Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God
(23-12-2013 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you're a sockpuppet of PJ?

No, but he is a sock puppet of The_Thinking_Theist // RBF // KillKillKilltoTheThird // ALMASSAH //Buvey et al. Drinking Beverage

???

I don't know how I could assure y'all otherwise...

where they cool?

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 09:45 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(23-12-2013 02:16 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What the fuck is this? These guys just can't get enough of us, or something?

"Banned again!?! Time to make a seventh account! This time I'll win them over!"

Most I have met here, on a hardline atheist forum have been alot different for the most part and I guess the topic title could be perceived as trolling, I'll agree to that.

In fact you folks here are quite different, you value freedom of speech which is really cool, although the people wearing the pants I can make out where it says they are mod or anything so how am I supposed to avoid their inquiry?

I've been on all kinds of forums, and the agnostics are alot different than either the extreme right or extreme left. I don't know what's changed since I was a younger adult but I could have sworn everyone not so long ago back in the day were agnostic, if people even talked about it at all.

I don't hate y'all because you have a permanent stance... I am just trying I guess to figure out what has changed so recently.

Happy New Year

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
23-12-2013, 11:30 PM
"Hey, I've got a knock-knock joke. Say 'Knock-knock'."

"OK, Knock-knock."

"Who's there?"

"Who?"

"You don't get that joke? All right, I'll try another."

"Say "knock, knock".

What?

Say 'knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"No, no, no. You say 'knock, knock'."

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Who?"

"No..."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 11:36 PM
(23-12-2013 09:29 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  No, but he is a sock puppet of The_Thinking_Theist // RBF // KillKillKilltoTheThird // ALMASSAH //Buvey et al. Drinking Beverage

???

where they cool?

No, you aren't.

24-12-2013, 12:43 PM
(21-12-2013 11:26 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  I often times ask myself that if I am to choose a solid philosophical belief system or ideal instead of bouncing all about the place over truly the only 3 outlooks (Theism, Agnostic, Atheism) that I need to place criteria on all 3 before I make a decision. This thread will attempt to discover and determine what it is that philosophical atheism would accept as proof...

When it comes to my atheistic side I can't quite define what it is I would accept as evidence of God (or) gods and theistic creation.

I would like to get some advanced ideals from solid atheists on this matter... anyone can chime in of course but I prefer those who are rooted solid in one ideology or the other.

I am kind of in limbo but consider myself all 3 ideologies... if I am allowed to use it to describe my thoughts? I like them all, and often times one day to the next.

It's a probability figure that proves god is unlikely to exist. The question of god's existence isn't a 50-50. God might exist in a completely different form, and have a completely different personality. Literally anything is possible to be the creator of the universe. The universe might have popped into existence like a bubble. Information like that is tough to trace, although scientists did a good job at it so far. Until the possibilities of a potential creator are narrowed down, they are infinite.

God is one possibility out of an infinite number of possibilities, and that is why he's unlikely to exist.
[+] 2 users Like Khalid Al Eisa's post
24-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Your name is "live hidden," your avatar is a wanna-be Illuminati reference, your signature is a link to Communism (which theists seem to think is synonymous with atheism), you keep slipping and referring to "those atheists" and "their kind," you're conveniently leaving out the 12% nonreligious stat in your argumentum ad populum fallacies, and your refusal to acknowledge other users' points while structuring your own in a familiar way...

[Image: PF-henry_1418152c.jpg]
(Older users will get that)

...and the verdict is you're clearly a theist, possibly a sock puppet from a former member.

Atheists "seek the truth" by trying to trace the history of the universe using the methods at our disposal. You seem to "seek the truth" by trying to find out which of the man-made gods are least ridiculous. You ask the atheist definition of God so that you can claim we reject Him - another theist red flag. Atheists have been presented with thousands of gods and have seen to reason no believe in any of them.

You want to know my (an atheist) definition of god? Well my mom's god takes a personal interest in white, heterosexual people and helps them survive cancer. My older sister's god is more of a general force rather than anthropomorphic. My youngest sister's god is probably a genie shooting lightning bolts at enemy zebras (she hasn't done any research and so her beliefs are just a way to not ostracize herself from the family more than actual beliefs). God is personal concept, ie. existing in the constructs of a personal mind. There are 30,000 different sects of Christianity alone, and within those 30,000 sects there is disagreement on a person to person basis.

So when you ask us to define the god we reject, you're asking us to pick one at random from a list of the hundreds of thousands we've been presented with.

Logical fallacy aside, it's still not 3% vs 97%. It's 3% vs .1% vs .1% vs .1%...

So if you want to be in the majority, become an atheist.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
24-12-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 02:28 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(24-12-2013 01:27 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  you're conveniently leaving out the 12% nonreligious stat in your argumentum ad populum fallacies, and your refusal to acknowledge other users' points while structuring your own in a familiar way...

religion and theism are two separate practices (things) theism doesn't have to be a practice, it is a "belief" religion is a practice.

everything following is therefore dismissed and I basically didn't even read it Smile

flawed logic is evidence which is to be dismissed or not even entered into record or debate. (only facts work)

everything following is obviously based on assumption and the speakers own personal feelings about any given issue.

here is logic...
24-12-2013, 02:21 PM
(23-12-2013 11:36 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:29 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  ???

where they cool?

No, you aren't.

Truth or Honesty never seems to be cool... I agree.

but I'm not any of those posters mentioned.

I assume people don't like my avatar? is a representation of the "trinity" uncool or suspicious?
24-12-2013, 03:06 PM
(24-12-2013 02:21 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 11:36 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  No, you aren't.

Truth or Honesty never seems to be cool... I agree.

My point exactly. You have neither.

Quote:but I'm not any of those posters mentioned.

I really don't give a flying fuck if you aren't , and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You're still a prick.

Quote:I assume people don't like my avatar? is a representation of the "trinity" uncool or suspicious?

I don't like your disingenuous, equivocating, quibbling, evasive, punk-ass bullshit. And I don't like you.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-12-2013, 03:15 PM
(24-12-2013 02:19 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  everything following is therefore dismissed and I basically didn't even read it Smile

Run away, little Fail Troll.

Quote:here is logic...

You wouldn't know logic if it stuffed you with a mackerel.