Atheists are no better than Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: Atheists are no better than Christians
(13-06-2014 08:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 07:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  University of Bristol
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
1994 – 1997

I think anyway. I could be wrong. Google has failed me before.

... Er? You know who OP is Huh 'Cos OP declined to answer my question, instead blathering on about how I'm a slave to experts educated under a corrupt system or some such drivel Rolleyes

I'm awesome at Google.

And yeah, about 95% sure that's our guy. Like I said, though, I've been wrong before.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-06-2014, 08:08 AM
But anyway OP, I don't have any need to care about Atwill now. If he *is* out of the top drawer and he fights the good fight with academic consensus then in 40 years time or so his theories will gain acceptance and that'll be bully for him Smile I don't need to go rushing after every crank who comes up with a pet theory, I can just wait for academia to filter them out Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2014, 08:09 AM
(13-06-2014 08:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm awesome creepy as fuck at Google.

Shocking

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2014, 08:09 AM
(13-06-2014 08:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Er? You know who OP is Huh

Well, I don't know who he is. I just know he's not someone who's very good at hiding his anonymity.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
13-06-2014, 08:11 AM
(13-06-2014 08:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Er? You know who OP is Huh

Well, I don't know who he is. I just know he's not someone who's very good at hiding his anonymity.

Just pullin' your tail old bean...

13-06-2014, 08:12 AM
(13-06-2014 08:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm awesome creepy as fuck at Google.

Shocking

If you only knew half the stuff I know about people here. Big Grin

Nah, it's my job to keep an eye on everyone. I keep most everything to myself... except a few things that don't risk people's anonymity... just let's them know, I know.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-06-2014, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2014 08:17 AM by kingschosen.)
Edit: Nope, I didn't.

13-06-2014, 08:16 AM
(13-06-2014 07:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 07:45 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Unless you have looked at his main evidence in the form of 50+ sequential parallels any opinion you form has no basis to Atwill's claims. You just don't want to repeat your strawman attacks and would rather ignore the evidence and write the whole thing off. That is just a cop out.

What straw-man attacks?

So not only do you go with an OP that tells atheists what atheists think (which is pretty much the best way around here to make your rep turn red) but now you are making assumptions about my position.

How do you know that I'm not in agreement with Atwill?

I don't think you are really interested in your invented 'generic atheist's' opinion ... just interested in expressing your own.

Fortunately for Atwill, his marketing team is much more professional and accomplished at the persuasion-game than are you.

Your approach seems to have been designed to turn everyone off to Atwill's ideas.

Perhaps you are working under cover for the pope?

Drinking Beverage
Atwill doesn't play games; he just presents honest evidence. It may seem like everyone is getting turned off, but that's because that they don't like to think for themselves. Please provide a link to your previous discussions/opinions if you don't wish to repeat yourself. From the previous topic I saw that you watched the documentary, which provides a good overview, but that isn't sufficient to form an opinion unless you followed up on the "Flavian Signature" part that Atwill references from Josephus and the New Testament. Even if you agree with Atwill, how do we know that you've looked at the evidence and understood it?
13-06-2014, 08:20 AM
(13-06-2014 08:16 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Even if you agree with Atwill, how do we know that you've looked at the evidence and understood it?

Back atcha champ.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2014, 08:21 AM
(13-06-2014 08:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 08:16 AM)gilius2k14 Wrote:  Even if you agree with Atwill, how do we know that you've looked at the evidence and understood it?

Back atcha champ.

He just needs to confirm or deny his credentials.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post