Atheists, Don't you realize you have no argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Atheists, Don't you realize you have no argument?
[Image: 33068.jpg?v=1]

Rolleyes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-06-2013, 05:47 AM
[Image: h0D6502FE]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-06-2013, 05:48 AM
You have: a book, belief and lots of guilt
We have: scientific method, logic, rational thought and evidence.
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
25-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Do I really need to post my "obvious troll" pic?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
25-06-2013, 08:10 AM
(25-06-2013 08:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Do I really need to post my "obvious troll" pic?

A "theword" thread is a toilet. It's there for taking a dump. Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-06-2013, 08:47 AM
(24-06-2013 09:20 PM)theword Wrote:  Why is it that atheists always say that they do not have to prove anything?
Isn't that like a 10 year old saying "I don't know" when asked what time he/she got home?
Admit it, you have no other argument than to try to bash Christianity.You have no facts. No base for argument. Nothing. You have nothing.

Atheists (and agnostics, or anyone who just isn't religious) have nothing to prove because they haven't made any claims.

There is also nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" - just because we don't have an explanation doesn't mean that therefore any old crazy explanation must be true; that just doesn't make any sense - it just means that no one knows yet.

We do have facts; we do have basis for argument; we do have something - its called intelligence. We have facts about reality that we know are true from science.

We have the fact that the only evidence that Jesus was divine is an unreliable, ancient book of myths and legends written by ignorant, gullible people who knew nothing about reality.

We have the fact that the same book claims the world is a few thousand years old when actually it is, as shown by science, billions of years old.

We have the fact that the same book claims that humans are made out of soil when we know, from science that humans are made of elements made inside stars, such as the molecules that make up DNA, like all other life that DNA shows we are related to.

We have the fact that the same book tells you to glorify a brutal torture and human sacrifice, and the brutal torturing of any of your family that disagrees with your beliefs, forever, while we know, from our own real morality that we've made ourselves, that such a belief is evil, and we know from science that such a belief is not true.

We know from science that the belief that there is a giant, male, human consciousness, outside of time, that made the universe, and cares about one tiny planet and one tiny species, and cares about how they have sex, what they think about, how gullible they're willing to be, and how many goats they can slaughter, and how many should be tortured in another universe, somehow filled with flames; has absolutely no reasonable evidence, is highly unlikely, is a bad explanation, and is totally fucking ridiculous.

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
25-06-2013, 10:27 AM
(24-06-2013 09:20 PM)theword Wrote:  Why is it that atheists always say that they do not have to prove anything?
Isn't that like a 10 year old saying "I don't know" when asked what time he/she got home?
Admit it, you have no other argument than to try to bash Christianity.You have no facts. No base for argument. Nothing. You have nothing.

"Burden of proof"
look it up

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
25-06-2013, 10:40 AM
(25-06-2013 05:48 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You have: a book, belief and lots of guilt

But no Oxford Comma. Boo.
[+] 3 users Like maklelan's post
25-06-2013, 10:54 AM
(25-06-2013 10:40 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 05:48 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  You have: a book, belief and lots of guilt

But no Oxford Comma. Boo.

We don't need no stinking commas. Angel

25-06-2013, 10:58 AM

Exactly what is it that you think atheists should prove?

I'm serious. You may think it's obvious and, yes, I could make a guess, but I'd much rather be certain we're discussing the same thing before I reply further.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair