Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-12-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 01:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Just an FYI to everyone not familiar with Gordo here, he made up his own religion. Yes, it's loosely based on the bible but with it he can duck and dodge any argument against christianity with ease, plus he has a strong background in ancient and modern day woo including but not limited by tarot, mysticism and the like. The idiocy is strong with this one.

It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year. As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

(14-12-2014 01:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  awesome, how is that different then the other 40,000+ versions of christianity? The irony kills me..."this is the word of god!"....but wait, the book has changed so many times, so many scriptures removed and added, so much forgery, so many disproven stories...no no non believer, that is because you are not able to understand and comprehend gods message...well evidently neither can the christians as they have divided into over 40k versions of interpretation of the same book.....I always love how each christian when asked about another group of christians say, "Oh they arent TRUE Xtians"...lol

Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that, and I may want to call you demon-possessed, but that doesn't make it so. What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist. The Church made me a Veridican. God uses the Church, and always has, but Christianity isn't the way. The life and teachings of Jesus are the way. And Christianity has very little to do with that. No

(14-12-2014 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And dream interpretation - don't forget that.

Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy

What like the saviour that was simultaneously born in bethlehem because he lived their, nazareth, and lived in nazareth and went there for a census. Oh but I'm sure that's completely out of context and having 3 mutually exclusive accounts for the birth of Jesus in each gospel can be interpreted to fit what you already believe.

"A witty quote means nothing"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 02:54 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year.

So, another 10-15 years and it'll be time to think about writing the first gospel.
Thumbsup

Quote:I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be.

We could lock you & The Q Continuum in a room and let you battle it out. Two theists enter; 1 theist leaves.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
14-12-2014, 02:57 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

You follow a dead man who was nailed to a couple of sticks, spit upon, and shamed by the Romans?

To each his own, I guess. At least here you are getting a couple responses to all your woo, whereas on your own forum nobody seems interested.

Eh Edward?

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-12-2014, 03:07 PM
(14-12-2014 12:26 PM)Gordon Wrote:  ... God gives us a purpose here on earth. I’ll be dead soon enough. Until then, I’ll do what he created me for

That's a tedious dead end. Not appealing to any irreligious mind that finds its own purpose and fulfillment, usually in endeavors that enrich the experience of life, not impoverish it.

You don't have any confidence in your own imagination to find enjoyment, and one can only pity a soul so bereft it can't have fun without "approval".
14-12-2014, 03:18 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It's called Veridicanism.

You called it that. The rest of the world calls it crap heresy.

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

Sure you are. And the billions of others are not. You are seriously mentally ill.
"The Church" ... really ? Like all three of them ?

Thanks for the holiday humor.
You really are an intentional Poe. You can't possibly be serious.

(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  "That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel."

Time to up your meds. Facepalm

LMFAO

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-12-2014, 03:27 PM
(14-12-2014 02:04 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 01:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Because he took the time to write his own scriptures, I gotta admit I'm impressed by his level of commitment to his own insanity. You're not just dealing with another denomination, it's another demon nation entirely.

ahhhhhh so what you are implying is.....

[Image: 24l94e9.jpg]

YesYesYes

I don't think stupid describes Gordon accurately, more like egocentric, judgmental, self-serving, quixotic, delusional, sociopathic and bi-polar just to name a few things off the top of my head.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-12-2014, 03:30 PM
For the sake of all involved I feel you should know this is being documented on his own forum.

http://veridican.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=71

14-12-2014, 03:32 PM
(14-12-2014 03:30 PM)tear151 Wrote:  For the sake of all involved I feel you should know this is being documented on his own forum.

http://veridican.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=71

Yes, I also pointed that out in my last post.

He's alone over there ...

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-12-2014, 03:36 PM
(14-12-2014 03:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 02:04 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ahhhhhh so what you are implying is.....

[Image: 24l94e9.jpg]

YesYesYes

I don't think stupid describes Gordon accurately, more like egocentric, judgmental, self-serving, quixotic, delusional, sociopathic and bi-polar just to name a few things off the top of my head.

Please don't use mental health problems as insults, it generates stigma toward the genuinely bi-polar.

14-12-2014, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 03:42 PM by Full Circle.)
(14-12-2014 03:36 PM)tear151 Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 03:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't think stupid describes Gordon accurately, more like egocentric, judgmental, self-serving, quixotic, delusional, sociopathic and bi-polar just to name a few things off the top of my head.

Please don't use mental health problems as insults, it generates stigma toward the genuinely bi-polar.

I'm not insulting him, I'm describing him based on my interactions with him in the past.

Edit: I described his wild mood swings to a psychiatric nurse and she suggested that his actions fit with a person with the disorder. Mind you we were just chatting and she never read my interactions with him.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce