Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Atheists And The Moon

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 10:52 AM
(17-05-2013 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 02:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well said. The hypocrisy of atheism is not the answer.

Hypocrisy again? You really don't understand what that word means.
Morally speaking, to do unto others what you would not want done to you.
19-05-2013, 11:08 AM
(18-05-2013 01:38 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What Bucky said.

How 'bout a tag team debate? Bucky and me vs pleasey and childeye.

I'll fire a volley so see if they've any fighting spirit...

Eyewitness Accounts?
“It is certain that the New Testament was not written by Christ himself, nor by his apostles, but a long while after them, by some unknown persons, who, lest they should not be credited when they wrote of affairs they were little acquainted with, affixed to their works the names of the apostles, or of such as were supposed to have been their companions, asserting that what they had written themselves was written according to these persons to whom they ascribed it.”

St. Faustus (c. 490 CE,). (http://books.google.com.au/books?id=O00z...n+that+the ).

Most Christians have been told that direct witnesses of Jesus’ life wrote the four Gospels. This is undoubtedly not true. I can save the reader who wants to know the truth about this a lot of time and frustration. The bottom line is: we don’t know for sure who wrote the Gospels, but the authors weren’t the companions of Jesus, and had never met him or anyone who had known him.

Even the conservative Catholic Encyclopedia states,
“It thus appears that the present titles of the Gospels are not traceable to the Evangelists themselves.” They use the word “evangelist” to avoid “apostle” or “disciple.” They are effectively (and correctly) admitting that the titles of the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are “not traceable” to Jesus’ apostles. If there was even the slightest bit of good evidence that any of the Gospel authors knew Jesus, or someone who knew Jesus, the Catholic Encyclopedia would make a big deal of it. They don’t because there isn’t. Yet in nearly every church around the world it’s implied these apostles were the authors.

One only needs to leaf through any of the Gospels to realize they weren’t written by eyewitnesses, or by anyone who interrogated eyewitnesses. There are no interviews of Jesus, or his disciples, or of any of the characters in the action. Nowhere do we read a phrase such as
“I, Matthew/Mark/Luke/John saw this or heard that” or
“I was present when” this or that happened, or
“I talked to …who told me… so I asked him...” Everything is written as pure narrative. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tMTNJzRpXs).

Most modern preachers aren’t inquisitive or honest enough about the source of the dogma they promote.
Dear Mr. Fulton, you have not presented anything here that we already don't know. The fact is the Gospel was spread by word of mouth to begin with. It doesn't matter who said it. The validity of the Gospel is in it's Spiritual nature. It is a Truth that testifies to what the self proclaimed godless would call wishful thinking. That is, a hope in an incorruptible existence.
19-05-2013, 11:11 AM
(19-05-2013 11:08 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-05-2013 01:38 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What Bucky said.

How 'bout a tag team debate? Bucky and me vs pleasey and childeye.

I'll fire a volley so see if they've any fighting spirit...

Eyewitness Accounts?
“It is certain that the New Testament was not written by Christ himself, nor by his apostles, but a long while after them, by some unknown persons, who, lest they should not be credited when they wrote of affairs they were little acquainted with, affixed to their works the names of the apostles, or of such as were supposed to have been their companions, asserting that what they had written themselves was written according to these persons to whom they ascribed it.”

St. Faustus (c. 490 CE,). (http://books.google.com.au/books?id=O00z...n+that+the ).

Most Christians have been told that direct witnesses of Jesus’ life wrote the four Gospels. This is undoubtedly not true. I can save the reader who wants to know the truth about this a lot of time and frustration. The bottom line is: we don’t know for sure who wrote the Gospels, but the authors weren’t the companions of Jesus, and had never met him or anyone who had known him.

Even the conservative Catholic Encyclopedia states,
“It thus appears that the present titles of the Gospels are not traceable to the Evangelists themselves.” They use the word “evangelist” to avoid “apostle” or “disciple.” They are effectively (and correctly) admitting that the titles of the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, are “not traceable” to Jesus’ apostles. If there was even the slightest bit of good evidence that any of the Gospel authors knew Jesus, or someone who knew Jesus, the Catholic Encyclopedia would make a big deal of it. They don’t because there isn’t. Yet in nearly every church around the world it’s implied these apostles were the authors.

One only needs to leaf through any of the Gospels to realize they weren’t written by eyewitnesses, or by anyone who interrogated eyewitnesses. There are no interviews of Jesus, or his disciples, or of any of the characters in the action. Nowhere do we read a phrase such as
“I, Matthew/Mark/Luke/John saw this or heard that” or
“I was present when” this or that happened, or
“I talked to …who told me… so I asked him...” Everything is written as pure narrative. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tMTNJzRpXs).

Most modern preachers aren’t inquisitive or honest enough about the source of the dogma they promote.
Dear Mr. Fulton, you have not presented anything here that we already don't know. The fact is the Gospel was spread by word of mouth to begin with. It doesn't matter who said it. The validity of the Gospel is in it's Spiritual nature. It is a Truth that testifies to what the self proclaimed godless would call wishful thinking. That is, a hope in an incorruptible existence.

No it's a lie spread by people to help control the populace. Thanks for playing please try again.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-05-2013, 11:24 AM
(19-05-2013 11:08 AM)childeye Wrote:  It is a Truth that testifies to what the self proclaimed godless would call wishful thinking. That is, a hope in an incorruptible existence.

In all your waffling you've utterly failed to make a case that it's anything else Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-05-2013, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2013 03:45 AM by Filox.)
(18-05-2013 03:15 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 02:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well said. The hypocrisy of atheism is not the answer.

The reason why getting atheists together was compared to herding cats, was because every atheist may have come to reject god/gods, but has very different ideas on everything else.
How could it be otherwise?

View on morals, meanings, philosophies, politics etc... You name it each atheist has a different view on it.

With that being said. The only thing that brings us together is the conclusion that there isn't enough evidence to believe. Anything else you try to attach to atheism is merely something in your imagination.
I agree with everything you say here except for the evidence thing. It is obvious to me, life is greater than death. If you don't see this as the equation then you don't even know what you're not believing in.
19-05-2013, 11:46 AM
(19-05-2013 11:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:08 AM)childeye Wrote:  It is a Truth that testifies to what the self proclaimed godless would call wishful thinking. That is, a hope in an incorruptible existence.

In all your waffling you've utterly failed to make a case that it's anything else Drinking Beverage
I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.
19-05-2013, 11:52 AM
(19-05-2013 11:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:08 AM)childeye Wrote:  Dear Mr. Fulton, you have not presented anything here that we already don't know. The fact is the Gospel was spread by word of mouth to begin with. It doesn't matter who said it. The validity of the Gospel is in it's Spiritual nature. It is a Truth that testifies to what the self proclaimed godless would call wishful thinking. That is, a hope in an incorruptible existence.

No it's a lie spread by people to help control the populace.
Hypocritical thinking. Politics are inevitable. That claim could be made about secularism also.
19-05-2013, 11:53 AM
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  In all your waffling you've utterly failed to make a case that it's anything else Drinking Beverage
I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

Death and Taxes. It's only the delusional that state there is more with no proof to back it up. As for not needing to make a case then why are you here?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-05-2013, 12:06 PM
(19-05-2013 11:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

Death and Taxes. It's only the delusional that state there is more with no proof to back it up. As for not needing to make a case then why are you here?

He's a masochist for a god that only exists in his mind
Drinking Beverage

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon