Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: Atheists And The Moon
(03-05-2013 07:05 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The first Apollo astronauts to circle the moon sent a message back to planet Earth: "We've got a message for you." And they read the first 10 verses of Genesis: "In the beginning, God created...." Do you remember the first food and drink that was consumed on the moon? It was the bread and wine of communion! Atheists say, "How many scientists believe in God?" Yet these men were scientists.
Wow, you found one exception (or 3 at most, if you count each astronaut on Apollo 8). from 45 years ago. Drinking Beverage (I feel a yawn coming on.)

(03-05-2013 07:05 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  God calls Abraham: "I want you to kill your only son, the son you love." What a picture of Christ: "The Father sent the Son..." The Father gave His Son to be the Savior of the world. In Genesis, Isaac says, "I've got the wood, father!" So he wasn't a little tiny kid. He was carrying the wood for the fire, as Jesus carried the cross. "Here's the wood, you've got the fire. Where's the lamb?"

Abraham replied, "God will provide himself a lamb."

I love that verse: "So they went both of them together." Abraham and his son. It was a joint operation. We don't want to forget God the Father, who gave His Son, and Christ, who suffered for our sins--they went both together.

--
Excerpted from a message by apologist Dave Hunt
What difference does it make what the age of the kid was?! Consider Rolleyes
The whole story of Abraham being asked to kill his son shows the sickness of that so-called god and yet you somehow think it illustrates something good. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 11:56 AM
(03-05-2013 10:28 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, time to give this the well-reasoned response it does not deserve.
Laugh out load

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
(03-05-2013 11:22 AM)jhantheman Wrote:  ...what just happened? I read the first line, stopped, went ahead and read the comments, then wanted to go back to make sure I didn't miss anything... biggest mistake of my day, rest in peace those two poor minutes of my life.

Go read Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" and intelligently humble yourself. No sense in reasoning with this dribble. (just realized... you can't spell drIBBLE with out bible! close enough anyways).

I challenge anyone who claims that atheists must lack humility to be atheists, to maintain that claim while listening to Sagan speak. Not that anyone's advanced such a claim. Yet. In this thread.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
"The astronauts believed in God so he MUST be real"

[Image: You+_0f4a9780154b0e12679b86799784caf8.jpg]

Fuck you're a stupid cunt.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
(03-05-2013 12:00 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 11:22 AM)jhantheman Wrote:  ...what just happened? I read the first line, stopped, went ahead and read the comments, then wanted to go back to make sure I didn't miss anything... biggest mistake of my day, rest in peace those two poor minutes of my life.

Go read Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" and intelligently humble yourself. No sense in reasoning with this dribble. (just realized... you can't spell drIBBLE with out bible! close enough anyways).

I challenge anyone who claims that atheists must lack humility to be atheists, to maintain that claim while listening to Sagan speak. Not that anyone's advanced such a claim. Yet. In this thread.

I'd forgotten just how powerful that 5 minute video is.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
[Image: tumblr_lmlssnxesx1qdehoumm.gif]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Well, well. Sorry I excerpted paragraphs I liked without adding:

Between thoughts...

So that you could follow the ideas, better.

As for quoting and pasting, I excerpted by choice. That took some thought, more so than posting the poor (most of them) Atheist YouTube videos y'all post here.

Anyway, here you go:

Quote:1: You've never watched the entire moonlanding enough to even form an opinion against moonlanding conspirators.
Sure I have. And I'm conversant with moon conspiracy theory and the debunking of it, thanks.

Quote:2: You've never watched an entire Sam Harris lecture or debate, much less know where the quoted sentence came from.
I know where the quote came from. How many quotes do we need to know that there is no hope that Atheism offers for those who will die, and be buried and forgotten in this sizable universe?
Quote:3: Never gave 2 cents of a dollar into Dawkins writing about coexistence, at least in comparison to an organized cult that uses the same funds to ensure division about the planet.
Um, what? This is barely sensical from you.
Quote:4: Until you take your own son, against his will, tie him up, stick a knife to his throat because god told you to, you have no right to admire Abraham in any sense as a father much less a human being.
Abraham didn't kill his son and both testaments explain he knew God had his back, even to being able to raise Issac from the dead if needed.
Quote:5: You've never cooked Copy Pasta properly without a keyboard.
No, but I make a great marinara or bolognese sauce.
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:No, but I make a great marinara or bolognese sauce.

Bologna is goddamn right.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 01:46 PM
(03-05-2013 01:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Between thoughts...

But that would imply that you think. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Both testaments explain only how diabolical and jacked up god and those who wrote the story were at the time.

...and here you are, quoting it as your guide to life, or whatever it is you are doing.

Consider