Atheists FAIL too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Atheists FAIL too
Sadly , looking at this show , it's becoming painful that atheists sometimes fail badly.
YT user Coughlan made a good rebuttal , that's how this vid came to my attention :

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like gaglamesh731's post
12-02-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Atheists FAIL too
Humans are broken machines, prone to mistakes and error... even the atheist ones. It's a good thing to recognize, from time to time. It keeps things in an unbiased perspective.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
It's awesome seeing the Brother and Sisters getting in the game.
Fuck a few mistakes. I made about dozen today.
For too long Atheism has been stereotyped a white liberal thing.
We need all the people onboard.
But in the end we are all one thing, "Free Thinkers"

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
13-02-2012, 01:42 AM
(12-02-2012 10:08 PM)Thomas Wrote:  It's awesome seeing the Brother and Sisters getting in the game.

Absolutely. Everyone should feel encouraged to think freely, regardless of ethnicity, topography, minority, etc.
13-02-2012, 02:11 AM
(12-02-2012 01:40 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Sadly , looking at this show , it's becoming painful that atheists sometimes fail badly.
YT user Coughlan made a good rebuttal , that's how this vid came to my attention :

Well obviously atheists will make mistakes, we're all human Tongue
13-02-2012, 06:24 AM
(12-02-2012 10:08 PM)Thomas Wrote:  It's awesome seeing the Brother and Sisters getting in the game.

Hold your horses. First of all, I need to explain to you why I resent moderate Christians, Muslims etc.

When somebody in your group does something nasty, disgusting, unjust and uncivilized, and you disagree, *you* should be the first who rejects and criticizes those people. If you're a moderate and extremists do something you disagree with, *you* should have the initiative to point out that you are not like those people, those people do not represent you, you want nothing to do with them, those people are dead for you as long as they keep their horrible views. Otherwise, guess what: you are one of them.

I don't give a fuck that you wouldn't personally strap a bomb to your chest and/or stone a child to death because you believe that she might just be a witch. Some people in your group do exactly that. As long as you call them brothers, you are one of them, end of discussion.

Back to the video. Those people are atheists. Cool, so am I, but I'm afraid that this is the only thing we have in common from an ideological point of view.

They think that homosexuality is a West-European thing. That's racist, ignorant and wrong. Some African people are gay too. They are just afraid to say so, for good reasons. Homosexuality has been observed in a great variety of species. Are dolphins, lizards, horses, elephants, sea lions and many other animals colonialist West-European too?

They keep talking about the African Way, which is all about family and community, unlike the European Way which is individualistic. First of all, bullshit. European, Asian and American people take just as much pride in their nationality and heritage as Africans do, if not more. Second of all, the African Way is also about killing gay people. Those two guys happen to live in a civilized country, so they go all "what you do behind closed doors is your business", but they know what Africans traditionally do to homosexuals and still phantasize about the African Way. Most Africans are religious so they believe that its their duty to oppress and kill for their god. What excuse do these guys have?

They say that people can not be born gay. Science says that you are born for reproduction. Wow, they have no idea what the word "science" means. Not to mention that there are people who are simply born unable to have children. Are those anti-community and anti-family and "non-scientific" too? Should we only allow fertile people to get married? Sterility must be a West-European thing too, right? I can't agree with people who use "science" as a word that magically makes everything you say accurate.

I continue to care about people of any race who decide to leave religion and embrace reason, but if these guys are truly representative for their group and this is the real face of African American Atheism, I'm not interested and I certainly don't want to be "one of them". Rest assured. They don't want me or you to be "one of them" either. We're just a bunch of colonialists who would only fuck with their traditions. Those guys mentioned Africa more often than Christians mention Jesus in an equally long speech.

Oh, one last thing: they keep saying that gays are "using atheism" for their personal purposes, which is quite laughable. The Projecting Fairy just whispered to me that they are an Atheist group who uses 90% of their air time to bash gays and push an African traditionalist agenda. Who's using atheism now?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 4 users Like Malleus's post