Atheists and Dog Chips!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Atheists and Dog Chips!
Since most of you are young and ALL don’t believe the Bible was written by God. Let’s look at predictive prophecy. If I predicted the lottery winners for the next 10 years, would you believe me on the first week of year 11? How about if I did it over a thousand years? It would show that I have some ability that is supernatural or that I am out of the time continuum and can see the future. The Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies, all of which you don’t believe in, I get it because you don’t understand how the Bible was written, but the Bible predicted Israel becoming a nation and it happened in 1948, not that long ago. How about the future, just stick this in the back of your brain. The book of Revelation in the New Testament was written between AD 65ish to 175ish. Even if it was written for the King James Version only, it was written in 1611AD. Can we agree on something, that was way before computers or even a thought of a computer? (BTW I doubt we will be able to agree on that as this whole site is denial). Revelation 13:16 talks about the mark of the beast. “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

This is a Wall Street Journal Article Form 3-8-2010 Two Days Ago!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...Collection

A national ID card, a biometric card, you won’t be able to work without one. I just want you to remember this in the upcoming years; the Bible told you so hundreds of years ago that that there will a number that will be attached to you. Parts of China have one, parts of India have one, and soon parts of the US will have one, starting with companies that hire large percentages of illegal aliens, obviously Mexican. We already have Debit/credit cards, social security numbers, passports etc. Why not condense them into one card? With national security threats that would be perfect. Wait that card can be lost or maybe some identity theft might take place, let’s put a chip in your body, after all your dog might already have one!

So my skeptical friends, at some point in the future it will take place, the Bible talked about it hundreds of years ago, when it does… will you believe then?
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2010 09:32 PM by Unbeliever.)
RE: Atheists and Dog Chips!
(10-03-2010 09:09 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  The Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies

Which are either fulfilled in the Bible, so vague as to mean literally anything, or self-fulfilling.

Quote:the Bible predicted Israel becoming a nation and it happened in 1948, not that long ago.

This is a combination of self-fulfilling and vague. The Bible gave no timeframe for this event, so there is no way for it ever be false, as you can always say that it is going to happen in future. It is also self-fulfilling in that, by predicting the reformation of the Jewish nation in a Jewish holy text, it ensured that the Jewish people would always work towards this end. Failing anything but their complete and utter destruction, there really isn't any way for this prophecy to not come true at some point.

Quote:Can we agree on something, that was way before computers or even a thought of a computer? (BTW I doubt we will be able to agree on that as this whole site is denial). Revelation 13:16 talks about the mark of the beast. “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

A national ID card, a biometric card, you won’t be able to work without one.

GEERUP? That you?
Seriously. This is ludicrous. The "mark of the beast" prophecy is a perfect example of a prophecy that is so vague as to apply to almost anything you want. It's the Nostradamus Effect.
Also, do you actually know of anyone who has these chips?

Quote:So my skeptical friends, at some point in the future it will take place, the Bible talked about it hundreds of years ago, when it does… will you believe then?

Depends. If it's another vague prophecy like the "mark of the beast", probably not.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Damn you beat me to it....
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
(10-03-2010 09:46 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  Damn you beat me to it....

When it comes to initiative...

[Image: yhst-34640480252896_2097_6868842]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
10-03-2010, 10:10 PM
How does Unbeliever get there so fast? Jesus Christ, I'm amazed.

Restating Unbeliever, there has been no convincing prophecy fulfillment. I would feel more comfortable talking about the bible quote if I could get the context, but it doesn't seem to fit so perfectly. The focus seem to be more on the devil than a number.

(10-03-2010 09:15 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  GEERUP? That you?

HA! Come on now, Martin isn't THAT bad. He never told several thousand women to potentially kill themselves.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
10-03-2010, 10:17 PM
I read fast, I type faster. That's what you get when you're a computer major.

10-03-2010, 11:01 PM

I'm going to hit this one with some items I researched...

First off, martin, what is the number, 666 or 616? The fact that no one even seems to agree on this makes it invalid right there:

"The number is 666 in most manuscripts of the New Testament, and in modern translations and critical editions of the Greek text. Although Irenaeus (second century) reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still doubt by some theologians about the original reading, as some recently discovered third century early manuscripts of Revelation read 616."

Second, the 'mark' was relevant for its time and, although the quote you provided does sound futuristic, it can also revolve around the rulers of that period:

"Most scholars believe that 666 refers to Roman Emperor Nero[3][5][13] (whose name, written in Aramaic, can be valued at 666, using the Hebrew numerology of gematria), a manner of speaking against the emperor without the Roman authorities knowing."

or...

