Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Atheistic evidence or criteria for proof of God
(22-12-2013 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 12:14 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  this is noble, very admirable... Buddha certainly exists and Buddhism is theistic.

the thread can be about any religion or god really, there are so many versions of them it's alot of times hard to take in.

Is a statue all the evidence you need that Buddha exists? it is not so confusing for the masses I believe.

I have nothing against Buddha or his statue... my neighbor has one.

Why do you keep repeating this? You have told by a Buddhist that Buddha was not a god and Buddhism is not theistic.

Are you just fucking stupid?

I'm not a buddhist... but have read on Buddhism. Have friends who are buddhist. None of them believe in Buddha as a god. Most of them are atheists, don't believe in a god. It wasn't rocket science to understand that buddha isn't a god after you read a little into it.

But people who are incapable of changing their stance on something in light of new evidence obviously lack critical thinking skills. Obviously not worth engaging.

In the event someone actually wants an answer from Buddhanet... here's an actual answer they get asked and even in their FAQ: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda03.htm

But he'll probably ignore that too.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2013, 12:39 PM
(22-12-2013 12:04 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 07:14 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  As several atheists have already stated:
Evidence Equal to the Claim

If you continue preaching while ignoring the replies and you will be exiled to the dark and damp beneath your bridge.
ok... I got that far yes. I do understand.

so what's the claim again? I haven't made any statements about god except what I have heard others say.

I bring you no god, yes this is true.

Thank you for not bringing me a god. It saves me having to ignore it.

You asked what evidence an atheist would need to believe in a god. You have not specified one but have asked us to provide you with a response suited to any or all gods. A generic reply has been given to you:

Theist: God exists!
Atheist: Show me concrete evidence.

If you want a more specific answer you will have to ask a more specific question.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-12-2013, 12:42 PM
(22-12-2013 12:08 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 08:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Folks, this is likely a sock puppet of someone who's been here before.
I recognize the weirdness of the word use and arguments.

dude! don't even go there

can you attempt to answer the great riddle?

if not you might not want to run around everywhere calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll or whatever.

we're better than this... it's uncool.

I went there, and I'm going there. You won't last long.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
22-12-2013, 01:06 PM
(22-12-2013 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 12:14 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  this is noble, very admirable... Buddha certainly exists and Buddhism is theistic.

the thread can be about any religion or god really, there are so many versions of them it's alot of times hard to take in.

Is a statue all the evidence you need that Buddha exists? it is not so confusing for the masses I believe.

I have nothing against Buddha or his statue... my neighbor has one.

Why do you keep repeating this? You have told by a Buddhist that Buddha was not a god and Buddhism is not theistic.

Sir...

I prefer a majority for my truth and fact about reality.

again I need not paste any links. just google and read "majority" or more mainstream articles about the topic, I am not an educator or preacher nor a teacher, I am a seeker.

the highest leaders in Buddhism have spoken over wiki, and alot of people like Neil Tyson are just tired of fighting a loosing battle everytime someone who in not a Buddhist or Agnostic or Physicist edit their disposition in a Wiki article.

I do not get most of my history from Wiki, I'm known to fact check.

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 01:14 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(22-12-2013 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 12:08 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  dude! don't even go there

can you attempt to answer the great riddle?

if not you might not want to run around everywhere calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll or whatever.

we're better than this... it's uncool.

I went there, and I'm going there. You won't last long.

am I being profane against you, or trying to exert authority with profanity?

my kids tried that, before they all grew up and moved out.

your language alone is cause for removal from the community on more shall I say properly conducted discussion areas on the internet.

profanity - it's the flag of capitulation.

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:21 PM
(22-12-2013 12:24 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I used to hold to the claim that Buddhism was non-theistic, but that statement is both true and untrue. As is most concepts within Buddhism, making it a veritably complex system that most often makes no logical sense.

this is probably more closer to the truth than I care to discuss... Buddhism is just dragged into all kind of crap you know? lets just leave those folks out of this particular conversation, since it is known most atheists (including myself) admire or have a certain affinity to Buddhism.

I am looking for criteria more geared to a God that exists or is more prevailing in the atheists native language... English for instance, Western Civilization or the gods they do not believe in more commonly.

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:23 PM
(22-12-2013 01:06 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you keep repeating this? You have told by a Buddhist that Buddha was not a god and Buddhism is not theistic.

Sir...

I prefer a majority for my truth and fact about reality.

again I need not paste any links. just google and read "majority" or more mainstream articles about the topic, I am not an educator or preacher nor a teacher, I am a seeker.

the highest leaders in Buddhism have spoken over wiki, and alot of people like Neil Tyson are just tired of fighting a loosing battle everytime someone who in not a Buddhist or Agnostic or Physicist edit their disposition in a Wiki article.

I do not get most of my history from Wiki, I'm known to fact check.

The majority opinion or view is not necessarily a good guide to the truth.

Try fact-checking a little further. I see they banned your ass over at atheistforums.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Buddhism is a religion and a religious practice

let's leave those poor folks out of this, can't they get no peace?

if atheism is non theistic and Buddhism is non theistic then what is the deal here?

Atheist would have no criteria of God in Buddhism to bring me or any of us for that matter for what they would need to believe in Buddha.

those peaceful people are not on trial here, if the hard-liner atheists wouldn't mind concentrating on something they have more knowledge about.

let's shift this to Monotheism.

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 01:45 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(22-12-2013 01:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  The majority opinion or view is not necessarily a good guide to the truth.

that is untrue, specially in discussions such as this, where opinions are trying to be gauged.

I can't even get a start! no hard-line atheist can tell me what they need as proof of God and we are on page 7 or 8 now.

what's the deal with that...?

and yes I have prayed to Mod and the spirit of TTA to put in a good word for me over at AForg concerning the fact of letting me exist.

I am an atheists mind you... a thinking atheists and I have a hard time accepting anything at all.

Hands Of Dust
22-12-2013, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 01:54 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
I am a BASTARD! I kind of like everything that is good or Just... I'm a freakin' Hedon!

am I not allowed to be an individual? I'm not a Catholic or a Satanist, or a Muslim. I have no religion! and I am now leaning to hard-line "Agnostic" as my prevailing view, specially in light of this discussion...

maybe Neil Tyson is right?

Hands Of Dust