Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Brick Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
Evil_monster Kill the infidels, you hear this from a group of any faith at times. I almost forecast a religious war considering my surrounding, because we find it odd to see the religious ones joining arms. You get two transitional options, which one is deadly and wages war or the United States will regulate and manage the transition in a sociable matter. How can our motto remain In God We Trust though... no care for the ones of no religion but are we not American citizens? We the non believers consist of the most outside thinking? The honest view point is this is all anxiety and paranoia discussion, but I hope it to be a peaceful transition or will it be a war of Religion & Science.

Take a look, do you or anyone else see a fight? You have the billions of religious worshipers who would wage on the non believers.... How far has society evolved? The first United States president to recognize non believers is President Obama. I find his inauguration as a country leader trying to easily spoon feed others that there is no god.

This is all just me Hobo being nuts. The main question! Do you support gun rights? Do you have a limitation?

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
13-08-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
(12-08-2012 08:55 PM)Snuff Wrote:  Evil_monster Kill the infidels, you hear this from a group of any faith at times. I almost forecast a religious war considering my surrounding, because we find it odd to see the religious ones joining arms. You get two transitional options, which one is deadly and wages war or the United States will regulate and manage the transition in a sociable matter. How can our motto remain In God We Trust though... no care for the ones of no religion but are we not American citizens? We the non believers consist of the most outside thinking? The honest view point is this is all anxiety and paranoia discussion, but I hope it to be a peaceful transition or will it be a war of Religion & Science.

Take a look, do you or anyone else see a fight? You have the billions of religious worshipers who would wage on the non believers.... How far has society evolved? The first United States president to recognize non believers is President Obama. I find his inauguration as a country leader trying to easily spoon feed others that there is no god.

This is all just me Hobo being nuts. The main question! Do you support gun rights? Do you have a limitation?

As I've become more educated, I've found myself becoming more liberal on many issues that I was previously conservative about (abortion, homosexuality, religion, etc.). However, this is one issue that I have never been able to waver on. As a law enforcement officer, I believe every citizen who is legally and psychologically capable of carrying a firearm has a responsibility to do so. Making guns illegal does not solve any problems, because criminals have already proven that the law is of no concern to them. The people following the laws would become the victims.

Also, even in a world with ABSOLUTELY NO GUNS, the lawless would still prey on the weak. There are infinitely more ways of taking a life than of creating it.

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
[+] 14 users Like publius2k4's post
13-08-2012, 06:32 AM
(13-08-2012 12:27 AM)publius2k4 Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 08:55 PM)Snuff Wrote:  Evil_monster Kill the infidels, you hear this from a group of any faith at times. I almost forecast a religious war considering my surrounding, because we find it odd to see the religious ones joining arms. You get two transitional options, which one is deadly and wages war or the United States will regulate and manage the transition in a sociable matter. How can our motto remain In God We Trust though... no care for the ones of no religion but are we not American citizens? We the non believers consist of the most outside thinking? The honest view point is this is all anxiety and paranoia discussion, but I hope it to be a peaceful transition or will it be a war of Religion & Science.

As I've become more educated, I've found myself becoming more liberal on many issues that I was previously conservative about (abortion, homosexuality, religion, etc.). However, this is one issue that I have never been able to waver on. As a law enforcement officer, I believe every citizen who is legally and psychologically capable of carrying a firearm has a responsibility to do so. Making guns illegal does not solve any problems, because criminals have already proven that the law is of no concern to them. The people following the laws would become the victims.

Also, even in a world with ABSOLUTELY NO GUNS, the lawless would still prey on the weak. There are infinitely more ways of taking a life than of creating it.

Well stated, thank you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Countries with fewer guns have fewer gun crimes and certainly fewer gun related homicides. That is not liberal propaganda, that is documented fact.

The amount of guns we have in the US is completely out of control. The idea that we should all be armed and involving ourselves in this wild west fantasy shootouts is criminally irresponsible and I was appalled that some elected officials were asking why people weren't armed and shooting back after the Aurora, CO shootings. Because in a dark room filled with tear gas, what would have helped was more people shooting off guns. Because that was going to result in fewer casualties. Right.

