Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-12-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
I don't give a fuck what people say, GirlyMan. Brokeback Mountain was a really good movie, and that scene is a tear-jerker (no pun intended). Kudos on the clip. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2014, 11:26 PM
(16-12-2014 02:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If there is evidence of god then faith isn't needed, no faith, no entry into heaven.

Popcorn

Says who?
Huh
16-12-2014, 11:38 PM
(16-12-2014 11:26 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 02:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If there is evidence of god then faith isn't needed, no faith, no entry into heaven.

Popcorn

Says who?
Huh

Because evidence is not based on faith. If God was proven or had evidence to be real which evidence is the requirement for proof. Then faith would not be needed and thus, since faith is the only reason anyone gets into heaven, then no one would get into heaven.

Let me break it down a bit more.

We do not need much evidence to know that something that glows bright and emits heat will hurt if we touch it.

It does not take faith to believe that because there is evidence and proof that is the case for most objects that glow bright and emit heat that it will hurt you if you touch it.

Now, if God was proven or had proof. Than faith would be impossible since evidence would give way to proof which does is impossible to have faith implemented as any part of it. Therefor, No one gets into heaven if even a single bit of evidence or proof were to exist to show that god exist.

The funny thing is, with this logic that you just gotta believe blah blah blah. There is no logical reason that we should not just accept and have faith that the world is flat, the center of the universe, that ZEUS, Amaterasu, and every other god or claim of any kind for that matter that anyone else makes is not real.

Therefor, we would be forced to accept everything no matter what it is instead of focusing on what is actually real and provable, which also makes the entire basis of that which religion and ALL religions revolve around in order to function in a healthy human mind possible.

This is why atheists exist for a part of it. Some people's brains require evidence which makes faith impossible.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
16-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Hello Free,

Let's see what you have to say...Drinking Beverage

(16-12-2014 11:16 AM)Free Wrote:  You somehow think it is stupid that we refuse to believe in something that has absolutely no evidence to support it's existence?

Don't be silly. There's so much evidence for the existence of God it's ridiculous. That's why I know atheism is not responsive to evidence, and that's why I know being an atheist is not about being "rational" or "logical" or "scientific." It's an emotional response--same as faith in Jesus Christ is an emotional response.

Quote:Let me say something to you.

Please.

Quote:The day you were born was the most natural and most honest state of existence you ever had. You did not come into this world with beliefs in anything at all. You were completely innocent.

Granted. I was also completely ignorant; my IQ had not developed, and I had no education or language abilities. My dogs don't believe in God either. My dogs don't know anything about God.

Quote:Then, as time went on, someone presented to you a book called the bible, and a few other books, and from there you formulated a belief system that was not natural to your original state of existence that you had on the day you were born.

Shitting in my pants was natural to my existence. Not knowing how to feed myself was natural to my existence. Not being able to walk was natural to my existence. Not knowing God was natural to my existence, and if I had been raised by wolves, I wouldn't have known about God at all. Most lifeforms on the earth--all lifeforms except intelligent humanoids--no nothing about God. Rocks and trees no nothing about God--neither do stars or planets or tarot cards. So, what's you're point?

Maybe I should read on... [Image: papergr.gif]

Quote:On the day you were born, you had no beliefs in any gods at all. That is exactly the natural state of atheism. You were BORN that way, but because of beliefs and teachings from others, you have strayed away from your most natural and most honest state of existence.

And it all started with a singular book.

Do you know anything about physics or quantum mechanics? Do you know how to balance your checkbook? How 'bout how to use an internet forum? Well, you weren't born that way. You didn't know any of that until some slimy, dishonest, control freak taught it to you. Is that what you're trying to sell me on?

Quote:So now you live your life according to what you believe, as opposed to what you were born to be.

You were born with a lack of beliefs because that IS your natural state of existence.

If "atheism" really was a lack of belief based on ignorance, then I would grant you that we are all born atheists. What we are all born as, however, are blank slates--read John Locke. So, we are born ignorant, not atheist. An atheist denies the existence of God after considering the idea of whether or not God exists. Atheism is an informed choice.
16-12-2014, 11:57 PM
(16-12-2014 03:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 02:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Fuck you. I'm not defending psychics for you. Most psychics are cons. Especially professional psychics. You can't tell the difference, can you? [Image: sadsad.gif]

I'm not done here.
Are you sincerely asking me if I can't tell the difference between psychics that are cons and, ahem, psychics that are not?

I imagine you fancy yourself the latter?

ROTFFL
Unfuckingbelievable you are Ed.

"Insanity spill on aisle four please"

Yeah, I'm real. If I do a tarot reading, you get what I get, not what I think will keep you coming back and paying more. And my readings are free. If I cast a spell for you, then you get my honest attempt and the best that I can do, and I don't charge any money for that.

Now, maybe you don't believe any of that is true, so you wouldn't come to me for that. But the one thing I'm not is a fraud. I don't sell miracle spring water; I don't charge for psychic services or counseling, and I do all of it with the honest belief that I am serving you and God in the process. Even if I suck at it. Argue
17-12-2014, 12:01 AM
(16-12-2014 03:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Did you type.....champion homosexuality....followed with....."deteriorate further"????

I can't even....

Shut up. Just shut up & i might let you live, you homophobic ass.
Jesus!!!
Does not the drop-ins of idiots never cease?

Fcuk!!!!

Too stupid. I miss Taq!

Yeah, and fuck you, I did. Championing a sexual orientation is ridiculous, especially today. You think I'm homophobic. Fuck you. Censored
17-12-2014, 12:07 AM
How old are you Gordon? 12? 13?

That is how old the last time I believed that psychic powers, magic, and the Illuminati were real.....well....with the illuminati I had Deus Ex to blame for that since I got into an almost cult like worship of that game that still lingers today. Even PC mag says its the best game that was ever made.

Also, you need to remember, what you think counts as evidence is not. If it cannot be observed, tested, repeated, and the math matched up to it with peer reviewers confirming it. Than it does not count as actual proof, nor evidence.

Evidence: Noun - the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

God has nothing to support his existence under that definition or any definition of scientific evidence.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
17-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Another thing about Gordon I like, he has great emoticons.
We need to implement some of these.

[Image: oscar.png]
17-12-2014, 12:09 AM
(17-12-2014 12:01 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Did you type.....champion homosexuality....followed with....."deteriorate further"????

I can't even....

Shut up. Just shut up & i might let you live, you homophobic ass.
Jesus!!!
Does not the drop-ins of idiots never cease?

Fcuk!!!!

Too stupid. I miss Taq!

Yeah, and fuck you, I did. Championing a sexual orientation is ridiculous, especially today. You think I'm homophobic. Fuck you. Censored

YOU ARE A DICK GORDO!
17-12-2014, 12:13 AM
(16-12-2014 07:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid701950

It's time. It's time I have my first official challenge.

Be there this Friday to watch a bloody Massacre!!!!!!

Read my response in that post. You haven't challenged me to anything. You've challenged me to challenge you. Sorry, but I'm in five atheist groups. Any one of them would explode if I posted in them. So who the fuck are you that I should give you undivided attention?

Now, if KC challenged me or if GirlyMan challenged me, that would be different. I'd say Stark Raving, but I won't fight with him. I don't know. God has some favor with him, which I don't get. But that's God for you.

I'd debate BuckyBall, but I don't think he can hold himself together enough for a debate, but he's been here long enough and he's smart enough--if he would just...hang on.

But you? Who the fuck are you? Laugh out load