Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-12-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Atheistic Derangement: The Shit Does Happen
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 01:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Just an FYI to everyone not familiar with Gordo here, he made up his own religion. Yes, it's loosely based on the bible but with it he can duck and dodge any argument against christianity with ease, plus he has a strong background in ancient and modern day woo including but not limited by tarot, mysticism and the like. The idiocy is strong with this one.

It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year. As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

(14-12-2014 01:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  awesome, how is that different then the other 40,000+ versions of christianity? The irony kills me..."this is the word of god!"....but wait, the book has changed so many times, so many scriptures removed and added, so much forgery, so many disproven stories...no no non believer, that is because you are not able to understand and comprehend gods message...well evidently neither can the christians as they have divided into over 40k versions of interpretation of the same book.....I always love how each christian when asked about another group of christians say, "Oh they arent TRUE Xtians"...lol

Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that, and I may want to call you demon-possessed, but that doesn't make it so. What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist. The Church made me a Veridican. God uses the Church, and always has, but Christianity isn't the way. The life and teachings of Jesus are the way. And Christianity has very little to do with that. No

(14-12-2014 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And dream interpretation - don't forget that.

Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy

"The life and teachings of Jesus are the way"

Truly? and how do you come to know of jesus? Which jesus by the way, since 1 in 20 were named jesus back then, and there were at least 4 that were self proclaimed "prophets." The mythical jesus of nazareth, if he even existed historically, was a false prophet anyway. Although, let me quantify that statement with the fact that ALL proclaimed prophets are false. I can claim I am the second coming of spongebob, but that doesn't make it true. Lets look at jesus...

The Bible claims that Jesus made the following comment:

Matthew 16:28

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Jesus also advised against going to court over someone who steals something and also told people not to store up stocks or reserves for the future. Clearly, he thought the end was very near.

Likewise, Paul advised followers not to marry and that the end time was near. In this scripture he obviously believes that some of the people he is talking to will still be alive at the second coming.

I Thessalonians 4: 16-18

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

The obvious fact is that the second coming was not forthcoming at that time, or even close to being near. The 2000-year delay is a strong piece of evidence that Christianity is a failed religion.

The following quote from Stephen L. Harris, Professor Emeritus of Humanities and Religious Studies at California State University- Sacramento, completes this point with a devastating argument. Remember that Jesus was a Jew who had no intention to deviate from the Hebrew scriptures:

“Jesus did not accomplish what Israel’s prophets said the Messiah was commissioned to do: He did not deliver the covenant people from their Gentile enemies, reassemble those scattered in the Diaspora, restore the Davidic kingdom, or establish universal peace (cf.Isa. 9:6–7; 11:7–12:16, etc.). Instead of freeing Jews from oppressors and thereby fulfilling God’s ancient promises—for land, nationhood, kingship, and blessing—Jesus died a “shameful” death, defeated by the very political powers the Messiah was prophesied to overcome. Indeed, the Hebrew prophets did not foresee that Israel’s savior would be executed as a common criminal by Gentiles, making Jesus’ crucifixion a “stumbling block” to scripturally literate Jews. (1 Cor.1:23)”

Jesus’ immediate followers, mostly his 12 disciples, probably did not immediately identify this failure, because after Jesus’ body was likely stolen and concealed, a rumor spread that Jesus had been resurrected from the dead. A sense of optimism overcame their grief about his execution and renewed some hope that he was a true messiah. If they had known then that there was to be no return in the near or long-term future, they likely would have abandoned any further activity. Despite this resurgence in their faith, they never agreed with Paul’s concept of Jesus as being divine. Anything written in the Bible to suggest that they did is probably a result of later editing by some of Paul’s followers. Such a belief would have been an exceptional departure from the Jewish faith.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Ed, have you succumbed (no that's not a sex joke)to even further delusions of grandeur.Loosen up a bit, stop accusing atheists of crass perversions and fecal fantasies. Strange place to start.

As Jesus is sole, oops soul savior as you say, all the religions of the Book are wrong while (loosely based on Christ's alleged teachings).. I am wondering as to how Hinduism, Zarathustrianism, Daoism, the Mormons, Christian scientists,Rosicrucians,Theosophists, latter day Templar Knights, and even Hubbard's mob fit within your definition of atheists. Are they perhaps poo worshippers and serious deviates too?

As for Jesus; how do you make your specific 'right' assessement ,given that the gospels were written several decades past his death, tend to be contradictory, and have been interpreted differently ad nauseum by thousands of denominations and sects, including the Church's founding fathers?
14-12-2014, 04:15 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist.