Finally, the arguments about needing guns to protect yourself from criminals are simply not based on reality. Gun shot statistics overwhelmingly show that a gun owner is dramatically more likely to shoot himself or a family member than a criminal.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
13-08-2012, 07:21 AM
(13-08-2012 06:42 AM)BnW Wrote:  Countries with fewer guns have fewer gun crimes and certainly fewer gun related homicides. That is not liberal propaganda, that is documented fact.

The amount of guns we have in the US is completely out of control. The idea that we should all be armed and involving ourselves in this wild west fantasy shootouts is criminally irresponsible and I was appalled that some elected officials were asking why people weren't armed and shooting back after the Aurora, CO shootings. Because in a dark room filled with tear gas, what would have helped was more people shooting off guns. Because that was going to result in fewer casualties. Right.

Finally, the arguments about needing guns to protect yourself from criminals are simply not based on reality. Gun shot statistics overwhelmingly show that a gun owner is dramatically more likely to shoot himself or a family member than a criminal.

Call the police and tell them someone is breaking into your house and then call Pizza Hut and Order a Pizza for delivery. Respond back and tell us who got there first.

I always hear gun control advocates talking about the "Wild West Shootouts" If you study to actual history of the wild west what you will discover is that it was a very polite and very low crime time in US History. Yes there were occasional outlaws like Jessie James but the "Meet me on main street and high noon" shootouts almost never actually happened. I can't say it NEVER happened but they were very very very rare at best. The honest truth is, crime was very low at that time because everyone was armed, willing and able to defend themselves.

Most Americans today are brainwashed to believe the police are there to protect you so that you do not have to protect yourself. I personally think it is your responsibility to protect yourself. The cops are just there to do the paperwork afterwards.
13-08-2012, 07:27 AM
(13-08-2012 06:42 AM)BnW Wrote:  Countries with fewer guns have fewer gun crimes and certainly fewer gun related homicides. That is not liberal propaganda, that is documented fact.

And people who ride in motor vehicles are more likely to be injured in an accident.

The correlation between guns and violence is spurious. Switzerland has high gun ownership, low violent crime.

When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
13-08-2012, 08:42 AM
only because people should be in training for the zombie apocolypse (not sure if spelled right) Smile

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
13-08-2012, 08:46 AM
(13-08-2012 08:42 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  only because people should be in training for the zombie apocolypse (not sure if spelled right) Smile

Crossbow is quieter... won't attract hoards of raging zombies. Wink

My Year Of the Bible - A blog on reading the Bible

Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.
- Terry Pratchett
[+] 3 users Like futureMACH's post
13-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I am in a very similar boat to that of Publius in that my enlightenment has resulted in a more liberal view in almost every topic. (I too would have been a homophobe and pro-"life" and pro-death penalty).

This topic has changed for me too though. I am still for the right to bear arms but not assault rifles or stuff like expanded clips. Why anyone needs such things for hunting or self-defense is beyond me. I am for stricter laws and background checks in the hopes of preventing those who are mentally unfit from acquiring arms.

Also statistics are loaded too. Just because people who own guns are more likely to shoot themselves doesn't mean they are less likely to defend themselves. I will say that violent crimes in the US are down since the 60's, so the "need" for guns as self-defense are also reduced, in my opinion.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-08-2012, 10:23 AM
This? Again? Those who are pro-gun will remain pro-gun, regardless of the facts. The same is true of those who are anti-gun. Except, they're right. Yes

All pro-gun people should be forced to live in a relatively gun-free country, just for a bit of self-awareness (and cultural-awareness).

See? No guns. Don't have them; don't need them. Now, go back to the USA and continue your indoctrinated pro-gun life. Or get a penis-enlargement. Whatever it takes to replace that aspect of your masculinity.
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Tolly show is looking for atheists T.H. 8 238 04-06-2014 08:13 AM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  Question for anti-abortion atheists Hierophant 143 4,514 23-05-2014 07:33 AM
Last Post: Walter
  Are there any nonreligious reasons gays shouldn't have rights Aleprauchanist 26 456 12-04-2014 07:12 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Why do so many leftist atheists endorse Nietzsche? janthuffy 53 1,854 16-09-2013 10:55 PM
Last Post: black_squirrel
  Moral men and women will deny women equal rights. Greatest I am 70 2,657 24-06-2013 10:12 AM
Last Post: cjlr
  Shut up! I am talking about human rights here! HU.Junyuan 21 912 13-06-2013 10:58 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Petition to examine bans on Atheists in office. witerat 15 549 25-01-2013 01:47 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan