Atheistic Relapses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 02:20 PM by BlackMason.)
Atheistic Relapses
Sometimes I can't help but think "Oh shit, god exists". You know when one thing goes from bad to worse? Thats when I think these things. The perpetual let downs that life hits you with. Curve balls, always the goddamn curve balls. When my luck just goes to hell and it seems determined to stay there, thats when I can't help but wonder "This shit ain't random. Someones out to get me". The way this world's so fucked up, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a malevolant devil and no goody-two-shoes god. Duality is bullshit. We all entertain the idea of god/no god. What about there just being a devil only?

Do you guys ever go through rotten patches in life that get you thinking "What the hell! Is god fucking me because I'm atheist coz this shit right here be an extra fucking"?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
02-12-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: Atheistic Relapses
Conditioning.

If I saw somebody have a serious accident I might say "Jeeeezzuussssss"

The only religion I had taught to me was through school and was not re-enforced by any of my family.

Conditioning Yes

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Nope. Never.

Except on the golf course. Then I know that the golf gods are fucking with me. They're evil. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-12-2013, 03:04 PM
(02-12-2013 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. Never.

Except on the golf course. Then I know that the golf gods are fucking with me. They're evil. Angry

Burn their Golf Club down?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
(02-12-2013 02:15 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Sometimes I can't help but think "Oh shit, god exists". You know when one thing goes from bad to worse? Thats when I think these things. The perpetual let downs that life hits you with. Curve balls, always the goddamn curve balls. When my luck just goes to hell and it seems determined to stay there, thats when I can't help but wonder "This shit ain't random. Someones out to get me".

That's... maybe a problematic attitude, there.

(02-12-2013 02:15 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Do you guys ever go through rotten patches in life that get you thinking "What the hell! Is god fucking me because I'm atheist coz this shit right here be an extra fucking"?

Atheism as a demographic correlates with both wealth and education. So it's not atheists in general God has a problem with - just you. Tongue

... this is my signature!
02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
all the time, but I embrace my irrational brain, that keeps the demons away

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
(02-12-2013 03:04 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. Never.

Burn their Golf Club down?

I have been tempted. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah I've had moments like that...

I hit real pit 2 years ago, really dark anxiety and depression... The thought did cross my mind that I was being punished by God.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
No, I don't think I've ever felt this way.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
(02-12-2013 04:26 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Yeah I've had moments like that...

I hit real pit 2 years ago, really dark anxiety and depression... The thought did cross my mind that I was being punished by God.

Then, in such times of trouble, one must ask one's self ... if this god is so great... why must he kick a man when he's down?

Doesn't sound like a god to me; doesn't sound loving or powerful. Why would I or anyone worship such a vicious, cowardly piece of shit?

It is perhaps those things we think of ourselves, to kick ourselves when we are down, that we attach to this god someone made up for us. This god takes all responsibility for the good shit, why not take responsibility for the bad shit but still... make it our fault? Our shame is that this god is made in our image so we have difficulty figuring out what's real.

The best thing to do is hang on to the rational mind ... it will help us to know exactly who is in the mirror. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post