You can't know how every atheist arrived at their own conclusion.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-12-2014, 04:22 PM
(14-12-2014 04:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Ed, have you succumbed (no that's not a sex joke)to even further delusions of grandeur.Loosen up a bit, stop accusing atheists of crass perversions and fecal fantasies. Strange place to start.

As Jesus is sole, oops soul savior as you say, all the religions of the Book are wrong while (loosely based on Christ's alleged teachings).. I am wondering as to how Hinduism, Zarathustrianism, Daoism, the Mormons, Christian scientists,Rosicrucians,Theosophists, latter day Templar Knights, and even Hubbard's mob fit within your definition of atheists. Are they perhaps poo worshippers and serious deviates too?

As for Jesus; how do you make your specific 'right' assessement ,given that the gospels were written several decades past his death, tend to be contradictory, and have been interpreted differently ad nauseum by thousands of denominations and sects, including the Church's founding fathers?

Come on you guys, aren't you paying attention? Gordon has been personally "visited" by Jesus. Sheesh.

Now I have to find where he said this. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-12-2014, 04:23 PM
(14-12-2014 04:15 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist.

You can't know how every atheist arrived at their own conclusion.

Yeah, like what's he talking about?

I became an atheist because of the excellent atheist food and atheist clothing.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
14-12-2014, 04:27 PM
(14-12-2014 12:26 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 02:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Like you didn't know that.

Dodgy

I didn't. But the British say, "Happy Christmas." I lived in England from 1982-1990.

(14-12-2014 07:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  You haven't changed, you haven't learned a thing. Still making your ridiculous, childish generalizations.

How long before your next temper tantrum? Consider

Before my next temper tantrum? What do you call this? And I know atheists and atheism inside and out. In fact, I doubt there is any theistic apologist who knows them like I do.

(14-12-2014 08:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh Egor, you are so off base still it's not funny anymore. After all this time, you still haven't learned that us heathens are a totally mixed bag and don't have a common denominator except for the "no gods" bit. Are you really that dense that you can't see that after all the time you have spent here? Disappointed. Undecided

It's like addicts. They all start with different personalities, but end up, eventually with the same one. It's a type of demon possession really. Atheism becomes possession eventually as well.

(14-12-2014 09:10 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome back! Merry Christmas.

Thanks KidC. You, too.

(14-12-2014 09:43 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So much for the hope of a kinder, gentler Egordon. *sigh

That would serve no one. Not you, not me, not God.

(14-12-2014 09:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, Ed. Welcome back and Merry Christmas.

Try to not make a big mess this time around.

Like my mentor, I haven’t come to bring peace but rather a sword. Run now while you can. Just close this whole forum down, go home and repent. Do you still consider yourself a Christian KC?

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to you, too.

(14-12-2014 10:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's like asking Godzilla to please tread lightly through Tokyo. Shit just ain't gonna happen KC...

Good point. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

(14-12-2014 11:08 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I could go to a Christian forum, make shit up, and post it there just like you did here. But I don't. Who's the bad one now... Drinking Beverage

No you couldn’t . They wouldn’t let you stay in the group. Christians can’t stand up to scrutiny. That’s what you atheists rely on. That’s why most of you are anti-religionists and not really atheists. You see the bullshit of the Church, and you rebel against it, but then you walk out into nothingness. You don’t realize they stole Christ from you; and you don’t realize that by walking away into pseudo-atheism you sealed the deal for them. They put you up on the roof of a building, screamed at you to jump --and then you did it.

(14-12-2014 11:55 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You're not actually serious are you?

Of course. I’ve watched this derangement for 20 years. The longer one is an atheist, eventually, bit by bit, they lose their humanity. It’s a demonic effect. It’s a spiritual and mental disease.

Now, that’s assuming one is an actual atheist and not just an anti-religionist. That’s assuming they really have stopped believing in God and don’t just front like they have, all the while yelling at God when they’re alone in their car, driving down the freeway.

(14-12-2014 12:01 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  has the virtue of being direct, but it's all over within five minutes, and nothing left to do for the rest of your life but wait for that oh-so-desperately-longed-for death. I've never been able to understand why the devout who look forward to a heavenly paradise hang around on earth, waiting for it to happen to them instead of taking some initiative and stepping in front of the bus that will take them there. True madness.

