Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 03:59 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
RE: Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God
from theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic and then back again...

not interested in trolling anyone or mouthing people off ...I explore, nothing more, no less Cool

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 04:06 AM
(23-12-2013 03:44 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  from theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic and then back again...

In the interests of exploration... could you please enlighten me as to how you separate what you believe from what you know?

This is not a trick question. No agenda, here.

23-12-2013, 04:15 AM
(23-12-2013 04:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:44 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  from theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic and then back again...

In the interests of exploration... could you please enlighten me as to how you separate what you believe from what you know?

This is not a trick question. No agenda, here.

I only know... that I know nothing.

but I love music... play guitar... from planet earth... Virginian...

nice to me you

Hands Of Dust
23-12-2013, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 05:37 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
reformulate... back on topic.

Atheism;

1.) Do you believe in God? - (No) = true

2.) Which God(s) do you not believe in? (None) or (all of them) = true

Atheism recognizes Polytheism, it is kind of silly to atheist, very understandable.

If a Polytheist or a Monotheist could give you proof of at least one God or of their Gods.

Which evidence is required of criteria to prove to the atheist that a Monotheists God, or one of a Hindu Polytheist Gods is real? (pick any Hindu's are usually an easy target)

or pick the Monotheistic God.

98% of the planet believes something a minority does not...

I am interesting in discovering what that is and what is satisfactory evidence or proof.

this is not even Socratic y'all and he's an oldschool idol of mine (pun intended)

~~~

[Image: GodVishnuVenugopal%20Statue%20playing%20fluteimage.jpg]

after learning much from alot of Indian's whom I have worked with, I learned that the multiple arms pretty much represent "movement" similar to a moving picture in a figurine.

Hands Of Dust
23-12-2013, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 09:16 AM by anonymous66.)
please delete
23-12-2013, 07:24 AM
So you're a sockpuppet of PJ?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-12-2013, 09:00 AM
A god would have to be capable of fulfilling all of its described qualities in a testable way.
For instance, if the god Helios were to be proven as true, he'd have to be capable of reliably carrying our star in a carriage in a circular orbit around the planet.
As was said again and again, the proof asked would depend upon the qualities of what has to be proven.
23-12-2013, 09:47 AM
(21-12-2013 11:26 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  I often times ask myself that if I am to choose a solid philosophical belief system or ideal instead of bouncing all about the place over truly the only 3 outlooks (Theism, Agnostic, Atheism)
(21-12-2013 11:43 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  in short, today I am agnostic and wondering what I would require or what I am looking for when others say God or Creation.

I fall back to atheism alot, often times when I get pissed about what to do with knowledge acquired or when I see what theists would call (evil) in the world.

Which god(s) do you believe in? If you do not believe in any god(s), then you are atheist. You can be agnostic in your theism or atheism, but agnosticism isn't some middle ground between theism and atheism. Theism is a binary switch. Either you're a theist or an atheist.

Asking me if I'm atheist or agnostic is like asking me if my car is silver or a hatchback. They're not mutually exclusive. It can be both.
23-12-2013, 10:31 AM
(23-12-2013 12:12 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 03:22 PM)kim Wrote:  What is it to you how someone else defines anything?

If you seek something that most people here don't believe well then, you are on your own.

This is a very important question I do not think most realize?

Again the answer has to be so simplistic, not more than a sentence or a single word long.

What is the criteria which must be met to prove God?

This can only come from non-believers and their sect, the likes of Richard Dawkins, Hitchens or Harris.

This is a very simple question... what is satisfactory evidence?

If I should provide multiple choice options again let me know...

One day you will learn that just because you claim something, doesn't make it so.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 10:39 AM
(23-12-2013 12:30 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  this site says "thinking atheist"

an atheist does not believe in theism (a specific theism I am really not concerned with)

what we have on planet earth is a global majority of theists (who cares what kind of theists?)

if there was some sort of mock trial or suddenly we were thrust back into the inquisition days, any good defense lawyer would want to know what it would take to have atheists believe what the majority believes?

only the hardline atheists whom I would represent could give me this data... and I may be able to protect them with it, spare them the crucifixion and maybe have them excommunicated or something?

or in more recent terms... even Sir Flinders Petrie got sympathy amongst the Arabs and was the first who measured the Pyramids, in a Tutu dress! ...because Muslims have a certain sympathy or understanding for people who are different or like we say "challenged individuals"

[Image: maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop