Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 07:41 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Atheists And The Moon
(08-05-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oops! Sorry, I wrote SA instead of Statistical Science:

Contemporary discussion and controversy around one specific encryption method became widespread in 1994 when Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips and Yoav Rosenberg published a paper, "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis", in the scientific journal Statistical Science. The paper, which was presented by the journal as a "challenging puzzle", presented strong statistical evidence that biographical information about famous rabbis was encoded in the text of the Book of Genesis, centuries before those rabbis lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

Oh for fucks sake! As if these texts aren't pathetic enough reading what they do say, people like you are looking for hidden messages in them! Why don't you grow up? Haven't you got something worthwhile to do with your time? A lawn to mow?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
08-05-2013, 08:41 PM
(08-05-2013 06:13 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oops! Sorry, I wrote SA instead of Statistical Science:

Contemporary discussion and controversy around one specific encryption method became widespread in 1994 when Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips and Yoav Rosenberg published a paper, "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis", in the scientific journal Statistical Science. The paper, which was presented by the journal as a "challenging puzzle", presented strong statistical evidence that biographical information about famous rabbis was encoded in the text of the Book of Genesis, centuries before those rabbis lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

Oh for fucks sake! As if these texts aren't pathetic enough reading what they do say, people like you are looking for hidden messages in them! Why don't you grow up? Haven't you got something worthwhile to do with your time? A lawn to mow?

I have but one comment: DATA MINING

It's used in stock picking and now scripture reading...who knew?

I suppose if you ran the letter sequence of any book enough times through a perpetually modified algorithm you can eventually get it to say whatever the fuck you want.

Use third, fourth and eleventh letter of every sentence on even pages and every first and ninth letter in every odd page except when it falls on the first page of a new chapter in which case use the fifth and fourteenth letters and voila! You get the winning horses at Saratoga on the second race on May 3rd of last year! Or the names of rabbis.

Yup, sounds legit.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:You are trying really hard to be an idiot.

Not at all, sir. You repeated the question re: classification several times to me before I left on a break last week. What conversation do you feel I'm ignoring you in? I apologize. I will try to respond very promptly.

Thanks.
09-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:I have but one comment: DATA MINING

I suppose if you ran the letter sequence of any book enough times through a perpetually modified algorithm you can eventually get it to say whatever the fuck you want.

Use third, fourth and eleventh letter of every sentence on even pages and every first and ninth letter in every odd page except when it falls on the first page of a new chapter in which case use the fifth and fourteenth letters and voila! You get the winning horses at Saratoga on the second race on May 3rd of last year! Or the names of rabbis.

Yup, sounds legit.

Question: Do you think I or any other Christians considered that possibility and looked at the codes skeptically before exploring more?

Being born again means starting from a non-Christian perspective. We were all once freethinkers or something different if we're truly born again.

I do not consider the Bible codes of great importance but as an indication of God's towering intellect. God didn't mind that most people didn't have an interest in the codes for millennia; the codes may rather be an end times marker or as Daniel 12 says, "Knowledge will greatly increase in the last days" [paraphrase].

The Bible codes are statistically beyond data mining. I've read a few books about them, am reading one currently, and went into the Hebrew and Greek a little for myself to find ELS and other interesting codes.

I'd rather talk about my relationship with God, plain fulfilled prophecies, etc.

Thanks.
09-05-2013, 06:41 AM
I am actually embarrassed fro you PJ that you brought up the bible code. Sincerely embarrassed. thousands upon thousands of predictions that didn't come true could be found in the texts. It all just depends on what you are looking for.
09-05-2013, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 07:00 AM by Full Circle.)
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I have but one comment: DATA MINING

Yup, sounds legit.

Question: Do you think I or any other Christians considered that possibility and looked at the codes skeptically before exploring more?

Being born again means starting from a non-Christian perspective. We were all once freethinkers or something different if we're truly born again.

I do not consider the Bible codes of great importance but as an indication of God's towering intellect. God didn't mind that most people didn't have an interest in the codes for millennia; the codes may rather be an end times marker or as Daniel 12 says, "Knowledge will greatly increase in the last days" [paraphrase].

The Bible codes are statistically beyond data mining. I've read a few books about them, am reading one currently, and went into the Hebrew and Greek a little for myself to find ELS and other interesting codes.

I'd rather talk about my relationship with God, plain fulfilled prophecies, etc.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Did you just say Christians looked at something skeptically? NoLaughat

And wait there's more, did you say in your own PJ way that you don't place much importance on God's towering intellect? Consider

And where would one look up the peer reviewed paper where it says that these bible codes are statistically beyond data mining? Huh

As far as a personal relationship with God you can talk about it till the cows come home, but it's not testable.

Finally I thought we already covered what the word prophesy means therefore making your argument moot.

I have a prophesy...I prophesize that you will continue to espouse non testable assertions, provide no observable proof, or design any repeatable experiment that conclusively shows supernatural phenomena to exist.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-05-2013, 06:59 AM
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I do not consider the Bible codes of great importance but as an indication of God's towering intellect. God didn't mind that most people didn't have an interest in the codes for millennia; the codes may rather be an end times marker or as Daniel 12 says, "Knowledge will greatly increase in the last days" [paraphrase].

One other thing, didn't this whole clusterfuck with God and man start because we ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge? Consider

09-05-2013, 07:51 AM
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I do not consider the Bible codes of great importance but as an indication of God's towering intellect. God didn't mind that most people didn't have an interest in the codes for millennia; the codes may rather be an end times marker or as Daniel 12 says, "Knowledge will greatly increase in the last days" [paraphrase].

Said the guy who knows how embarrassing that shit really is, and how "out in left field" it makes him look. He's been doing the "fulfilled prophesy" crap since the day he got here, even though the role of a prophet was not to predict the future.

Said the guy who also stated he had a prophesy that predicted the EXACT day Jebus would die .. yet refuses to state it.

Said the guy who never once posted similar tests with even ONE other text.

Said the guy who loves to make a fool of himself and his bizarre cult.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Question: Do you think I or any other Christians considered that possibility and looked at the codes skeptically before exploring more?

Answer: No. Thumbsup

I looked at the codes. At the code pages.
If I were evil and shit
I'd propagate the word of Gwynnite
lickedy-split.

Which is to say, it is using an algorithm on yer conformation bias. Not a good thing. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-05-2013, 08:26 AM
(09-05-2013 08:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 06:37 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Question: Do you think I or any other Christians considered that possibility and looked at the codes skeptically before exploring more?

Answer: No. Thumbsup

I looked at the codes. At the code pages.
If I were evil and shit
I'd propagate the word of Gwynnite
lickedy-split.

Which is to say, it is using an algorithm on yer conformation bias. Not a good thing. Thumbsup

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Damn, that was too easy! Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post