Bullshit. God gives us a purpose here on earth. I’ll be dead soon enough. Until then, I’ll do what he created me for. As an atheist, I’m surprised you don’t go put your sperm in a freezer and take a handful of pills. What the hell else is there to do? Right? Life has no purpose. It has no meaning, not if God isn’t there. You just go from one painful tragedy to the next. You just keep waiting for the next shoe to drop, and it always does, doesn’t it? Now, personally, I’d rather you put the pill bottle down and face the truth: Just because you don’t want God to exist doesn’t stop the fact that He does.

I dont see ANYone here losing their humanity.
In fact, I'm not certain you know what you're talking about.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
14-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Quote:It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year. As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

You know what Catholics say about the other Christians? Same thing you just said. There are over 30,000 sects of Christianity in the world and your lame ass knock off is nothing more than a sect of Christianity. If you worship any deity by the name of Yahweh, Jesus, Christ, or GOD. Than you are a Christian.

You are using a no true scottsman logical fallacy. Shame on you.

Quote:Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that, and I may want to call you demon-possessed, but that doesn't make it so. What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist. The Church made me a Veridican. God uses the Church, and always has, but Christianity isn't the way. The life and teachings of Jesus are the way. And Christianity has very little to do with that. No

No true scottsman, Strawman fallacy...and well...sigh...yeah.Drinking Beverage

Quote:Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy

In other words, you didn't agree with the literal interpretation of the bible, so you decided to choose from something else that you DID like instead and substitute anything out from that religion for something else you like better, call yourself this new thing and then deviate from it at the same time.

Oh, and it is 20 years old? So, basically you are saying that god waited over 4 billion years to make humans, than all that stuff in the bible, and all the other religions before it happened and it has taken us until 1994, taken us 198,006 fucking years to "get it right?" Are you really this fucking insane? Delusional? Stupid?

You need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee child, because you....ARE...IN...A...CULT!!!!!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
14-12-2014, 05:16 PM
(14-12-2014 02:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 01:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Just an FYI to everyone not familiar with Gordo here, he made up his own religion. Yes, it's loosely based on the bible but with it he can duck and dodge any argument against christianity with ease, plus he has a strong background in ancient and modern day woo including but not limited by tarot, mysticism and the like. The idiocy is strong with this one.

It's called Veridicanism. It's 20 years old this year. As for Christianity--no matter what I have said in the past, let me make this clear. I am not a Christian. I am a Veridican. I am a true follower of Jesus. Christians are not. They cannot be. Most of them want to be, but the Church does not allow for that.

(14-12-2014 01:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  awesome, how is that different then the other 40,000+ versions of christianity? The irony kills me..."this is the word of god!"....but wait, the book has changed so many times, so many scriptures removed and added, so much forgery, so many disproven stories...no no non believer, that is because you are not able to understand and comprehend gods message...well evidently neither can the christians as they have divided into over 40k versions of interpretation of the same book.....I always love how each christian when asked about another group of christians say, "Oh they arent TRUE Xtians"...lol

Again. I'm not a Christian. You may want to call me that, and I may want to call you demon-possessed, but that doesn't make it so. What's funny, is you think you came to atheism on your own. You didn't. The Church made you an atheist. The Church made me a Veridican. God uses the Church, and always has, but Christianity isn't the way. The life and teachings of Jesus are the way. And Christianity has very little to do with that. No

(14-12-2014 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And dream interpretation - don't forget that.

Yep. That was the second spiritual gift I was given. The first was an ability to see into the mysteries of the Gospel. Sleepy

Wait a minute, wasn't there astrology, too?

So you are saying: "More Jesus, less religion"?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-12-2014, 05:25 PM
(14-12-2014 12:45 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Blah blah you atheists blah blah

Recently, in many atheist forums blah blah blah Facepalm

....More blah blah blah....
No God=No authority=no mandate for morality=freedom=hedonism=dissatisfaction with physical life=hopelessness=psychological defenses=madness.

Come away from it, people. For the love of God; for the love of yourselves. Turn and blah blah....

Odd, I'm a happy hedonist. I've been spanked for Jesus before. Regularly in fact.

Hmm...Consider

Interesting...I just made a connection I'd never noticed before.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-12-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 06:06 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
I am an atheist because I have an open mind...education in the myth will give you clarity, and peace...when you learn that this subjugation by fear called religion is false, and that jesus never existed, all the major miraculous stories of the bible can be disproven, and you can trace the lie back to its very inception through the study of biblical historicity....you learn to evolve beyond the delusion..as I did...close minded is one who refuses to acknowledge the plethora of superior evidence to the contrary...and chooses to believe the lies anyway...the definition of blind faith. In your case, you just change it to meet your wishes...and this is "true faith?" Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post