Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Atheists And The Moon
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No, I wrote that God's awesome mind is shown in the codes. This [the codes] is not of grave importance.

The magazine I cited showed statistical significance in finding the rabbinical names and dates in the Torah. I think you're confusing the opportunity for a "peer reviewed" piece that says "God exists". This will not happen, at this time peer review pieces can only say something is yet unknown (cannot find a natural explanation for it as present).

Dude, you need to stop with the Bible Code nonsense. You would be laughed out of my mainstream evangelical seminary for spouting that kind of hogwash, so how do you think it'll play with actual skeptics? No serious apologist will touch the code stuff because it simply undermines any establishment of credibility. Besides, the Scriptures themselves are hard enough to comprehend and follow, what with all these different versions and translations - why add another level of obfuscation?

Quote:It's empirically testable. Millions of people tested it as [sincere] skeptics. Some of them are on this forum witnessing to you. If you don't want to "really" test it, that's your issue. I'll be here to help you if I can.

Many have not only tried Christianity, but lived it with all their might (or "let go and let God"), and eventually found the whole thing wanting. I'm one of them, and there are certainly others here that can make the same claim. But of course, we were "never really saved" or were otherwise weak-minded or blinded by sin, right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Meh, the general consensus "Jesus story" is a red herring, anyway.
He was a Seth descendent from Barbelo. Judas knew it. Judas was the only guy with any fucking sense; the other 70... they went with "the story" - it made better book.

People, running around, following their little mouse trails for thousands of years... what a waste. Star Trek is better for today but I can already see fuckers fighting about that, too. I fucking hate that new preStar Trek crap. Cep that guy who played Bones; he was hot. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Pleasy said he had a DATE. I see no DATE. None of them refer to Jebus as he did not get the one job done a messiah was supposed to get done. So he's out.
Next.

The connection between SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll and the moon, is that that both are all about "lunacy", as he is a lunatic. He would/should know what he's talking about here. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-05-2013, 05:39 PM
The Apollo astronauts were NOT scientists- they were astronauts. They were just the ones chosen to fly the spacecrafts. They did NOT do any of the calculations or engineering involved in this huge project, the literally just flew the ships. Plus, the great USSR, an atheist nation, launched the worlds first satellite, Sputnik, and had the worlds first man in space, way before america did. And also, Dawkins is right, yolo, so don't waste it. I wouldn't want to waste eternity sucking up to god anyways.
N
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
(09-05-2013 02:06 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Several people have raised this prophecy issue:

Daniel predicts crucifixion date:

http://www.rusearching.com/nostradamus/n...fdeath.htm

Isaiah 42:9 is one specific mention of prophecy as forthtelling events:

Behold, the former things have come to pass,
And new things I declare;
Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

The context is 42:1-8 about the Messiah's coming:

“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the prison,
Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
8 I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images.

Jesus remains a "light to the Gentiles", a "relief for prisoners", and the heavens are "stretched out" still--with an expanding universe and galaxies moving away from all points.

Jeebus was killed by gentiles. He must have hated their guts.

Your head is in the clouds...in lala land.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 07:54 PM
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Did you just say Christians looked at something skeptically?
I'm sorry if you've formerly dealt with easy-believing dolts. By definition, to be born again means starting from a skeptical perspective. No one has a testimony "God showed Himself to me and I just jumped right on board."

Testimony? What the hell does that even mean? You are testifying to the voices in your head! I find it ironic how you trash others that believe, truly a piece of work this Christianity of yours.

Quote:And wait there's more, did you say in your own PJ way that you don't place much importance on God's towering intellect?
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No, I wrote that God's awesome mind is shown in the codes. This [the codes] is not of grave importance.

I'm quoting you "I do not consider the Bible codes of great importance but as an indication of God's towering intellect."

According to you God uses His great Intellect to insert hidden codes but YOU don't believe they hold much importance. Consider Your going to burn in Hell for that one its written in the Code. Yes

Quote:And where would one look up the peer reviewed paper where it says that these bible codes are statistically beyond data mining?
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The magazine I cited showed statistical significance in finding the rabbinical names and dates in the Torah. I think you're confusing the opportunity for a "peer reviewed" piece that says "God exists". This will not happen, at this time peer review pieces can only say something is yet unknown (cannot find a natural explanation for it as present).

Blah blah blah I ain't got no peer reviewed paper blah blah blah that confirms that "The Bible codes are statistically beyond data mining" blah blah blah so I have to babble-speak blah.

Quote:As far as a personal relationship with God you can talk about it till the cows come home, but it's not testable.
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It's empirically testable. Millions of people tested it as [sincere] skeptics. Some of them are on this forum witnessing to you. If you don't want to "really" test it, that's your issue. I'll be here to help you if I can.

