Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God
(22-12-2013 01:06 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  I do not get most of my history from Wiki, I'm known to fact check.
Funniest thing you have said so far. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
23-12-2013, 11:32 AM
(23-12-2013 12:12 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 03:22 PM)kim Wrote:  What is it to you how someone else defines anything?

If you seek something that most people here don't believe well then, you are on your own.

This is a very important question I do not think most realize?

Again the answer has to be so simplistic, not more than a sentence or a single word long.

What is the criteria which must be met to prove God?

This can only come from non-believers and their sect, the likes of Richard Dawkins, Hitchens or Harris.

This is a very simple question... what is satisfactory evidence?

If I should provide multiple choice options again let me know...

If you want to know the criteria to prove "something", then you have to define the "something" - in this case "God". Several people have asked you to define what you mean by "God" in the OP and you have failed to answer any of them. Without defining "God", your question is not possible to answer. So, either define it, or STFU!

I can say definitively:
I have proof that God exists - enough to be 100% sure.
I have proof that God does not exist - enough to be 100% sure.
I don't know whether God exists, but I have seen no evidence to support that it does.

All of those statements are true and accurate - depending on how you define "God"...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
23-12-2013, 12:40 PM
(23-12-2013 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you're a sockpuppet of PJ?

No, but he is a sock puppet of The_Thinking_Theist // RBF // KillKillKilltoTheThird // ALMASSAH //Buvey et al. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-12-2013, 12:54 PM
(23-12-2013 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you're a sockpuppet of PJ?

No, but he is a sock puppet of The_Thinking_Theist // RBF // KillKillKilltoTheThird // ALMASSAH //Buvey et al. Drinking Beverage

Well, the OP sure sounds like an I&I-style question. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 02:16 PM
What the fuck is this? These guys just can't get enough of us, or something?

"Banned again!?! Time to make a seventh account! This time I'll win them over!"
23-12-2013, 03:56 PM
TTT was a mental case IMO. Could actually hold a decent convo in his incarnation as TTT. But when he got banned for sockpupetting he was all 'I'm a legendary troll'... Since he's fucked in the head, he probably keeps returning to annoy the shit outta us (& being fucken *obvious*) because he wants to get on some 'ultra banned' list or some retarded shit like that - he was boasting about how all over the net there's a 'ban on sight' policy for him... I think he just wants some sorta acknowledgement that outta all the trolls we've ever encountered he's the biggest tit of them all...

All of which is rather a pity - when he was plain ol' TTT he was quite fun and fairly likeable...

Fuck 'im Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2013, 04:07 PM
(23-12-2013 03:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  TTT was a mental case IMO. Could actually hold a decent convo in his incarnation as TTT. But when he got banned for sockpupetting he was all 'I'm a legendary troll'... Since he's fucked in the head, he probably keeps returning to annoy the shit outta us (& being fucken *obvious*) because he wants to get on some 'ultra banned' list or some retarded shit like that - he was boasting about how all over the net there's a 'ban on sight' policy for him... I think he just wants some sorta acknowledgement that outta all the trolls we've ever encountered he's the biggest tit of them all...

All of which is rather a pity - when he was plain ol' TTT he was quite fun and fairly likeable...

Fuck 'im Dodgy

TTT is gonna have to work a HELL of a lot harder to rate as even a single drop of the festering ooze from a pimple on Markuzes ass.
23-12-2013, 04:12 PM
(23-12-2013 04:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  TTT is gonna have to work a HELL of a lot harder to rate as even a single drop of the festering ooze from a pimple on Markuzes ass.

Don't encourage the bugger Tongue Who's Markuz ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2013, 04:30 PM
(23-12-2013 04:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 04:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  TTT is gonna have to work a HELL of a lot harder to rate as even a single drop of the festering ooze from a pimple on Markuzes ass.

Don't encourage the bugger Tongue Who's Markuz ?

Just another angry xtian prick trolling from Mommy's basement, but with a LOT of time on his hands....

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dennis_Markuze

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 06:24 PM
(23-12-2013 12:48 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 05:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am not an atheist any more but when I was for me it would be great evidence if I saw God or an angel with my own eyes and He would speak to me.
But then I saw an angel. So what?
I can tell myself that it was hallucination. Or may be day dream?

The best evidence for me is influence of Holy Ghost.

I appreciate your input...

ghost (gst)
n.
1. The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.
2. The center of spiritual life; the soul.
3. A demon or spirit.
4. A returning or haunting memory or image.

part of number 1 says it can be believed to appear as Casper the friendly Ghost.

but surely does not encompass the entire definition... a ghost can be a returning memory, shell-shock say?

so Ghosts are real = God is real

Solved?
Not at all. I was not talking about ghosts. But that is OK.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection