Atheistic arguments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2015, 10:15 AM
RE: Atheistic arguments
(30-05-2015 10:07 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 05:42 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Expect derision when you make baseless posits lacking substantiation.

So is that how you treat people you meet face-to-face when, in your opinion, they make baseless posits lacking substantiation? When you meet someone at a cafe for example?

The OP pointed out how atheist positions do not have the support of science since science can't support existential arguments, and so logically, when we're talking about existential questions, they are as much conjecture as their religious counterparts. That being my perspective, you're in the same position as me as far as scientific support is concerned; making baseless posits lacking scientific substantiation.

And then there are these posters writing sob stories about how I've dehumanized atheists in my OP. The hypocrisy is a bit overwhelming here.

Look pal, YOUR OP listed a bunch of unsubstantiated garbage, claiming you were using atheist arguments and then PRETENDING to answer your fake make up bullshit. The answer is YES. If someone came to me in real life with lies, they would get derision. You can whine your lips off, baby. You ARGUMENTS are FAKE, and you are a FAKE liar. People EARN respect. You get none.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2015, 10:18 AM
(30-05-2015 10:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:10 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  You got it. Well, to be clear, I'm saying you can't scientifically defend your position, and neither can I. As far as I'm concerned, atheist positions are as much conjecture as their religious counterparts when it comes to existential questions, since science can't support existential arguments.

That's why the practical and more openly honest position is one of not knowing. And not making assertive claims to one regard.

Yes, from your perspective, I'm sure that seems like the logical way to go. From my perspective, you're making negative claims that amount to absurdity, since the existence of God is a natural, logical conclusion to me.
30-05-2015, 10:21 AM
(30-05-2015 10:18 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's why the practical and more openly honest position is one of not knowing. And not making assertive claims to one regard.

Yes, from your perspective, I'm sure that seems like the logical way to go. From my perspective, you're making negative claims that amount to absurdity, since the existence of God is a natural, logical conclusion to me.

Good for you. No one cares what your (ignorant) perspective is. So you came here, repeated a bunch of lies about atheist claims, and then expect others to respect your point of view. You are 12, aren't you ? What appears to you to be logical is irrelevant. You have offered nothing to support any of your positions.

Dismissing bullshit ideas such as 1957 Chevys orbiting Pluto, (which makes as much sense as the gods) is NOT "making negative claims".
You've been indoctrinated by fundies to think that way.
It's just dismissing stupid ideas. Dismissing stupid ideas is not making claims.
You are dismissed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2015, 10:26 AM
(30-05-2015 10:18 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's why the practical and more openly honest position is one of not knowing. And not making assertive claims to one regard.

Why would you except anything that's seems a natural logical conclusion for sure?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-05-2015, 10:37 AM
And BTW, I still say he's a sock puppet of this :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rum--32345

30-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Hddd who are you trying to convince? Us? No yourself, yes. You are trying g to convince yourself there is a god and writing it out on an atheist forum and trying to get them to agree with you is you trying to convince yourself there us a god.

You are stuck on a Mary go round and you want to stay because your supposed to but you have to convince yourself that its right. So you try to convince others to join you and if you can then you've proved to yourself there us a god to stay on the Mary go round.
30-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Hdd- When I'm in my living room listening to music and having a beer on a relaxing Saturday , I observe and experience the reality around me. From the paint on the walls to the watermark left on the coffee table from a cold glass of beer.

Should a religious friend come over to have a beer, instantly god is everywhere in the room now. From the choice of paintings on the wall to the arrangement of furniture , this person sees everything as a god assisted task. Even the beer was crafted only by the hand of god.

Now it's clear and obvious that all of this is going on directly inside his imaginative mind.

Another friend could arrive and comment that the spirit of an ancient soul must have influenced my choices.

Another arrives and sees everything as works of the devil. The couch too comfortable, the paintings too provocative , even the blank canvas proves to be a problem, possessed by an evil demon.

We all share some beers and watch the big game on tv.

Despite their imaginative minds, we all root for the same team and feel just as let down when they lose.

Human minds are imaginative. The realization of this fact allows me to find joy in the actual things that exist. I find joy in truth. I don't need to dress it up in lies.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
30-05-2015, 11:22 AM
(30-05-2015 10:10 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 12:00 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  So you want us to scientifically defend our non-belief but refuse to defend your belief scientifically?

You got it. Well, to be clear, I'm saying you can't scientifically defend your position, and neither can I. As far as I'm concerned, atheist positions are as much conjecture as their religious counterparts when it comes to existential questions, since science can't support existential arguments.
So you came here to say that there is no discussion to be had, so let's discuss the fact we can't discuss it.

Hmm.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
30-05-2015, 12:29 PM
(30-05-2015 11:22 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:10 AM)hddd12345678910 Wrote:  You got it. Well, to be clear, I'm saying you can't scientifically defend your position, and neither can I. As far as I'm concerned, atheist positions are as much conjecture as their religious counterparts when it comes to existential questions, since science can't support existential arguments.
So you came here to say that there is no discussion to be had, so let's discuss the fact we can't discuss it.

Hmm.

Well, that's one way to put it. I prefer: developing a frame for existential arguments.
30-05-2015, 12:31 PM
(30-05-2015 11:22 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  

Hmm.

Actually all "ideas" are generated in human brains. As such they *can* be the subject of scientific inquiry, as brains are the subject of scientific inquiry. Ideas concerning "existential questions" are learned behaviors, and brain patterns, and can easily be observed happening under various Neurological scanning mechanisms. The "content" of the "arguments" can be discussed easily with respect to their validity. Whatever the content is, it's irrelevant. Logic alone is worthless, as has been demonstrated here.