Atheistic and Theistic Universes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Atheistic and Theistic Universes
(07-03-2015 01:38 PM)Transfinite Wrote:  ...
Wouldn't these creatures be justified in believing they live in a theistic universe that was created by an intelligent designer?

Might they believe that? Quite probably.

Is that belief justified? Nah!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-03-2015, 09:28 PM
(07-03-2015 01:38 PM)Transfinite Wrote:  Greetings! This is my first thread and I hope it isn't too silly! If we live in a multiverse as some cosmologists claim, is it possible there may be other universes with a different configeration that allows for the evolution of beings that are far superior to us in ability? Is it possible that these superior beings could create model universes of an inferior design that replicates worlds similar to ours with its own semi-intelligent little creatures? Wouldn't these cretures be justified in believing they live in a theistic universe that was created by an intelligent designer? Of course, I believe it is logically impossible for such superior creatures to possess the attributes of a perfect and eternal God, but I can envisage the less than perfect inhabitants of a more complex universe making crappy little imperfect worlds like the one we live in!

Note: I have aa slight vision problem and typing is very difficult for me. Please excuse any typing mistakes I may hae made.

TransfiniteSmile[/size]

"Please excuse any typing mistakes I may hae made."

No. Why shood we?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 09:40 PM
(07-03-2015 02:19 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Universe/Multiverse logically impossible because something can't come out of nothing.

Except you special plead your god being able to do just that.
"Something can't come out of nothing" is meaningless.
"Coming out of" is a temporal reference, and assumes time is already extant.
A god "acting" refutes its infinite character, as there is a "point" in the infinite past/future where it acted. Try to take a Philosophy course some time, hun.

Actually dimwittedaniac misunderstood the OP. The answer is yes. IF there were a deity, there is no reason an "almighty god" could not have made a race of robot universe makers who were less perfect than one might wish, and viola. You get what we see: Cancer, illness pain, meaningless suffering. Damn gods.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-03-2015, 09:41 PM
(07-03-2015 09:28 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 01:38 PM)Transfinite Wrote:  ...
Please excuse any typing mistakes I may hae made.
No. Why shood we?

Too bee plite.

Tongue

07-03-2015, 11:23 PM
You can invent all kinds of scenarios with a multi- verse at your side, but what you need to do is observe what is real first before you go looking for fantasy

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-03-2015, 12:16 AM
(07-03-2015 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 02:19 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Universe/Multiverse logically impossible because something can't come out of nothing.

Except you special plead your god being able to do just that.
A god "acting" refutes its infinite character, as there is a "point" in the infinite past/future where it acted. Try to take a Philosophy course some time, hun.

Actually dimwittedaniac misunderstood the OP. The answer is yes. IF there were a deity, there is no reason an "almighty god" could not have made a race of robot universe makers who were less perfect than one might wish, and viola. You get what we see: Cancer, illness pain, meaningless suffering. Damn gods.

God transcends logic.

Truth seeker.
08-03-2015, 02:55 AM
So you finally admit that your god is illogical and imaginary. Good step in the right direction.

I'm proud of this accomplishment

Gold star for you.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-03-2015, 04:35 AM
(08-03-2015 12:16 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Except you special plead your god being able to do just that.

God transcends logic.

Prove it, Diddles.
Your statement itself is a logic claim about the gods. It's the UNIVERSE he's talking about, not the gods. And we KNOW that the universe ultimately, is non-intuitive to human brains.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-03-2015, 05:00 AM
(07-03-2015 02:49 PM)Transfinite Wrote:  To give an example, all of the positive and negative numbers add up to zero even though they individually deviate from nothingness.

It depends how you do it:

0 + (1 + -1) + (2 + -2) + ... = 0 ?

But

(0 + 1) + (-1 + 2) + (-2 + 3) + ... = ???

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-03-2015, 07:41 AM
No, it doesn't depend on how you do it.
All the positive numbers added to all the negative numbers = 0