Atheists, Don't you realize you have no argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Atheists, Don't you realize you have no argument?
[Image: 39097773.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Logisch's post
24-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Hmm, is this your handywork?

[Image: atheism11.jpg]

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
24-06-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 10:57 PM by Full Circle.)
(24-06-2013 09:20 PM)theword Wrote:  Why is it that atheists always say that they do not have to prove anything?
Isn't that like a 10 year old saying "I don't know" when asked what time he/she got home?
Admit it, you have no other argument than to try to bash Christianity.You have no facts. No base for argument. Nothing. You have nothing.

Is your plan just to keep repeating yourself on different threads and hope that you convert someone here?

I get the feeling you're in denial, a closeted Atheist. It's OK, you can come out now.

[attachment=1447]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-06-2013, 10:33 PM
[Image: 39098039.jpg]
[Image: 39098084.jpg]
[Image: 39098124.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
24-06-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 11:09 PM by Revenant77x.)

No God needed.

And one on evolution

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-06-2013, 11:03 PM
[Image: Carl_Sagan-Pale_Blue_Dot.flv_thumbnail_4.jpg]

You are here. Still think like all of this was created just so you can come here and spread hate and ignorance?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-06-2013, 11:20 PM
[Image: Debate-Flow-Chart1.jpg]

This is how its supposed to work. Not simply by covering your ears and remaining ignorant.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 9 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
25-06-2013, 12:17 AM
(24-06-2013 09:20 PM)theword Wrote:  Why is it that atheists always say that they do not have to prove anything?
Isn't that like a 10 year old saying "I don't know" when asked what time he/she got home?
Admit it, you have no other argument than to try to bash Christianity.You have no facts. No base for argument. Nothing. You have nothing.

I readily grant that, absent a valid proof, you will not be convinced. I accept this as a meritorious reality. Let us further posit that, even WITH a valid proof, you will not be convinced, which I would then acknowledge as a quite regrettable reality. With these not entirely unrealistic suppositions in place, wouldn't an atheist be unmotivated to take on the time, effort, frustration, and facepalming of trying (and failing) to reach someone who is unreachable? So for someone trying to deconvert you, yeah, demanding proof is definitely reasonable. But someone not trying to do so? Someone who just wants to go their way without having to step in the crazy and ruin their new boots? Why are they obliged to try?

Let's play this out. Suppose I'm an atheist, I "have to" prove something to you, and I fail to do so. What happens then? What does not proving something when I "have to" result in? What are the consequences?

Does this magically make God exist, if I fail to prove that He doesn't? If I had instead presented a convincing proof that God doesn't exist, would this have resulted in God not existing? Could God's existence or non-existence be dependent on my ability or willingness to provide such a proof? Do any facts actually hinge on my providing proof?

Have I broken any laws (outside of batshit crazy theocratic countries, I'm talking liberal democracies here) for not having a belief but not furbishing a bulletproof justification for not having it? Are you in some position granting you authority of review, where you can demand a proof be furbished and rewrite our views if it isn't?

Will some metaphysical law of reality consign me to five minutes in the penalty box for not adhering to this dictate of prove it or else? What exactly is the "or else" part? Does the Fifth Seal of Agnew activate, resulting in lesions and zits for all of humanity?

Exactly what do I have to prove, and to whom must I prove it? What happens if I do not prove it? If failure to provide proof supposedly burdens me with obligations (eg, modify my position), what would happen if I didn't meet them? In what way do atheists "have to" prove anything?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
25-06-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 12:59 AM by Reltzik.)
.... also, if atheists have no facts, then what are they bashing Christianity with?

FACT: Historical contemporary accounts exist of the miracles depicted in the Bible do not exist, save where they are recorded by believers, even when one would expect non-believers to record them. The Romans' normally-meticulous records did not record Herod slaughtering children and the Egyptians did not record any of the plagues or Pharaoh's armies being drowned when the Red Sea rushed back in behind fleeing slaves, despite how the plagues would have had extreme significance to Egyptian mythology and the death of a Pharaoh typically resulting in some of the most notable artifacts on Earth.

FACT: Despite the claims of Christianity to be a good moral teacher, and claiming to have an in with the direct, divine source of all morality, this has not born out in the behavior of Christians in general. Examples of less-than-stellar morality practiced in a widespread manner by many Christians ACTING TO FURTHER CHRISTIANITY include (but are not limited to) slander, theft, murder, genocide. Judging by the fruit the tree has born, Christianity is no more moral than most other religions, or atheism, and is considerably less moral than some.

FACT: The Bible identifies all of these as immoral. (Hint: check the ten commandments.) I almost threw rape and torture into that earlier list, but the Bible doesn't identify these as immoral (unless the rape victim is married, or one interprets the "keep to your husband" comments of Paul broadly or out of context). Not that *I* consider them anything other than immoral, but hey, trying to stick to things I'm possibly reasonably moderately sure we might agree on.

FACT: The Bible doesn't identify rape or torture as immoral.

FACT: The figure of Jesus in the Bible SPECIFICALLY SAYS to judge the tree by its fruit.

....... which of the thousand other facts should I throw in to further prove the point? Decisions, decisions. Oh well, it's getting late, and the point is sufficiently proven.

Facts.

Atheists have them.

Deal.

Now the real question is, do you have anything to back up your trash talk with other than more trash talk?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
25-06-2013, 05:11 AM
There is nothing for us to argue. We literally have ALL the facts known to mankind. You have your imagination.

In all the facts we have, NONE of those facts includes any kind of supernatural anything.
How can I argue against your imagination ? I agree with you completely. The things you believe are beliefs. You believe them for bad reasons.
Those reasons are unjustified. You are wishful thinking at best and glorify atrocities at worst by labeling them "good".
You have no moral ground when your morals are based on an imaginary figure that is by definition IMMORAL.

You have delusion.
We have reality.

I can't argue with your imaginary friend. He doesn't exist.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post