Poll: Do you support the right to bear arms?
Yes
No
Keep Hunting Rifles Only
Pistols but not AR(s) + 3
Assualt Rifles + 3 & 4
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 11:22 AM
RE: Atheists; Gun Rights Acknowledgement
If your problem is dangerous wildlife, get bear spray. A dose of it to the face is far more effective than a gun.

Of course, don't get the crappy weak stuff, get the one that sprays like a boss fire extinguisher (go to 7:30)

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Im confused atheist believe in civil rights when comes 1st amendment when comes to freedom of religion but a bigot when it comes to the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms Huh
21-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Yes, but the distribution system is in DRASTIC need of better oversight. Licensing required in all 50 states, mandatory safety classes, etc.

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-04-2014, 05:55 PM
(21-04-2014 05:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Yes, but the distribution system is in DRASTIC need of better oversight. Licensing required in all 50 states, mandatory safety classes, etc.

Why would you even respond to a vacuous trolltacular driveby necroposting like this, Tartarus?

... this is my signature!
21-04-2014, 06:10 PM
I voted for hunting rifles only. I used to be a professional hunter.

As for owning assault rifles and the like...well I don't have any plans to become a local warlord or rise up and bring down my government. So I see no reason to own military hardware.

I no longer hunt. As a result I do not own a hunting rifle.

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
21-04-2014, 06:22 PM
(21-04-2014 05:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 05:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Yes, but the distribution system is in DRASTIC need of better oversight. Licensing required in all 50 states, mandatory safety classes, etc.

Why would you even respond to a vacuous trolltacular driveby necroposting like this, Tartarus?

Well first of all, I didn't even read the post above mine, my post was an answer to the original question. Second, I didn't notice the dates. Third, I'm a derp Bangin.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-04-2014, 06:29 PM
If people believe in invisible sky-daddies they are too stupid to be trusted with guns.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
22-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I skiped most of the post, but to the orginal question.

Here in the US we should be allowed to own guns, with regulations. We do have the right to bear arms, but not an unregulated right.

We have no need to true assult rifles, but AR-15's and the like are no more powerful or capable than hunting rifles and not actually military grade assult rifles.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
22-04-2014, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 02:11 PM by Cathym112.)
I own lots of guns. At least 4 pistols and many more firearms. I carry concealed every time I walk past my mailbox. Do I live in a crime riddled area? Nope. People don't really lock their doors here.

Why? Because I have the right to defend myself.

The fact that in the states that allow for concealed carry, have seen significant DROPS in violent crime.

"Gary Kleck, PhD., also a gun crime expert, found that the crime deterrence effect of firearms possession is significant: sophisticated statistics suggest three to four crimes are stopped by a handgun than are committed in the United States every year."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/...read-this/

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
22-04-2014, 02:18 PM
I use to have more guns when I was hunting. When I stopped I sold most of them. I do have a pistol and a 22 rifle for target shooting. Even tho I am not hunting I still like to shoot. My son would like to take up hunting so I will be getting a new rifle in the not so distant future.