Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2014, 06:25 AM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
(23-04-2014 05:29 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 02:46 AM)Stevil Wrote:  What the fuck does a civilian in a civilised country need an AK47 for?

Because, unfotunatly, we're not all that civilized in the US , add to that somewhat of a lingering frontier mentality, gangs and other violent folks in this country, and you get people that want the most out of their "protection", tho very few are proficient in its use. Undecided

And this.

Ask shop owners in LA why they might need an AK during a riot. Having a semi auto rifle with 30 rds becomes very relevant when people are trying to break into your store, home, office and do bad things to you.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Granted closing the door after the horse has bolted seems pointless. But the thing is, we are puzzled by the horse.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-04-2014, 06:42 AM
(23-04-2014 06:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Granted closing the door after the horse has bolted seems pointless. But the thing is, we are puzzled by the horse.

What specifically are your referring to? American's love of guns?

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
23-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Seriously? Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
23-04-2014, 07:05 AM
(23-04-2014 06:54 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Seriously? Big Grin

Seriously. What is your question? Or what are you confused about?

I have no problem discussing guns with people as long as it remains civilized. I have a long history with shooting sports, own several different types of guns, and am well versed in the history and legal issues of gun ownership in this country. If you are confused about something, let me help you understand.

23-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Sorry mate I thought you were joking. I also thought my previous post mate it clear.

I have no real interest in discussing firearms with Americans. A pointless exercise reminiscent of discussing science with a creationist.

I do not include all Americans here. As stated in my previous post, I admire many Americans.

I am commenting on attitudes held by those beyond the borders of the US. Mostly people are dumbfounded. Kind of like the healthcare commie thing. To many outsiders these ways of thought are weird.

My brain is starved of oxygen and I cannot be sure, so I ask, is this clear?

Banjo.
23-04-2014, 07:21 AM
(23-04-2014 07:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry mate I thought you were joking. I also thought my previous post mate it clear.

I have no real interest in discussing firearms with Americans. A pointless exercise reminiscent of discussing science with a creationist.

I do not include all Americans here. As stated in my previous post, I admire many Americans.

I am commenting on attitudes held by those beyond the borders of the US. Mostly people are dumbfounded. Kind of like the healthcare commie thing. To many outsiders these ways of thought are weird.

Yanks be like: "What is this 'healthcare' of which you speak?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-04-2014, 07:24 AM
(23-04-2014 07:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry mate I thought you were joking. I also thought my previous post mate it clear.

That's fine. I won't press if you choose to remain ignorant of American gun culture. It is nothing like what you see in the media. The movies that come out of this country are not representative of our gun culture. Most of those movies are made by people who are ignorant of guns. If you ever decide you want some information on actual American gun culture, I'd be happy to educate you.

I do take a bit of offense to the creationist reference, though. You could actually learn something from talking to an American about guns. We're not the nutters that the media makes us out to be, so please don't lump us all in with the few outliers who ARE nutters. Most of us are peace loving individuals who enjoy shooting sports and own guns for self defense.

23-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Yeah I kind of stopped reading when you called me ignorant.

My brain is slow. Not off.

Creationist. Tongue

Banjo.
23-04-2014, 07:33 AM
(23-04-2014 07:24 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

That's fine. I won't press if you choose to remain ignorant of American gun culture. It is nothing like what you see in the media. The movies that come out of this country are not representative of our gun culture. Most of those movies are made by people who are ignorant of guns. If you ever decide you want some information on actual American gun culture, I'd be happy to educate you.

I do take a bit of offense to the creationist reference, though. You could actually learn something from talking to an American about guns. We're not the nutters that the media makes us out to be, so please don't lump us all in with the few outliers who ARE nutters. Most of us are peace loving individuals who enjoy shooting sports and own guns for self defense.

I have spoken to a a few Americans on the gun-stuff both from this forum and outside of it and I have not once been able to wrap my head around it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.