Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
(23-04-2014 07:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah I kind of stopped reading when you called me ignorant.

My brain is slow. Not off.

Creationist. Tongue

I don't mean ignorance as an insult. Ignorance is merely a lack of knowledge regarding a subject. I admit I have made some assumptions. I assume you've never been to an american shooting range, I assume you've never been to an american gun show, I assume you've never been to an american shooting competition. Without having seen these things or discussed them with a level headed, rational person, I find it hard to believe that you aren't ignorant of our gun culture. As I said, but you apparently didn't read, gun culture in this country is absolutely nothing like what is portrayed by the media.

Apologies if you took it as an insult. I only meant to help you understand. Understanding others viewpoints is rarely a bad thing.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2014, 07:35 AM
We really aren't a bunch of psycho right wing nut jobs waiting for the next wild west. Personally, I hope my guns are the most expensive things I never have to use.

That being said, if you've never fired a gun for recreation, I suggest you try it. It's a lot of fun. Nothing about penis size, right wing psychos, people with anger management issues...it's just fun. Skeet shooting and target shooting are a blast and good for stress relief. Long week at work...go shoot some clays on the weekend, light up a cigar afterwards and get a drink with a buddy...it's a damn good time.

To the AK, obviously we know we can't use our stuff against the gov't. If there were some kind 'revolt', it would obviously be more difficult for the government since most people own at least one gun, but we're not stupid. I don't think my ak is going to save me from a drone or cruise missile.

It is nice to have though locked up. You don't know what you don't know. Hopefully I go through my whole life without ever 'needing it'. Chances are likely will and it will stay locked up except for the times I take it to the range for recreation.

Side note, I think everyone should know a little about guns in the way I think everyone should know how to drive a stick shift or swim. If you do happen to come across a gun, it doesn't hurt to know how to safely unload and safe it.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 2 users Like =jesse='s post
23-04-2014, 07:44 AM
(23-04-2014 07:35 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  We really aren't a bunch of psycho right wing nut jobs waiting for the next wild west. Personally, I hope my guns are the most expensive things I never have to use.

That being said, if you've never fired a gun for recreation, I suggest you try it. It's a lot of fun. Nothing about penis size, right wing psychos, people with anger management issues...it's just fun. Skeet shooting and target shooting are a blast and good for stress relief. Long week at work...go shoot some clays on the weekend, light up a cigar afterwards and get a drink with a buddy...it's a damn good time.

To the AK, obviously we know we can't use our stuff against the gov't. If there were some kind 'revolt', it would obviously be more difficult for the government since most people own at least one gun, but we're not stupid. I don't think my ak is going to save me from a drone or cruise missile.

It is nice to have though locked up. You don't know what you don't know. Hopefully I go through my whole life without ever 'needing it'. Chances are likely will and it will stay locked up except for the times I take it to the range for recreation.

Side note, I think everyone should know a little about guns in the way I think everyone should know how to drive a stick shift or swim. If you do happen to come across a gun, it doesn't hurt to know how to safely unload and safe it.

Echo that. I have been in a situation where being armed kept me from being mugged, but all I had to do was pull my coat back when they started surrounding me. I hope I never have need of it again.

On the education thing, I couldn't agree more. Understanding the basic operation and safe handling of a firearm is a great thing, even if you don't want to own a gun. I took a friend of mine, who was terrified of guns, to the range. She still has no desire to own a gun, but now that she knows how they operate and how safe modern firearms are, she is no longer terrified in the presence of a gun and could safely unload a gun if she had to. Most people that I have talked with who are afraid of guns are woefully ignorant in their operation and safe handling. A little education can go a long way.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-04-2014, 07:45 AM
When you have to begin a post with those words, you're in trouble Jesse.

Also I am not anti gun. I was hunting pigs and roos professionally when I was 11. I got paid per skin.

I am not emotionally invested in your nation's issues. To me it is just a movie.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-04-2014, 07:46 AM
(23-04-2014 07:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  When you have to begin a post with those words, you're in trouble Jesse.

Also I am not anti gun. I was hunting pigs and roos professionally when I was 11. I got paid per skin.

I am not emmotionally invested in your nation's issues. To me it is just a movie.

And you wonder why I assumed that you're ignorant of our gun culture... Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-04-2014, 07:50 AM
I did not say it was a good movie.

Jeez who have I got there, Louis C.K.

Lighten up.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-04-2014, 07:58 AM
(23-04-2014 07:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I did not say it was a good movie.

Lighten up.

You have someone who is passionate about gun rights here.

If you don't have any interest in learning about our gun culture, that's fine. Just don't expect me to stand by idly while I see ignorance about it. We are not the nutters that people from other countries make us out to be, and I will stand here and educate anyone who is willing to learn. If you are not, then politely bow out of the conversation and leave it be.

23-04-2014, 08:00 AM
(23-04-2014 07:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I did not say it was a good movie.

Lighten up.

You have someone who is passionate about gun rights here.

If you don't have any interest in learning about our gun culture, that's fine. Just don't expect me to stand by idly while I see ignorance about it. We are not the nutters that people from other countries make us out to be, and I will stand here and educate anyone who is willing to learn. If you are not, then politely bow out of the conversation and leave it be.

.... It's not like I tried to engage a conversation or anything...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-04-2014, 08:01 AM
(23-04-2014 08:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You have someone who is passionate about gun rights here.

.... It's not like I tried to engage a conversation or anything...

Oops, sorry. What specifically are you curious about?

23-04-2014, 08:02 AM
(22-04-2014 06:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 06:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  No real argument. Today is not 1781.

Argument by whom? I'm afraid I'm not clear who you're referring to.

By me. That simply meant that I don't disagree with your statements and am not offering an argument - merely discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user