"A few ancient manuscripts of the Revelation say the number is 616, fifty less than the more well known number. ...it could very well be assumed that occasionally someone may have used the Latin spelling of Nero's name (Nero Caesar), so the total value of the gematria would be 616."

Thirdly, the interpretation is still up in the air as to what the 'mark of the beast' even refers to:

Name - One interpretation is that 666 encodes the letters of someone’s name identifying the Antichrist. In Hebrew gematria, every letter has a corresponding number. Summing these numbers gives a numeric value to a word or name.

Roman Emperor - Nero, Caligula, and Domitian are mentioned.

Papacy - Vicarius Filii Dei and even your beloved Benedictus are named as popes whose letters add up to 666 (although 666 isn't even correct...the transcripts noted that 616 is the correct number)...

Muhammad - Yes, this implicates Islam as the Anti-Christ, but only under the condition that the mark is '666' and not '616'...another squashed theory!

Other names - Andrew of Caesarea, Victorinus of Pettau, Venerable Bede, and Beatus all give names implicating them as the Anti-Christ.

The commerce mark is coming from Christian futurists...oxymoron, that is, that a Christian would be worried about the future. Don't you all look forward to death???

The most interesting was the 'alternate' view from Christians:

"Alternative views to the Christian futurist one exist. Some who take a historical view of the Book of Revelation identify the Mark of the Beast with the stamped image of the emperor's head on every coin of the Roman empire: the stamp on the hand or in the mind of all, without which no one could buy or sell."

So, martin, a question for you: Is the mark of the beast '666' or '616'?

If it is '666', then all theories have been washed away, since the names I referenced above all add up to '666'.

As for credit cards, smart chips, ID cards, etc...these all have something in common. It's called progress. These things are inevitable and are a sign, not of the end of days, but of the future, bold and bright.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F. Kennedy
10-03-2010, 11:35 PM

(10-03-2010 09:15 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 09:09 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  The Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies

Which are either fulfilled in the Bible, so vague as to mean literally anything, or self-fulfilling.

Quote:the Bible predicted Israel becoming a nation and it happened in 1948, not that long ago.

This is a combination of self-fulfilling and vague. The Bible gave no timeframe for this event, so there is no way for it ever be false, as you can always say that it is going to happen in future. It is also self-fulfilling in that, by predicting the reformation of the Jewish nation in a Jewish holy text, it ensured that the Jewish people would always work towards this end. Failing anything but their complete and utter destruction, there really isn't any way for this prophecy to not come true at some point.

Quote:Can we agree on something, that was way before computers or even a thought of a computer? (BTW I doubt we will be able to agree on that as this whole site is denial). Revelation 13:16 talks about the mark of the beast. “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

A national ID card, a biometric card, you won’t be able to work without one.

GEERUP? That you?
Seriously. This is ludicrous. The "mark of the beast" prophecy is a perfect example of a prophecy that is so vague as to apply to almost anything you want. It's the Nostradamus Effect.
Also, do you actually know of anyone who has these chips?

Quote:So my skeptical friends, at some point in the future it will take place, the Bible talked about it hundreds of years ago, when it does… will you believe then?

Depends. If it's another vague prophecy like the "mark of the beast", probably not.

Ready for some rope? How could I prove to you that the Bible gave a time for the prophecy of Israel becoming a nation? Remember the Bible made the claim and the claim came true, so I am not using the Bible to prove the Bible, I am using the Bible to prove that it made a prophecy and it came true.
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
(10-03-2010 11:35 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ready for some rope? How could I prove to you that the Bible gave a time for the prophecy of Israel becoming a nation?

How do you think? Post the verse that gives the exact time period in which Israel was to become a nation.

11-03-2010, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010 02:33 AM by shiranl.)
Actually, martin is right. partly. "god" did give a date for Israel nation to rise again, but let say it happened short time before god predicted. "god" said Israel will rise again after the Masiah of the Jewish will come. and that will happen right after ALL the Jewish in the world will return in Tshuva and keep the Sabath. as you already know-this is yet to come.

Not only Israel rised before the Masiah came, Israel rised 3 years after the biggest low point in the Jewish lifes. By the bible, Israel would suppose to rise right after the greater high point in the Jewish lifes. Gody missed a little bit, didn't he? but how it is possible!?!? GOD suppose to know EVERYTHING!!! including the events which yet to come!

more over, in the same prophecy god promissed that after Israel will rise again everything will be perfect. we will live in harmoney with the nations around us. But here I am, 18 years old girl with drafting order to the IDF at July 18th 2010. if this is harmoney, I don't want to know what isn't.

Binyamin Zeev Hertzel was the one to predict Israel as it is now. so....Binyamin Zeev Hertzel predict better then god itself?!?! WOW!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user