My definition of testable and yours are not the same. Mine is based on accepted scientific inquiry and method and your is based on "witnessing"???? What? Earth to PJ, earth to PJ hello...no one there.

Quote:Finally I thought we already covered what the word prophesy means therefore making your argument moot.
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We covered that for two millennia both believers and skeptics understood the plain face sense of about 1/3 of the Bible, which is written in future tense. I'm sorry but pushing prophecy to only mean "encouragement" or "exhortation" is actually impossible.

For you it might be. I find it amazing that you can say what skeptics for millenia have thought about the Bible. Consider

(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  When did the 200 million mounted troops come from Revelation?

Reminds me of the song Ghost Riders in the Sky, but I don't think those are real either. Laughat

Quote:I have a prophecy...I prophesize that you will continue to espouse non testable assertions, provide no observable proof, or design any repeatable experiment that conclusively shows supernatural phenomena to exist.

(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your prophecy is false (and also spelled incorrectly). I'm able to design an experiment, you just don't want to DO the experiment. Sorry.

Thus my prophecy is fulfilled! My exhortations have come true!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Did you just say Christians looked at something skeptically?
I'm sorry if you've formerly dealt with easy-believing dolts. By definition, to be born again means starting from a skeptical perspective. No one has a testimony "God showed Himself to me and I just jumped right on board."

Quote:And wait there's more, did you say in your own PJ way that you don't place much importance on God's towering intellect?
No, I wrote that God's awesome mind is shown in the codes. This [the codes] is not of grave importance.

Quote:And where would one look up the peer reviewed paper where it says that these bible codes are statistically beyond data mining?
The magazine I cited showed statistical significance in finding the rabbinical names and dates in the Torah. I think you're confusing the opportunity for a "peer reviewed" piece that says "God exists". This will not happen, at this time peer review pieces can only say something is yet unknown (cannot find a natural explanation for it as present).

Quote:As far as a personal relationship with God you can talk about it till the cows come home, but it's not testable.
It's empirically testable. Millions of people tested it as [sincere] skeptics. Some of them are on this forum witnessing to you. If you don't want to "really" test it, that's your issue. I'll be here to help you if I can.

Quote:Finally I thought we already covered what the word prophesy means therefore making your argument moot.
We covered that for two millennia both believers and skeptics understood the plain face sense of about 1/3 of the Bible, which is written in future tense. I'm sorry but pushing prophecy to only mean "encouragement" or "exhortation" is actually impossible.

When did the 200 million mounted troops come from Revelation?

When did Jesus return and liberate Israel politically and make it head of the nations? E.g. this was Bucky's big thing this week--Jesus did NOT liberate Israel so He did not fulfill the PROPHECY.

Quote:I have a prophesy...I prophesize that you will continue to espouse non testable assertions, provide no observable proof, or design any repeatable experiment that conclusively shows supernatural phenomena to exist.

Your prophecy is false (and also spelled incorrectly). I'm able to design an experiment, you just don't want to DO the experiment. Sorry.

"It's empirically testable. Millions of people tested it as [sincere] skeptics." Too right! Consider all the Islamists who believe in Allah.Cool
10-05-2013, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 02:33 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-05-2013 02:06 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Several people have raised this prophecy issue:

Daniel predicts crucifixion date:

http://www.rusearching.com/nostradamus/n...fdeath.htm

Isaiah 42:9 is one specific mention of prophecy as forthtelling events:

Behold, the former things have come to pass,
And new things I declare;
Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

The context is 42:1-8 about the Messiah's coming:

“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

5 Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the prison,
Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
8 I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images.

Jesus remains a "light to the Gentiles", a "relief for prisoners", and the heavens are "stretched out" still--with an expanding universe and galaxies moving away from all points.

Re "Daniel predicts crucifixion date:

http://www.rusearching.com/nostradamus/n...fdeath.htm"

Compare that article to this...
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/c...aniel.html

Which author has more credibility? Are we not comparing an imbecile to a scholar?

This aptly demonstrates the difference between the overly simplistic believer's understanding and a real historian's informed, nuanced approach to biblical history.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-05-2013, 02:22 AM
(09-05-2013 06:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Jeebus was killed by gentiles.

I read this the first time as "Jesus was killed by gorillas" Big Grin A victim of that scourge of our modern lives, gorilla warfare.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-05-2013, 04:51 AM
(10-05-2013 02:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  I read this the first time as "Jesus was killed by gorillas" Big Grin A victim of that scourge of our modern lives, gorilla warfare.

Suddenly, this is beginning to make a whole lot of sense Blink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOJP9lWU7k27bkX76ECir...V5u4UgWQ8g]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post