Atheists And The Moon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Atheists And The Moon
(08-05-2013 01:40 PM)kim Wrote:  You get what you came here for.

I think it makes these clowns feel like they matter Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:So, PJ

You ever going to finish the conversations you start with me? Or is ignoring me the only way to preserve your worldview?
You told me several times I'm on your ignore list...?

What would you like to continue with me? I'm listening.

I know less about Linnean classification than you, certainly, and that represents circumstantial evidence or evidence for speciation but not for sea life becoming land creatures or vice versa, etc. - is that what you're referring to?
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:"Millions of reasonable people" also said the Earth was flat. It's called the "argumentum ad populum". A common street-level fallacy, which anyone with any education at all would know.

All generalizations with not a shred of substantiation. Stop reading "anger". Start reading "impatience" with stupidity. You are insufferably self-righteous and "superior". You get what you dish out. I am not angry. You are not worth the energy. You are an intellectual imbecile/light-weight. None of your points stand. You didn't even know when or why Job was written. Job was a myth, as were all the characters in it. You read as though you are a 2 year old. Show me the OTHER books where they tried the codes, and found them absent. You are 110 % full of shit. No one believes anything you say. You have no references, no substantiation.

WHAT WAS THE DAY ? Why do we have to keep asking this ? YOU ASSERTED A DAY. WHAT WAS IT ? Were you lying again ?

Jebus is dead. "Salvation" was a cooked up justification to keep your inane cult going. You have actually not addressed one point, in substance or with any facts. Now you get an "F - ".
Go troll elsewhere, JebusBusinessMan.

For someone who's not angry, you certainly denigrate millions of Christians and what/whom they believe in, constantly, with every post. You owe me and them a sincerely apology.

Job himself speaks of Messiah in Job 19:

I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
08-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Oops! Sorry, I wrote SA instead of Statistical Science:

Contemporary discussion and controversy around one specific encryption method became widespread in 1994 when Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips and Yoav Rosenberg published a paper, "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis", in the scientific journal Statistical Science. The paper, which was presented by the journal as a "challenging puzzle", presented strong statistical evidence that biographical information about famous rabbis was encoded in the text of the Book of Genesis, centuries before those rabbis lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code
08-05-2013, 02:16 PM
"Wow, very, very thoughtful and thought-provoking reponses."

So you want thought provoking responses to something you obviously haven't thought much about. O'k.

"The first Apollo astronauts to circle the moon sent a message back to planet Earth: "We've got a message for you." And they read the first 10 verses of Genesis: "In the beginning, God created...." Do you remember the first food and drink that was consumed on the moon? It was the bread and wine of communion! Atheists say, "How many scientists believe in God?" Yet these men were scientists.

I won't say you don't know what the hell you're talking about, here (high school graduate) But I findi it interesting that I have never heard of this!

"Listen to the hopelessness of atheist Sam Harris: "Tens of billions of viewers passed in the growing darkness of a universe condemned to become a galactic graveyard." That's what they have to look forward to. That epitaph is pronounced in advance upon everything that Bertrand Russell wrote, everything that Dawkins ever did or wrote, so why do they insist, "I want to convert you to atheism! I want you to hate God. And I want you to have this beautiful future lying ahead of you. What a hope we give you!" Expending such a great effort to extend their life, merely to stave off death a short while longer in order to leave some meaningless record of one's having been there. But there's no record. Nothing will be left of all the proud structures that man has built."

"I want to convert you to atheism! I want you to hate God. And I want you to have this beautiful future lying ahead of you. What a hope we give you!" I'm not sure who you quoting here.

A "quote" is the exact words that someone said. Who said these words? . . . You?

God calls Abraham: "I want you to kill your only son, the son you love." What a picture of Christ: "The Father sent the Son..." The Father gave His Son to be the Savior of the world. In Genesis, Isaac says, "I've got the wood, father!" So he wasn't a little tiny kid. He was carrying the wood for the fire, as Jesus carried the cross. "Here's the wood, you've got the fire. Where's the lamb?"

Huh? Rember what a "quote" is? I don't think this is in the bible.

"So you have to ask the atheist: "Richard Dawkins, why do you work so hard? Why do you write so many books? They're all going to be burned up. Why do you struggle to stay alive a little longer so that you can pen a few more words to the glory of the molecules?"

Ask yourself that question. Did god tell him to do it? This is another example of god being unable to make itself clear.

"So they went both of them together." Abraham and his son. It was a joint operation. We don't want to forget God the Father, who gave His Son, and Christ, who suffered for our sins--they went both together.

