Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God
(22-12-2013 12:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Really? THAT unimaginative, eh?

yes... there are truly only 3

99.7% of the planet is theistic and I like to address them as one, I prefer no one theistic interpretation or description of (It) over the other.

the world forces only 3 cards... it's how it goes, cuts down on confusion.

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2013, 12:41 AM
(21-12-2013 11:43 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  it would probably be best if we started of by stating our philosophy?

in short, today I am agnostic

I am not so sure that you are being truthful. Kindly convince us otherwise.

Quote:and wondering what I would require or what I am looking for when others say God or Creation.

Sorry, this statement doesn't really make sense. If you were indeed agnostic, then, frankly, who gives a shit.

Quote:I fall back to atheism alot, often times when I get pissed about what to do with knowledge acquired or when I see what theists would call (evil) in the world.

OK, that sort of makes a little bit of sense, but it still seems quite vague. And, considering the rest of what you said, still not convincing of any sort of attempt at intellectual honesty. Sorry, just sayin.

Quote:I more often do not know what I am looking for.

If this is an honest statement, you might consider whether there is any need at all to "look for".......anything. By that, I mean that the sentiment you seem to convey presumes some sort of feeling of vague "emptiness" or need, which really isn't necessarily there at all.

I wonder if you are making a reference to the idea expressed in the U2 song, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".
---which I wouldn't criticize you for, but if that is th ecase and you are being sincere, I might be able to offer a few suggestions to explore.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-12-2013, 12:47 AM
(22-12-2013 12:32 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 12:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Really? THAT unimaginative, eh?

What. because you say so? I am not convinced.

Quote:99.7% of the planet is theistic

Citation of source(s) needed.

Quote:and I like to address them as one,

But clearly they are not one.

Quote:I prefer no one theistic interpretation or description of (It) over the other.

....(It)....? Please explain.

...and yes, you should also explain why you would lump all "ITs" together, since each competing "It"' tends to claim that is is the only "It".

Quote:the world forces only 3 cards... it's how it goes, cuts down on confusion.

Sorry to disabuse you of your illusions, but it really doesn't.

22-12-2013, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 12:53 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
I am being honest as I know truth and fact to be,

some say their are 2.3% atheists in the world... should I join a minority even still?

I wish not to bring different theist beliefs into the discussion, they are all one to me (theist)

as the post title states, what do the 2.3% need others to give them? and even for the majority theists to give to the agnostics to convince them of their truth?

I am tying to be as simple as I can about this, I wish to attack no one... I seek this wisdom for many purposes.

percentages aside... what do atheists need as evidence of God or Creation?

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 12:49 AM
(22-12-2013 12:47 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  I am being honest as I know truth and fact to be,

Sorry, that sounds way too much like:

22-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Sanity does not rest in popularity.
22-12-2013, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 12:59 AM by Hafnof.)
(22-12-2013 12:32 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  

99.7% of the planet is theistic and I like to address them as one, I prefer no one theistic interpretation or description of (It) over the other.

the world forces only 3 cards... it's how it goes, cuts down on confusion.

Where are you getting your figures from. Even conservipedia puts the number of atheists worldwide at somewhere between 2% and 5%: http://www.conservapedia.com/Global_atheism

But putting all theists in the one bucket is disingenuous. All you really end up doing is asking people "do you believe in some higher power", and most will say yes. If you ask which higher power people believe in they'll divide themselves sharply, over and over again. If you allow doctrinal differences to be counted you'll find atheism being among the most popular (non) beliefs out there, if not the most popular.

(22-12-2013 12:47 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  some say their are 2.3% atheists in the world... should I join a minority even still?

Why do you think we would care about what you label yourself? Atheism isn't evangelical. It only even really needs a name when religious dogma intrudes on public life and must be rejected.

(22-12-2013 12:47 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  percentages aside... what do atheists need as evidence of God or Creation?

Well, pick one. Tell me what you want to believe and I'll think about what it would take for me to accept it. Do you want me to believe in your god? Do you want me to believe in a specific deist god? What evidence are you proposing to put forward? Maybe I can meet you half-way.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
22-12-2013, 12:57 AM
(22-12-2013 12:47 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  percentages aside... what do atheists need as evidence of God or Creation?

(21-12-2013 11:35 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Proof of what specifically? That some deity exists? That a specific deity exists?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-12-2013, 01:09 AM
(22-12-2013 12:57 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [quote='Chippy' pid='448312' dateline='1387690539']
Proof of what specifically? That some deity exists? That a specific deity exists?

what do atheists need as evidence that a deity exists?

what is the criteria?

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 01:18 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
a statue of Buddha is a deity and the statues exist...

solved?

[Image: great_buddha_statue.jpg]

Deities are depicted in a variety of forms, but are also frequently expressed as having human form.

Hands Of Dust