Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2013, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 12:55 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: Atheists And The Moon

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2013, 01:02 PM
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  In all your waffling you've utterly failed to make a case that it's anything else Drinking Beverage
I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

What about the idea all bachelors are unmarried?

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
19-05-2013, 01:05 PM
(19-05-2013 11:52 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No it's a lie spread by people to help control the populace.
Hypocritical thinking. Politics are inevitable. That claim could be made about secularism also.

I fail to even make the connection between there is no god, and control of the populace.

However the divine rights of kings was directly related to a belief in god/gods.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_right_of_kings

Not to mention the laws enforce by those beliefs at the time to control and unite the populace. In time it was a failure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Religion

-Baron d'Holbach-
19-05-2013, 01:07 PM
(19-05-2013 01:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:52 AM)childeye Wrote:  Hypocritical thinking. Politics are inevitable. That claim could be made about secularism also.

I fail to even make the connection between there is no god, and control of the populace.

However the divine rights of kings was directly related to a belief in god/gods.
Not to mention the laws enforce by those beliefs at the time to control and unite the populace.

To save you some time he believes the word hypocritical means "Does not agree with childeye".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-05-2013, 01:41 PM
(19-05-2013 12:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:37 AM)childeye Wrote:  I agree with everything you say here except for the evidence thing. It is obvious to me, life is greater than death. If you don't see this as the equation then you don't even know what you're not believing in.

Okay....

I know that many atheists understand that being alive, is better than being dead. That with our lives we can change the world for the better, for the generations after us.

What's your point?

How do you prove god exists?

How do you prove an after life exists?
You already proved my point above. You cannot stay on the fence as you think you can. If Life is greater than death, then you already believe in the direction of God. The term "God" is applied to Life. Hence we see in scripture the God of Life. The Word of God (the power of the creation) is the Life and Light of man. The hope of eternal Life, not in this world of misery, but in a world without, is a good thing. I don't need to prove an afterlife to want to believe. Since neither you or I have been dead, neither of us can even say till we see. But what we believe makes a difference in our defining terms such as hope and faith, good, bad, right and wrong. It sets our reasoning in different directions if what I hope is not what you hope. There are implications both ways according to what we believe. You really believe the same as I. Therefore I only need honesty to know what is good and what is not, to be right about what I believe.

The universe comes from a singularity and time is part of the creation. That proposes a cause of this universe that is equivalent in concept to the existence of a different dimension outside of our time. Hence an afterlife at the end of time is completely plausible.
19-05-2013, 01:42 PM
(19-05-2013 01:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 01:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I fail to even make the connection between there is no god, and control of the populace.

Not to mention the laws enforce by those beliefs at the time to control and unite the populace.

To save you some time he believes the word hypocritical means "Does not agree with childeye".
That's funny.
19-05-2013, 01:51 PM
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  In all your waffling you've utterly failed to make a case that it's anything else Drinking Beverage
I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

You suck at maths.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-05-2013, 01:58 PM
(19-05-2013 01:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:52 AM)childeye Wrote:  Hypocritical thinking. Politics are inevitable. That claim could be made about secularism also.

Not to mention the laws enforce by those beliefs at the time to control and unite the populace. In time it was a failure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Religion
There is populace control in secular government just like any other. You are conflating religion with God.
19-05-2013, 01:59 PM
(19-05-2013 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

You suck at maths.
Then by all means, please correct me.
19-05-2013, 02:01 PM
(19-05-2013 01:02 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 11:46 AM)childeye Wrote:  I don't need to, it speaks for itself. Do the math, atheism is against any wishful thinking. That would mean atheism only believes in death as the absolute.

What about the idea all bachelors are unmarried?
Please elaborate on your analogy. Cannot really comment on it otherwise.