Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
(22-04-2014 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 02:31 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  ... a concealed carry permit, ...

How you'd get that in MD? I thought we had to have a reasonable justification like our job means we carry around large sums of cash for a bookie or we're private investigators or bounty hunters or corrupt politicians expecting dangerous situations. Did you have to just submit an application and pay a fee? .... Not that I could carry my shotguns around easily concealed. ... Joe Biden is right, the best home invasion defense is the shotgun, you just gotta pick the right load. Don't like pistols. Too many accidents waiting to happen. Too easy to eat for anyone at a picnic.

Sorry, shoulda clarified. I do have one, but under my Virginia address. I still own that home, but since my drivers license has my MD address, its no good at the moment. I cant get a MD one till someone tries to murder me a few times, lol.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2014, 06:44 PM
To continue on Biden...a shotgun isnt a bad weapon for home defense. It has its pros and cons. I have a moss590 loaded with 00 9pellet. I also have an xd .45 loaded with hollow points. Biden was off when said a shotgun wont go through walls. It absolutely will. Know your target and know whats behind it.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 2 users Like =jesse='s post
22-04-2014, 06:49 PM
(22-04-2014 06:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 05:48 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Source please? It may feel like theism is on the rise because of moron states like AZ and KS, but the states like MA, NY, IL, etc, balance that shit out!

My sourse is just my observation. I see ID in the news all the time, science being attacked...am I wrong? I hope so.

Actually, religion is on the decline in the US.

The smaller the religious side becomes, the louder they sound, because there are fewer and fewer people being a buffer between the loud crazies and the rest of the world.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-04-2014, 06:51 PM
(22-04-2014 06:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 06:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My sourse is just my observation. I see ID in the news all the time, science being attacked...am I wrong? I hope so.

Actually, religion is on the decline in the US.

The smaller the religious side becomes, the louder they sound, because there are fewer and fewer people being a buffer between the loud crazies and the rest of the world.

Yup.

Visibility is not the same as prevalence.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
22-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Well that is good news.

Back to topic. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-04-2014, 10:28 PM
(22-04-2014 06:20 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  So, is there some sort of certificate to make sure all these people are part of a well regulated militia? Or are they going to pick and choose what they like, like religious people? Dodgy

Historically, every adult male is part of the militia.
"A militia generally is an army or other fighting force that is composed of non-professional fighters; citizens of a nation or subjects of a state or government that can be called upon to enter a combat situation, as opposed to a professional force of regular, full-time military personnel."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-04-2014, 02:46 AM
What the fuck does a civilian in a civilised country need an AK47 for?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
23-04-2014, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2014 05:14 AM by Banjo.)
(23-04-2014 02:46 AM)Stevil Wrote:  What the fuck does a civilian in a civilised country need an AK47 for?

It is difficult to come to grips with Americans. I have worked with many and they are great. None were into guns though. They are all artists. These people are highly intelligent and masterful musicians.

The American work ethic is worthy of respect.

And then there is this other side where many Americans are fascinated by weapons designed to kill human beings. AK 47's aren't for hunting rabbits, after all. Their movies are to a large extent violent in nature. Often gun oriented.

So why? Most nations that have a high level of gun violence are virtual war zones and under little to no government control. An American will often say guns are to protect the populace's rights from the government. But in the age of drones and F22's, that doesn't really cut it.

A strange people indeed. God love 'em. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-04-2014, 05:29 AM
(23-04-2014 02:46 AM)Stevil Wrote:  What the fuck does a civilian in a civilised country need an AK47 for?

Because, unfotunatly, we're not all that civilized in the US , add to that somewhat of a lingering frontier mentality, gangs and other violent folks in this country, and you get people that want the most out of their "protection", tho very few are proficient in its use. Undecided

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
23-04-2014, 06:22 AM

I have only ever used mine for sport shooting. It's a semi-automatic rifle. The same as any other semi auto rifle that shoots 7.62. Full autos are highly restricted and generally only owned by collectors and people who like to waste money spraying bullets at a target.

It's no different than me buying a remington semi auto hunting rifle. The AK is less accurate than most other rifles, but it is reliable as hell. You can abuse an AK and it will still work just fine after shaking the dirt out. My other semi auto rifles that are more accurate need to be babied and cleaned regularly to function well. That's the main reason I own an AK. It is an inexpensive gun that fires a widely available cartridge that is also inexpensive. I can take the rifle to the range, practice with it, and not spend a small fortune on ammo. Some of my other guns I only shoot every so often because ammo is more expensive or currently unavailable.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister