Atheistic Peace.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Rainbow Atheistic Peace.
The atheist sees death as a liberating merging into oblivion or extinction,.......a peaceful unknowing: not unlike the Hindu concept of Nirvana, "a freedom from pleasure or pain"
Our science, to many atheists based on the initial premise of a Big Bang occurring 15.75 billion years ago, along with an evolving humanity which developed logic, maths, and science is proof paramount that oblivion indeed does occur. Is not 15.75 billion years of evolutionary growth and the analysis of such not adequate for the sceptic? Science, maths and logic have been exercised!
How can such strong scientific evidence possibly be ignored.

Conversely the fundamentalist Christian holds that the good will inherit eternal life( that's much more than a squillion years) while the bad will endure even longer torture.
Aren't you glad your'e an atheist? Even worse, according to one major Christian group, even those doing good will not be exempt from eternal torture, as God makes a capricious decision in this matter.Check out Calvinism. Lots of donkey carrots and vile threats in the more generalized scenario too. All this and not one scerrick of scientific proof.
Now for the scientific atheist we can go back 15.75 billion years in history and come up with a highly exacting scheme to things which puts things in perspective and US in our right place. 15.75 billion years is more than adequate, is it not?
The end product of this period of evolution has produced doyens of knowledge, absolute polyglots, such as Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennett, and Flew. Oops Flew did, in his eighties, drop the baton turning to the other side. Quite rightly Dawkins claimed that one flew over the cuckoo's next and, to add insult to injury, that Antony was employing a Ghost Writer...................so much for that!

I think I have made it patently clear that atheism is the best and only tenable position, based on our accrued sense of knowledge, science, maths, and experience gleaned over 15.75 billion years. There is no room for dissent! Science rules OK!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Atheistic Peace.
13.798±0.037 billion years ago Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-08-2014, 04:19 PM
(04-08-2014 06:00 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  13.798±0.037 billion years ago Wink

Quite so Hafnof,quite so!
Good science demands precision, precision, precision!

It's a danged shame about some of those smart bombs though........
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
(04-08-2014 05:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The atheist sees death as a liberating merging into oblivion or extinction,.......a peaceful unknowing: not unlike the Hindu concept of Nirvana, "a freedom from pleasure or pain"
Our science, to many atheists based on the initial premise of a Big Bang occurring 15.75 billion years ago, along with an evolving humanity which developed logic, maths, and science is proof paramount that oblivion indeed does occur. Is not 15.75 billion years of evolutionary growth and the analysis of such not adequate for the sceptic? Science, maths and logic have been exercised!

Conversely the fundamentalist Christian holds that the good will inherit eternal life( that's much more than a squillion years) while the bad will endure even longer torture.
Aren't you glad your'e an atheist? Even worse, according to one major Christian group, even those doing good will not be exempt from eternal torture, as God makes a capricious decision in this matter.Check out Calvinism. Lots of donkey carrots and vile threats in the more generalized scenario too. All this and not one scerrick of scientific proof.
Now for the scientific atheist we can go back 15.75 billion years in history and come up with a highly exacting scheme to things which puts things in perspective and US in our right place. 15.75 billion years is more than adequate, is it not?
The end product of this period of evolution has produced doyens of knowledge, absolute polyglots, such as Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennett, and Flew. Oops Flew did, in his eighties, drop the baton turning to the other side. Quite rightly Dawkins claimed that one flew over the cuckoo's next and, to add insult to injury, that Antony was employing a Ghost Writer...................so much for that!

I think I have made it patently clear that atheism is the best and only tenable position, based on our accrued sense of knowledge, science, maths, and experience gleaned over 15.75 billion years. There is no room for dissent! Science rules OK!

The first statement is flawed. I see nothing liberating about death. If I had it my way I wouldn't die.
09-08-2014, 03:04 PM
(09-08-2014 11:09 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 05:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The atheist sees death as a liberating merging into oblivion or extinction,.......a peaceful unknowing: not unlike the Hindu concept of Nirvana, "a freedom from pleasure or pain"

The first statement is flawed. I see nothing liberating about death. If I had it my way I wouldn't die.

Perhaps an attachment to 'the self' for eternity, as posited by the fundamentalist Christians would become intolerably boring..........
Life extension in this secular world too, may have some disadvantages. Cryonics...?
A soul (monad) that is ever evolving, using living material beings to do so, seems a saner idea. There are many problems here of course, including how any on going betterment is determined,by whom (what) and how this could be justified.
Is a metaphysical evolution akin to a material one feasible?