Correct me if I am wrong. High school education here! Some evidence that I am an idiot! But didn't this "happen" in the old testement, before Jesus was ever mentioned?
08-05-2013, 02:25 PM
(08-05-2013 02:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So, PJ

You ever going to finish the conversations you start with me? Or is ignoring me the only way to preserve your worldview?
You told me several times I'm on your ignore list...?

What would you like to continue with me? I'm listening.

I know less about Linnean classification than you, certainly, and that represents circumstantial evidence or evidence for speciation but not for sea life becoming land creatures or vice versa, etc. - is that what you're referring to?

You are trying really hard to be an idiot.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 09:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-05-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:"Millions of reasonable people" also said the Earth was flat. It's called the "argumentum ad populum". A common street-level fallacy, which anyone with any education at all would know.

All generalizations with not a shred of substantiation. Stop reading "anger". Start reading "impatience" with stupidity. You are insufferably self-righteous and "superior". You get what you dish out. I am not angry. You are not worth the energy. You are an intellectual imbecile/light-weight. None of your points stand. You didn't even know when or why Job was written. Job was a myth, as were all the characters in it. You read as though you are a 2 year old. Show me the OTHER books where they tried the codes, and found them absent. You are 110 % full of shit. No one believes anything you say. You have no references, no substantiation.

WHAT WAS THE DAY ? Why do we have to keep asking this ? YOU ASSERTED A DAY. WHAT WAS IT ? Were you lying again ?

Jebus is dead. "Salvation" was a cooked up justification to keep your inane cult going. You have actually not addressed one point, in substance or with any facts. Now you get an "F - ".

For someone who's not angry, you certainly denigrate millions of Christians and what/whom they believe in, constantly, with every post. You owe me and them a sincerely apology.

27 I myself will see him

A "sincerely apology" Seriously. You come to an atheist forum, and then get pissed when people don't buy your clap-trap ? Are you senile ?
Job says nothing about a messiah, or an after-life. It was unknown in Hebrew culture.
I respect what is respectable. You and your Bible Code crap is utter nonsense. The lowest form of fundie b.s. The ultimate DISRESPECT, is your ilk, coming in here, thinking you will "impart your truth". THAT is what needs an apology. You have no respect for anything, other than your "truth". Also you do not speak for Christians, or anyone except yourself. You are totally ridiculous. You come to an atheist forum, thinking you will impart your "truth" which YOU have, and we don't. Then you demand respect for that ? You are hilarious. YOU are the disrespectful one. This is an atheist forum. What did you expect ? Atheism is fully respectable. You would never admit that.

Job was a myth. He was not a man.
I owe nothing to someone who says someone he does not know, is a Jew, and angry, and spouts crap about Bible codes. Most Christians would scoff at that. There is not one "catholic"Bible scholar in the US that buys into that utter bunk. The Hebrews did not believe in immortality. What is it about that you don't get ?

Psalm 39 :
"Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart, and am no more"

Psalm 115 :
The dead do not praise the Lord,
nor do any that go down into silence".

However ALL the dead, both good and bad, were thought to go to an underground region called "Sheol". And Sheol is referenced in mostly the Wisdom texts. It's certainly NOT where God lives.
Psalm 6 : "For in death there is no remembrance of you, in Sheol, who can give you praise ?"

Thank you for providing a forum to prove to passing guests that you, a cleric, knows next to nothing about your own cult, and, as usual atheists know more about it than you do. You are a great add for atheism. Bible code indeed.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
(08-05-2013 02:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You are trying really hard to be an idiot.

I was under the impression that it came naturally to him and the likes of him. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
(08-05-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oops! Sorry, I wrote SA instead of Statistical Science:

Contemporary discussion and controversy around one specific encryption method became widespread in 1994 when Doron Witztum, Eliyahu Rips and Yoav Rosenberg published a paper, "Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis", in the scientific journal Statistical Science. The paper, which was presented by the journal as a "challenging puzzle", presented strong statistical evidence that biographical information about famous rabbis was encoded in the text of the Book of Genesis, centuries before those rabbis lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

Yet not one comparison text from anywhere. Either in Hebrew, the ancient Near East, or any other text. Meaningless nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-05-2013, 06:02 PM
(08-05-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

27 I myself will see him

PJ, Bucky and others wouldn't be derogatory if you showed some evidence that you actually listen. You just don't know how much you don't know. Bucky runs rings around you. He has a nuanced, informed understanding of the ancient Jewish culture. You don't, and that's very obvious to everyone.

There's nothing wrong with being ignorant if you're willing to learn. You're not. You just dismiss what Bucky says and repeat your own childish, unschooled opinions. Hence you get the shit heaped on you.

You seriously need a "light bulb moment" when you "get" why everyone gives you a hard time. We don't hate Christians, we don't hate god, we just don't want to be preached at like we're all 8 year olds. You should be apologising to Bucky.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user