Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Atheists And The Moon
I was disappointed to find nothing in this thread about an atheist colony on the moon.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 07:23 PM
15-05-2013, 07:42 PM
15-05-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2013 07:53 PM by Free Thought.)
(15-05-2013 06:51 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  I was disappointed to find nothing in this thread about an atheist colony on the moon.

We might not have the moon, but we could have Mars!

http://applicants.mars-one.com/

Apply today and spend the rest of your life on Mars!

*to clarify, this was a joke.

However, I would argue, Mars colony would be better than Moon colony.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-05-2013, 07:45 PM
(15-05-2013 07:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  Atheism creates a false image of god(s) that it then denies as true. They imagine god(s) when they imagine no god(s).

No. Theists assert the existence of gods and then atheists claim that there is insufficient evidence to support that assertion. I "imagine" weird shit all the time. That doesn't mean I believe any of it's real.

Quote:No I haven't read any of his books. I would love to see how he falsifies the existence of Love as a moral absolute for all men..

Ah yes, The Love Delusion. My favorite Dawkins rom-com.

"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 2 users Like cbb2274's post
15-05-2013, 09:33 PM
15-05-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2013 09:50 PM by fstratzero.)

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
15-05-2013, 09:45 PM
(15-05-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 09:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes, but you just agreed with me. You imagine god(s) when you imagine no god(s).
These god(s) you imagine are those the so called theists assert which you claim there is not enough evidence tio support their existence for. You could not clsim there si not enough evidence without imagining them. Moreover, the term "God" is not contemplated properly as god(s). The entire universe comes from one singularity. Therefore there could only be one God for all men or there is no God at all.

Respectfully, empathy is not a delusion. I'm sure you know that from experience.

Is this love?

I didn't watch it since I didn't want to see it. It is a perversion of Love. True empathy is that feeling that says this is wrong in one's heart. The same one you felt that made you show it to me.
15-05-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2013 09:56 PM by fstratzero.)
(15-05-2013 09:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 09:41 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Is this love?

I didn't watch it since I didn't want to see it. It is a perversion of Love. True empathy is that feeling that says this is wrong in one's heart. The same one you felt that made you show it to me.

Why? You punched your son, because it was good for him.

God tortured Job because it was good for everybody to see faith?

So why doesn't one Texas God loving christian disciplining his daughter all of a sudden bother you? Job didn't get one beating, the enemies of the Israelites didn't just fall over and die, they all suffered more than that girl, and your loving god commanded it.

but hey I know what you are going to say.

[Image: i3amBCX.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
15-05-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2013 10:31 PM by cbb2274.)
(15-05-2013 09:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes, but you just agreed with me. You imagine god(s) when you imagine no god(s).
These god(s) you imagine are those the so called theists assert which you claim there is not enough evidence tio support their existence for. You could not clsim there si not enough evidence without imagining them.

This is so clown-fartingly silly. It's just incoherent rhetorical nonsense. On what point did I agree with you? My willingness to discuss the idea of a god does not mean that I believe in a god. How does my imagination count as evidence? Are we using Imaginationland rules?

Quote:Ah yes, The Love Delusion. My favorite Dawkins rom-com.
Quote:Respectfully, empathy is not a delusion. I'm sure you know that from experience.

You would get the joke if you knew the first thing about Richard Dawkins:

http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richa...0618918248

Stop putting words in my mouth. Read this thread again with your grownupeye.

- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 1 user Likes cbb2274's post