(16-12-2014 02:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 02:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Fuck you. I'm not defending psychics for you. Most psychics are cons. Especially professional psychics. You can't tell the difference, can you? [Image: sadsad.gif]

I'm crushed.
The funny thing is that wasn't even directed at you.

I find it particularly interesting that the one thing that gets your ire up the most is making fun of psychics, now that's fucked up.

He won't even answer me anymore.
I'm crushed too. Sadcryface