Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
I'm all for responsible gun ownership. I have multiple guns, a concealed carry permit, and an ak-47 clone.

No, I don't have a 'reason' for my ak that would ever satisfy the antigun folks. It's not my home defense gun. It's my take out to the range for an awesome time gun. It's my sh*t has hit the fan and it's zombie time gun (joking).

Personally, I've been surprised at how easy it was to buy the guns. Not in terms of background checks though. I've always bought through a licensed FFL and passed all my background checks. I was never asked though if I had any firearm proficiency or able to recite any firearm safety laws (I did and I can). Any firearm owner with his/her salt, will be able to recite the 4 basic safety laws forwards and backwards.

There is an NRA range a little out of the way from where I live. I love going there. My first time going they gave me a 3 or 4 page written exam to determine if I was knowledgeable enough to shoot there. It was basic questions about sight picture, what happens if you have a FTF, who can call cease fire, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing some basic level test that you need to take before buying a gun.

Question 1) The gun didn't fire when you pulled the trigger. What should you do?

Answer) Look down the barrel to see what's wrong.

Review) GTFO

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
22-04-2014, 02:57 PM
(22-04-2014 02:31 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  Question 1) The gun didn't fire when you pulled the trigger. What should you do?

Answer) Look down the barrel to see what's wrong.

This is what's called a self-correcting problem...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
22-04-2014, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 04:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I support the right to bare arms.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/518758450799134852/

I think it's hilarious the same fucking government that lets people get shot up all over the place, (and asserts people have the "right to bear arms") puts up signs IN ITS OWN DAMN BUILDINGS taking away the VERY same fucking right. "The VA bans guns on these premises". How the hell does THAT make any sense ? Either people have the right, or they don't.

The fact is the US Constitution needs to be amended to make society safe. The US is an unsafe place to live. If the parents of the Sandy Hook kids lived anywhere else, their kids would still be alive.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Guns are not magically different from any other item which exists.
(American constitution-as-scripture exceptionalism notwithstanding)

Most other dangerous items are regulated and monitored to some degree, based on what societies and lawmakers feel is a reasonable balance between safety and notional freedom.

... this is my signature!
22-04-2014, 04:56 PM
(22-04-2014 04:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Guns are not magically different from any other item which exists.

Most other dangerous items are regulated and monitored to some degree, based on what societies and lawmakers feel is a reasonable balance between safety and notional freedom.

There are 51 sets of laws in the U.S. Some states regulate firearms over and above the federal laws, some don't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2014, 05:00 PM
(22-04-2014 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 04:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Guns are not magically different from any other item which exists.

There are 51 sets of laws in the U.S. Some states regulate firearms over and above the federal laws, some don't.

[pedant]Slightly more than 51, wouldn't it be? Federal, state, DC, +territories[/pedant]

Indeed; that's in an of itself reasonable and as expected.

It's just that there's a vocal crowd of idiots to whom the existence of an amendment (explicitly containing the words "well-regulated") means that the best regulation is no regulation.

In my experience that viewpoint tends to poison the discussion by its mere existence - certainly so far as general public discourse in the US goes.

... this is my signature!
22-04-2014, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 05:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2014 02:31 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  ... a concealed carry permit, ...

How you'd get that in MD? I thought we had to have a reasonable justification like our job means we carry around large sums of cash for a bookie or we're private investigators or bounty hunters or corrupt politicians expecting dangerous situations. Did you have to just submit an application and pay a fee? .... Not that I could carry my shotguns around easily concealed. ... Joe Biden is right, the best home invasion defense is the shotgun, you just gotta pick the right load. Don't like pistols. Too many accidents waiting to happen. Too easy to eat for anyone at a picnic.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Having read Jesse's post, and noting that theism is on the rise and education on the wane in America, how do you guys see the country's future?

Is America the next Afghanistan?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-04-2014, 05:48 PM
(22-04-2014 05:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Having read Jesse's post, and noting that theism is on the rise and education on the wane in America, how do you guys see the country's future?

Is America the next Afghanistan?

Source please? It may feel like theism is on the rise because of moron states like AZ and KS, but the states like MA, NY, IL, etc, balance that shit out!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
22-04-2014, 05:48 PM
(22-04-2014 05:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are 51 sets of laws in the U.S. Some states regulate firearms over and above the federal laws, some don't.

[pedant]Slightly more than 51, wouldn't it be? Federal, state, DC, +territories[/pedant]

Indeed; that's in an of itself reasonable and as expected.

It's just that there's a vocal crowd of idiots to whom the existence of an amendment (explicitly containing the words "well-regulated") means that the best regulation is no regulation.

In my experience that viewpoint tends to poison the discussion by its mere existence - certainly so far as general public discourse in the US goes.

"Well regulated" applies to "militia". And the clause applies to the very existence of a militia - if the people do not have arms, there can be no militia.

I have no argument with reasonable laws that actually effect solutions to actual problems. But don't misinterpret the Second Amendment to bolster an ideology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post