Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
RE: Atheists And The Moon
(09-05-2013 08:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 08:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Answer: No. Thumbsup

I looked at the codes. At the code pages.
If I were evil and shit
I'd propagate the word of Gwynnite
lickedy-split.

Which is to say, it is using an algorithm on yer conformation bias. Not a good thing. Thumbsup

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Damn, that was too easy! Smartass

It's too fucking disturbing, is what it is.

If you believe in eugenics, you coulda eliminated me at birth; but at least one purpose of the insane mind is to warn the commons. Of the insane mind.

Kinda self-fulfilling prophecy. But fuck no, people that propagate this kinda baloney, are people like me. And you don't want that. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I'll rephrase my question here then.

Is classification at all levels of the Linnean Classification scheme (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species) real or is it a human construct?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
(09-05-2013 09:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'll rephrase my question here then.

Is classification at all levels of the Linnean Classification scheme (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species) real or is it a human construct?

Real.

Human construct. Before infinity, we build a bridge. You know where I get god could exist? Void. But if the prime mover cannot move, we have to go there. We are the sequence to its simultaneity.

So, no. If yer speaking science, conservatism wins in a tie. If yer speaking to me, I gotta do more research. Voids fuck with physics. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Did you just say Christians looked at something skeptically?
I'm sorry if you've formerly dealt with easy-believing dolts. By definition, to be born again means starting from a skeptical perspective. No one has a testimony "God showed Himself to me and I just jumped right on board."

Quote:And wait there's more, did you say in your own PJ way that you don't place much importance on God's towering intellect?
No, I wrote that God's awesome mind is shown in the codes. This [the codes] is not of grave importance.

Quote:And where would one look up the peer reviewed paper where it says that these bible codes are statistically beyond data mining?
The magazine I cited showed statistical significance in finding the rabbinical names and dates in the Torah. I think you're confusing the opportunity for a "peer reviewed" piece that says "God exists". This will not happen, at this time peer review pieces can only say something is yet unknown (cannot find a natural explanation for it as present).

Quote:As far as a personal relationship with God you can talk about it till the cows come home, but it's not testable.
It's empirically testable. Millions of people tested it as [sincere] skeptics. Some of them are on this forum witnessing to you. If you don't want to "really" test it, that's your issue. I'll be here to help you if I can.

Quote:Finally I thought we already covered what the word prophesy means therefore making your argument moot.
We covered that for two millennia both believers and skeptics understood the plain face sense of about 1/3 of the Bible, which is written in future tense. I'm sorry but pushing prophecy to only mean "encouragement" or "exhortation" is actually impossible.

When did the 200 million mounted troops come from Revelation?

When did Jesus return and liberate Israel politically and make it head of the nations? E.g. this was Bucky's big thing this week--Jesus did NOT liberate Israel so He did not fulfill the PROPHECY.

Quote:I have a prophesy...I prophesize that you will continue to espouse non testable assertions, provide no observable proof, or design any repeatable experiment that conclusively shows supernatural phenomena to exist.

Your prophecy is false (and also spelled incorrectly). I'm able to design an experiment, you just don't want to DO the experiment. Sorry.
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm able to design an experiment, you just don't want to DO the experiment. Sorry.

Is that like the prophesy about the day Jebus died, that you said you had, and lied about ?

What was the day, SPJTJ ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:Is classification at all levels of the Linnean Classification scheme (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species) real or is it a human construct?

The act of classify-ing is real/I accept it/grew up with this logical schema. All current classifica-tions are subject to change. Sometimes a species is considered to move to a new assignment potentially based on characteristics. A tomato is in the Kingdom of all other flora but is considered to be a vegetable and at other times a fruit... Does my response make sense to you?
09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
(09-05-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Is classification at all levels of the Linnean Classification scheme (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species) real or is it a human construct?

The act of classify-ing is real/I accept it/grew up with this logical schema. All current classifica-tions are subject to change. Sometimes a species is considered to move to a new assignment potentially based on characteristics. A tomato is in the Kingdom of all other flora but is considered to be a vegetable and at other times a fruit... Does my response make sense to you?

No. That is not what I am talking about. I am saying that the level of species is both poorly defined as a real entity in nature and that species are mutable and are contingent upon time.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
09-05-2013, 02:04 PM
(09-05-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

But I posted this new version of my question before you responded on the other thread. You can just stick to answering there if you like.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Several people have raised this prophecy issue:

Daniel predicts crucifixion date:

http://www.rusearching.com/nostradamus/n...fdeath.htm

Isaiah 42:9 is one specific mention of prophecy as forthtelling events:

Behold, the former things have come to pass,
And new things I declare;
Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

The context is 42:1-8 about the Messiah's coming:

“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the prison,
Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
8 I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images.

Jesus remains a "light to the Gentiles", a "relief for prisoners", and the heavens are "stretched out" still--with an expanding universe and galaxies moving away from all points.
09-05-2013, 03:17 PM
(09-05-2013 02:06 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Isaiah 42:9 is one specific mention of prophecy as forthtelling events:

Behold, the former things have come to pass,
And new things I declare;
Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

The context is 42:1-8 about the Messiah's coming:

Jesus remains a "light to the Gentiles", a "relief for prisoners", and the heavens are "stretched out" still--with an expanding universe and galaxies moving away from all points.

Too bad the Jews, whose ancestors wrote the OT, don't buy into Jesus as the messiah. And that it's been over 2000 years since his death, but he still hasn't returned "soon" like he promised. Guess hell isn't full enough yet, or there hasn't been enough earthly misery to go around, eh?

Yes, I know the ways Biblical "scholars" and theologians have tried to tap-dance around these issues, using apologetics and NT passages that portray the Jews as refusing to see the truth, or going the whole "a thousand years is like a day to God" route. Whatever.

Plus, going by Occam's Razor, how much easier is it for some oppressed sap longing for the appearance of a messiah - *any* messiah - to read the OT and craft a gospel or epistle proclaiming that one actually showed up? There were various competing accounts about Jesus and his teachings back in the day, but it took centuries for a consensus to build up around a certain set of writings - conveniently rubber-stamped and controlled by an organized elite. Seems more like a case of pattern recognition and dominance vs. prophecy or divine intervention.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post